Unbalance in the game

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Boog
Admiral

Re: Unbalance in the game

Post#11 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Piaresquare wrote:
Boog wrote:I'd recommend a few Rodians in the mix. That said, sometimes you just gotta shit your pants when you see the jumps pop out, lol.

No, no you don’t. Just learn to deal with the sc, then continue your attack. Don’t just go in and cross your fingers that the sc is empty or doesn’t have jets/sharps in it, plan on the sc to be full and make it part of your attack to deal with the sc or sc troops.

When I scout a base, I 1. Look for kessen snipe 2. How do I bait if I miss 3. What is my plan for Dekas 4. How and I going to get the shields down.

Not saying a perfect plan, but bases start getting very similar in lvl. Hd, ring, spread, left corner base used by most of nameless and some w.a.r. Players on hoth...

Pi

As a leve 8 with 58K+ medals, I think I know how to handle the SC, but thanks for the advice.

Piaresquare
Commander

Post#12 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Boog wrote:As a leve 8 with 58K+ medals, I think I know how to handle the SC, but thanks for the advice.

You are probably right, I’m still a fairly new player. Appoligize if I offended.
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#13 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 pm

I just always try to get a kubaz in to trip the SC and corner lure the jets with a storm. Let them kill it, drop vader and twirl. Deploy jumps, rodians or bikes to kill them and the rest of the attack is usually just a matter of redirecting sonics with more kubaz or storms. Vader should be ready to twirl again by the time turrets start shooting at him. I can often beat many a lvl 10 even without air, but t-5s or a few defenders for you low lvl guys will make life easier. The hardest part is getting past the jets but it can be done consistently.

Piaresquare
Commander

Post#14 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Plagueis wrote:I just always try to get a kubaz in to trip the SC and corner lure the jets with a storm. Let them kill it, drop vader and twirl. Deploy jumps, rodians or bikes to kill them and the rest of the attack is usually just a matter of redirecting sonics with more kubaz or storms. Vader should be ready to twirl again by the time turrets start shooting at him. I can often beat many a lvl 10 even without air, but t-5s or a few defenders for you low lvl guys will make life easier. The hardest part is getting past the jets but it can be done consistently.

I honestly am not a vader user.... he goes and runs straight into the turret fire. :) no matter how much I try to figure him out, he and me don’t get along. I try and try... but... darn he is a headache, one day I’ll master the stupid half mech, dancing, suicidal, lord... until then, I’m a kessen girl 100%.

Pi
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

TSQL
Commodore

Post#15 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Piaresquare wrote:
Plagueis wrote:I just always try to get a kubaz in to trip the SC and corner lure the jets with a storm. Let them kill it, drop vader and twirl. Deploy jumps, rodians or bikes to kill them and the rest of the attack is usually just a matter of redirecting sonics with more kubaz or storms. Vader should be ready to twirl again by the time turrets start shooting at him. I can often beat many a lvl 10 even without air, but t-5s or a few defenders for you low lvl guys will make life easier. The hardest part is getting past the jets but it can be done consistently.

I honestly am not a vader user.... he goes and runs straight into the turret fire. :) no matter how much I try to figure him out, he and me don’t get along. I try and try... but... darn he is a headache, one day I’ll master the stupid half mech, dancing, suicidal, lord... until then, I’m a kessen girl 100%.

Pi

If your fairly new and can use Kessen effectively. Then your way ahead of the curve.
3 years in and I miss most of the time :o
Officer in JediTempleBlue
Windows Refugee

Piaresquare
Commander

Post#16 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm

TSQL wrote:
If your fairly new and can use Kessen effectively. Then your way ahead of the curve.
3 years in and I miss most of the time :o

Fairly new... I’ve been playing a year and 8 months. I started using kessen about 6 months ago. But i’ve had some amazing teachers.
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#17 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Kessen sniping is fine if you can pull it off consistently, if the bases you face aren’t set up to prevent the garbage and if the devs don’t suddenly decide that “Yes, kessen is OP, let’s nerf his special”. While vader can take some serious strategy to use, it becomes really easy to use him with practice. He will always run in and take turret fire, that’s for sure. The trick is to get him to take turret and SC troop fire when you want him to and time his twirl so he keeps your other stuff alive. Using vader isn’t about vader leading the charge and killing everything. It’s about him tanking so your other stuff can do it with impunity.

Piaresquare
Commander

Post#18 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Plagueis wrote:Kessen sniping is fine if you can pull it off consistently, if the bases you face aren’t set up to prevent the garbage and if the devs don’t suddenly decide that “Yes, kessen is OP, let’s nerf his special”. While vader can take some serious strategy to use, it becomes really easy to use him with practice. He will always run in and take turret fire, that’s for sure. The trick is to get him to take turret and SC troop fire when you want him to and time his twirl so he keeps your other stuff alive. Using vader isn’t about vader leading the charge and killing everything. It’s about him tanking so your other stuff can do it with impunity.

Oh, I agree. I just have yet to figure him out to the point of saying I’m anywhere near competent at him. He is on the still needs work list. I’ll get there.
Piaresquare - Darkpath
Darth Vicious - ByDesign

MasterCheez0324
Captain

Post#19 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Another crying rebel. Just do what imps have been doing and suck it up, because on defense rodians are pretty much the only counter to the brainless jet mob. And just so you're aware, more devs play as rebels than imps.

lurker
Captain

Post#20 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:39 pm

Slim wrote:Its probably been discussed many times...... but no change or comment from SWC.

Why do Imperials get snipers and rebels get Van Guards in Guard Reserves.... not least as Imperials use the Sniper upgrade and before you know it there's starships bombing you too! They're so much more powerful and knock a Jet with Jet skins on before you can get near them....

it seems so unfairly balanced i just can't understand the thinking.....unless of course the SWC staff are all imperials and want to give an unfair advantage?

Can someone confirm if this is being addressed as I am close to walking away from nearly 3 years of playing

Because the TX225 of the Empire do 60% more damage and they are supposed to use that. And we get skiff instead of snipers, the vans are the mirror of the spiders.

In developers' minds, Rebels use infantry (jets, for example), Imperials use vehicles. Well, the imperials don't use their ÜberWagen, but they have their infantry-stopping GR. Seen this way, this GR is according to plan.
Data miner

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”