The Business Case For a Balanced Game + Suggestions

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Re: The Business Case For a Balanced Game + Suggestions

Post#11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:38 am

YourFather wrote:Agreed on many points, especially frag fatigue. Where I disagree, I think the only way to have a truly balanced game where nobody is ever butt-hurt about the other side's toys is to just make both sides the same. Give all the units the same stats (mhcs=hails, atat=juggernaut, etc) same units, same skins, same GR etc. I would have resisted that notion in the past but all this bickering is tiresome.

Give everyone the same thing.

I think that would be preferable to significant imbalances for one side or another.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

FelixKostobi
Captain

Post#12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:
YourFather wrote:Agreed on many points, especially frag fatigue. Where I disagree, I think the only way to have a truly balanced game where nobody is ever butt-hurt about the other side's toys is to just make both sides the same. Give all the units the same stats (mhcs=hails, atat=juggernaut, etc) same units, same skins, same GR etc. I would have resisted that notion in the past but all this bickering is tiresome.

I think that would be preferable to significant imbalances for one side or another.

agree. After all we are rebels because we hate the empire :) not for the type of units.
HQ10 Rebel only, 38k medals, founder of Rebel4Ever

If you want to play squad wars seriously, feel free to join us!

LINE ID : fcostov

TNT
Commodore

Post#13 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:20 am

You're a good Man Kenobi and that is an excellent post that I forgot to comment on.

I wonder how things would've played out had all normal units been allowed to be buffed at the same time.
I always feel like the original buff introduction being just heavies and troopers greatly favored the Rebels with their healing.
In addition, a larger starting pool would mean that unlocking things would've taken longer and thus makes getting an unlock a great occasion where you