New Idea: Data Shop

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.

Poll: Daily Random Question! Which Elite Walker is superior?

Elite AT-TE!
32%
Elite AT-AT!
68%
Total votes: 37

CommandoScott
Officer

New Idea: Data Shop

Post#1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 am

The idea of the "Data Shop" is to allow players to obtain data pieces which they want, not having to rely on random crate drops / events

The way it would work is you can buy Data fragments (for units mostly. im considering if being able to buy armory upgrades would be a good idea...) for In game Resources, giving players a chance to get units (and maybe upgrades) they want!

Random Person: Uhm Scott, what do you mean by "In game resources"?

Well: you would be able to purchase data fragments using Credits (and maybe alloy but that wouldnt make much sense if you think about it) or using Crystals!

For example: lets say we wanna buy 20 HWK-290 Fragments (because you werent able to get to ultra chrome in conflict...) you search "HWK" and then it would pop up, displaying its price for each one of the fragments
then you would type the amount of pieces you want to buy (20 in this case) and the game would calculate how much would that cost

Lets say 1 fragment is 10 0000 Credits (we wanna keep the prices high so not every single person in the world would have them, that would be unbalanced and dumb) then the game would show that the purchase would cost you 20 00000 Credits, then you would press something like an "Accept" button and poof! you got yourself a HWK-290!

Of course the Amount of fragments avaliable in the store would be Limited, and they would replenish over time,

For example... lets say you wanna buy some Elite AT-TE Fragments (because lets be honest, the Elite AT-TE looks pretty awesome) and it says there are olny 11 fragments avaliable,you buy the fragments, and the next day it shows that there are like 2 new fragments (we wanna replenish them slowly, because as i said before, if you could get like 100 fragments every single day, the game would get pretty unbalanced, so lets say the store replenishes 2 or 1 fragment each day)

This would give players the ability to get units or upgrades they want, without having to deal with the randomness of crate drops, AND it would give them ability to get units that arent avaliable anymore (like the Fang Fighter, because i remember reading something about it being olny avaliable during the Rouge One event, im not SURE if its exclusive, but you get the idea)
Death To MicroTransactions

#NOTHEBATTLEFRONT2IWANTED
#DEATHTOEA

YourFather
Major General

Re: New Idea: Data Shop

Post#2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Haha at least 2 people think the ATTE is better than the eATAT. ATTE doesn't receive armory skins. Freaking noobs. Hahahahahaha...ha.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:39 pm

YourFather wrote:Haha at least 2 people think the ATTE is better than the eATAT. ATTE doesn't receive armory skins. Freaking noobs. Hahahahahaha...ha.

If skins were meant to be considered I’d like to think it would’ve been e-at-te vs. at-act instead. It’s not. Try using e at-at as-is on forest worlds and as the only way it can be run on desert worlds or hoth with no at-act skin as a lvl 10 and it won’t seem better than e at-te. It won’t even seem as good as deathtrooper. Buffed rockets and sonics absolutely massacre e at-at. The only thing that allows it to last more than 10 seconds is a wad of jumps blocking for it in which case e at-te would be better as jets have more health and act as better blockers.

YourFather
Major General

Post#4 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:36 am

Plagueis wrote:
YourFather wrote:Haha at least 2 people think the ATTE is better than the eATAT. ATTE doesn't receive armory skins. Freaking noobs. Hahahahahaha...ha.

If skins were meant to be considered I’d like to think it would’ve been e-at-te vs. at-act instead. It’s not. Try using e at-at as-is on forest worlds and as the only way it can be run on desert worlds or hoth with no at-act skin as a lvl 10 and it won’t seem better than e at-te. It won’t even seem as good as deathtrooper. Buffed rockets and sonics absolutely massacre e at-at. The only thing that allows it to last more than 10 seconds is a wad of jumps blocking for it in which case e at-te would be better as jets have more health and act as better blockers.

Given access to armory skins, if you could only have one of the two, which would you prefer?
That's what I thought.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:01 am

Hmm .. I thought these 2 units are identical in stats. So only the look is different. And of course in SW world, ATAT is an icon. Easy choice.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:09 am

YourFather wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

Given access to armory skins, if you could only have one of the two, which would you prefer?
That's what I thought.

On hoth, tat or er’kit? Yeah, I would take the e at-te because again, either one needs blockers and jets have more health than jumps. And the OP didn’t mention armory skins.

What’s better? A hero that’s useful on all planets because additional units that every rebel inherently uses can actually keep turret fire off of it or one that’s useful only on two planets as long as there are no buffed rocket turrets around. Oh, and having weaker blockers for it which often translates to our walker taking buffed rocket turret fire and dying in seconds despite having so much extra health. Can’t forget that...I guess we can just deploy at-act really far away and let the spawning storm troopers do the work. There’s a reason why many imps use kessen even on forest worlds.

YourFather
Major General

Post#7 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 am

Plagueis wrote:
YourFather wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

That's what I thought.

On hoth, tat or er’kit? Yeah, I would take the e at-te because again, either one needs blockers and jets have more health than jumps. And the OP didn’t mention armory skins.

What’s better? A hero that’s useful on all planets because additional units that every rebel inherently uses can actually keep turret fire off of it or one that’s useful only on two planets as long as there are no buffed rocket turrets around. Oh, and having weaker blockers for it which often translates to our walker taking buffed rocket turret fire and dying in seconds despite having so much extra health. Can’t forget that...I guess we can just deploy at-act really far away and let the spawning storm troopers do the work. There’s a reason why many imps use kessen even on forest worlds.

I'm still confused. The units in question have the same stats except the eatat has access to an armory skin. Eatat is therefore strictly better than eatte.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm

Very few of his posts make logical sense.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:49 pm

The poll was about which one was better, e at-te or e at-at and NOT at-act. The armory was not mentioned ONE TIME as e at-at and at-act are DIFFERENT. AND AGAIN, a hero like e at-at or e at-te are only as good as their blockers. Rebels have better blockers for at-te than imps have for e at-at. It’s like how Kessen used to be before imperial astromech. It had the same stats for both factions but was WAY better for rebels because it could be healed with med droids. Synergy can’t be ignored. How clear does it have to be?

But if we want to compare e at-at to e at-te without deploying anything else and just relying on their identical stats they will be EQUAL. Of course people want to cherrypick so they can say, “Oh, but THIS can be activated under very limited circumstances...See!! Look how OP the empire is!!”

And Shelendil, where’s the logic in posting something illogical? I can just as easily say, “Ignore Shelendil, he’ll say your very few of your posts make logical sense”. It’s meaninless fluff. I could say that stormtroopers have a UC of 1 and you would probably disagree with me and say my post doesn’t make sense. You might have well just posted a pic of a box full of styrafoam peanuts because although the box might be full, it’s full of nothing of substance.

Speaking of logic, I’m done with this poll because after one last thing who cares? Most people move on to using Kessen after realizing how much e at-at/at-act/e at-te sucks. So master of logic Shelendil, tell me, can e at-act be used in hoth, tat or er’kit?? And what’s better on those planets, an e at-at with jumps as blockers or e at-te with jets and their extra health buff as blockers?

Cainamogel82
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 pm

I would second this idea. Very interesting and people would WANT to logon every day just to see if something new popped up.
-Jedi Eric

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”