Seperate chat option

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Ktulu
Commander

Seperate chat option

Post#1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:11 am

Sorry if repost, didnt scroll threw too many, how about 1) a private chat between a leader and officers? 2) more options for squad insignia or create own. 3) more officer ranks, captain, LT, etcc. ...
I dont pay to play, I steal it from others

Come play in the LandofDecay

LeaderHq lvl 8

Swad
Major General

Re: Seperate chat option

Post#2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm

All good options Ktulu.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

wedge
Commander

Post#3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Ktulu wrote:Sorry if repost, didnt scroll threw too many, how about 1) a private chat between a leader and officers? 2) more options for squad insignia or create own. 3) more officer ranks, captain, LT, etcc. ...

The limitations of the in game chat is why many squads use line. though i wouldn't mind more ranks going up to co-leader

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Post#4 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:03 am

Creation of more in-squad ranks sounds nice and might be helpful in some cases, but it would for many squads undoubtedly result in trouble.

Some squads get by with only few officers, I've seen squads with just one, whilst other squads have well over 10. My own squad has about half of its members as officers. Why? usually as a reward for either doing well in wars, or for being a loyal squad member for a long time or for being a useful contributor to strategies, humor etc...

Plus: one can differentiate rewards for just being loyal/donating well and e.g. being the decisive "cool hand" who forces a positive outcome for wars et cetera

Negative: lots of in-squad whining and jealousy...
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:28 am

Leader, officers and members is how several games work.

I think more ranks would cause more trouble than than they are worth.

Everything's fine during times of stability, but when someone leaves, or something happens, I can see officers potentially being disgruntled with the new hierarchy. That's how splits can happen.

Kenobi's Command takes anyone, and I don't ask about histories, but I have been told of events in other squads that have caused them to break up.

The most tempting rank, to me, is co-leader. Sometimes I'm busy in RL and can't do as much to assist in a particular War or conflict as I would like. I used to have several officers that stepped up in those situations, but they have 'retired' now due to frustrations with the game.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

geoman48
Commodore

Post#6 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:20 pm

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:The most tempting rank, to me, is co-leader. Sometimes I'm busy in RL and can't do as much to assist in a particular War or conflict as I would like. I used to have several officers that stepped up in those situations, but they have 'retired' now due to frustrations with the game.

I love the idea of co-leader. Then if one of the co-leaders leaves the game because of RL, or lost phone, or whatever, then you can basically choose a new co-leader. I led a squad a while back and had 2-3 officers. But my #2 was an officer who started all of my wars was not that great at the game, but she was a GREAT organizer. So she started all of our wars, made sure everybody attacked in squad wars, etc. Well, I went on vacation for about 3 weeks this summer. If she could've been co-leader, if I had got booted from the squad, she'd have become the leader instead of the highest medal count officer (she had only about 1,000 medals). To this day, I wish I could've made her co-leader. She ended up leaving the game after the disastrous guard reserve was out for a few months. If she had been co-leader, I think she might've stayed. Great idea ObiWanKenobi2016! :D
:mrgreen: do you have the droids I'm looking for? :mrgreen:

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#7 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:48 am

I think a co-leader would be very helpful, especially if the leader for some RL reasons could not take part in wars for some time. Atm, leader is always included by default and can't be excluded from war teams. I think that option would be useful.
HQ10 Rebel only, 38k medals, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

LINE ID : fcostov

Swad
Major General

Post#8 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 am

FelixKostobi wrote:I think a co-leader would be very helpful, especially if the leader for some RL reasons could not take part in wars for some time. Atm, leader is always included by default and can't be excluded from war teams. I think that option would be useful.

I like the idea of a co leader or an officer grade with leader function.
Note though that leader is not included in war by default. The person starting the war is included by default, and that can be any officer, or leader.
In Spawn we have several nominated Warmongers on rota. That person picks, starts war and control the attacks. It works well.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

ZeroCool
Commander

Post#9 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:57 am

Ktulu wrote:Sorry if repost, didnt scroll threw too many, how about 1) a private chat between a leader and officers? 2) more options for squad insignia or create own. 3) more officer ranks, captain, LT, etcc. ...

All these ideas that you have mentioned SuperCell has already Tasked into Clash of Clans, but the Rank Tiers could be in the Traditional Star Wars Canon Style. Have a Range of Medals for each and to go even further, So Say you're in the Grand Admiral tier you couldn't attack below two tiers or above, unless you dropped back into the range you desire. Have the Insignia unlock at each level of the Squad, with more options to Customize and upload your own, as you rise. 3 Base Editor
you do this one of two ways the idea i like is have one of each base style, PvP HD and War available at say HQ 4 or 5 then At 7 unlock one more of each, then yet again at Hq10 the last one for each becomes available. this will enable each player to store a total of six layouts by the time they reach Hq10, which can be edited again at anytime.
What Doesn't Kill You - Just Makes You Stranger
Squad STARBENDER - Recruiting Now, Loyal and Active, English Speaking - HQ9 15k Medals
Squad Wars All the Time... :mrgreen:

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”