Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:41 am

Just a list of some things I've noticed that could easily be addressed -:

1) Deployment interface.
I don't know what happens on other larger platforms, but on my small iPhone if you have more than a certain amount of troops, dekas and heroes available during an attack, they will extend beyond the game window, and require scrolling to access – especially air support and reinforcements, which are always last on this list. This can sometimes be buggy and/or slow to respond in combat, especially if you get panicked.

I suggest that, once a hero has been deployed, the OTHER two available hero icons simply disappear – rather than 'graying out' – and the other remaining troops simply move along to fill the space. This could of course apply to all the other troop icons as well, but it seems particularly bizarre that the unselected Heroes, who then become unusable, continue to linger on the screen taking up valuable real estate.

2) HQ Inventory.
Let's be honest - this is long overdue for a cleanup and reorganisation into something more fit for purpose.

Supply Crate tab: Okay, this is generally fine. But of course it is, it gives access to spending options…

Currency tab: This is now almost never used except for Dev peace offerings. Personally, I think it should house your most recent Alloy or Credit reward for a War once you've opened it until you're ready to actually USE it. You and your Squad did fight for it after all…

Troops tab: Okay - hands up everyone who's tried to scroll along to the actual droid they were looking for (heh) and accidentally added an incorrect troop to their reserves? Surely a proper scroll bar would be the answer. And/or there's unit sorting options already in the barracks/factories, surely one could be implemented in here too, where it would be more useful…? (Oh, and TIE fighter should have a capital 'F' for consistency, and 'Sentinal' should have two 'e's instead – but that's just me.)

Buildings tab: What was this EVER for? No, seriously, WHAT?

3) Armory load-outs
One of the perils of the planet hopper (i.e. me) is being dumb enough to forget to activate their preferred Armory loadouts. Surely it wouldn't take much to set up a few player-definable default load-outs that could be selected quickly from the Armory?

4) Vader's health-bar bug.
Just an in-game issue but sometimes I have no idea how badly hurt Vader is, as his health bar sometimes just decides randomly not to appear. Knowing this can be vital in knowing when to trigger his lightsaber sweep - Tatooine can be tough enough as it is. Also, the 'double flash' to indicate that the sweep is ready again? It simply adds to the confusion. Just flash once - it's either ready, or it isn't. (I don't know if either of these issues apply to Luke, BTW).

5) Infonet 'transmissions'
Finally, just as a clean up… "The Conflict on Dandoran has ended. You earned the Bronzium Division II rank!" Yeah, a year ago...! I think you can just go ahead and delete this tab now, Devs.

-----

This was more a kind of quiet rant to be honest, but I'd be interested to know what others think. Ta for your time.


User avatar
FinrodFelagund
Major General
Posts: 328

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:08 am

Perhaps we’ll see the currency tab used if/when the new reward system comes out. Back in the old times with the event store the currency tab was the only one used since we could select resource packs and use Event Points on them.
Perhaps they actually have a plan for the building tab, it is still there unlike the protection tab (which they probably just retitled and moved its position to make the crate tab) here’s to hoping.
Image
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings


User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:Perhaps we’ll see the currency tab used if/when the new reward system comes out. Back in the old times with the event store the currency tab was the only one used since we could select resource packs and use Event Points on them.
Perhaps they actually have a plan for the building tab, it is still there unlike the protection tab (which they probably just retitled and moved its position to make the crate tab) here’s to hoping.


Yes, I did kind of think that the currency tab would be more of a legacy issue than the other items. I joined post event store. In the time since Squad Wars started though, I think it could easily have been used as I suggested (My maxed squad mates have recently reported receiving ridiculously high reward totals - 8 million - that you can't even store anyway. Assuming they're not telling massive lies of course…)

The building tab though has been in place since I started nearly two years ago, and not knowing what its for/was for has always bugged me...


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 3164

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 am

FinrodFelagund wrote:I joined post event store. In the time since Squad Wars started though, I think it could easily have been used as I suggested (My maxed squad mates have recently reported receiving ridiculously high reward totals - 8 million - that you can't even store anyway. Assuming they're not telling massive lies of course…)

The building tab though has been in place since I started nearly two years ago, and not knowing what its for/was for has always bugged me...

FinrodFelagund - as one whom has played since the beginning in late 2014 I have seen the evolution of the HQ.

In the Beginning there were 4 Tabs - Currency - Inventory - Protection - Building in that order.

When Supply Crates were introduced the "Protection" Tab was changed to "Supply Crates" Tab and move to the first position leading to current line up of Supply Crates - Currency - Inventory - Building.

The Building Tab has NEVER been used and is a place holder for future expansion - maybe :roll:

The Currency Tab is now "rarely" used when Disney messes things up and decides to reward Crystals.

NOW AS FOR SQUAD WAR REWARDS... You are not being lied to... as a Maxed HQ 10 Player whom also has all Classic Event Units (like Johhar Kessen) Maxed at Level 10 I have seen the following:

  • Image 6,000,000 Credits (1st Award)
  • 10 x Reputation
  • Image 6,000,000 Credits (in lieu of Classic Event Unit Frags)
So thats Image 12,000,000 Credits :o :shock:

You got to love Disney's Math Department! :lol:
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#5 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 am

Ah, the 'Classic Event Units' issue explains that nicely. Cheers for all that, DeathStriker. Yeah, wouldn't have been too much of a stretch to have equal Credits and Alloy instead, would it…


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 3164

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#6 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:29 am

DarthHunter wrote:Ah, the 'Classic Event Units' issue explains that nicely. Cheers for all that, DeathStriker. Yeah, wouldn't have been too much of a stretch to have equal Credits and Alloy instead, would it…

DarthHunter - Yes... the above example was during a Summer of Squad Wars Double Reward Squad War Event...

Now the standard for Classic Event Units (if you have them all Maxed) is Image 3,000,000 Credits.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
FinrodFelagund
Major General
Posts: 328

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#7 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 am

In same boat, thanks to the old Event store (I’ve been playing since 2014 as well) my Classic units are maxed, I don’t want 9 million credits, I want frags, or the ability to store my excess funds for times like now when I have no desire to PvP. We shall see.
Image
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings


User avatar
Fatboy
Captain
Posts: 64

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#8 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Wasn't the building tab used when they first brought in the scout tower?
Officer in DoNatingBasterdz


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 3164

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#9 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Fatboy wrote:Wasn't the building tab used when they first brought in the scout tower?

Fatboy - No... since SWC was build upon a Clash-of-Clans base code some "elements" like the Building Tab are hold overs from that initial start although much has since been changed or removed.
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
Euph
Major General
Posts: 477

Re: Simple improvements that would take almost no effort for the Devs.

Post#10 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

DarthHunter wrote:1) Deployment interface.
I don't know what happens on other larger platforms, but on my small iPhone if you have more than a certain amount of troops, dekas and heroes available during an attack, they will extend beyond the game window, and require scrolling to access – especially air support and reinforcements, which are always last on this list. This can sometimes be buggy and/or slow to respond in combat, especially if you get panicked.

I suggest that, once a hero has been deployed, the OTHER two available hero icons simply disappear – rather than 'graying out' – and the other remaining troops simply move along to fill the space. This could of course apply to all the other troop icons as well, but it seems particularly bizarre that the unselected Heroes, who then become unusable, continue to linger on the screen taking up valuable real estate.


Yes please.

I, amongst many others, suggested this exact thing numerous times back on the old official forum. I seem to recall some kind of afterthought response happening at one point much later (I can't remember whether it was a forum post or dev blog), where they said their UI designers had considered this and thought it would make things more confusing because of units "moving" on the list.

I've stopped bothering asking for it, but it's still on my wish list of improvements.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
Could not find an opponent.


Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests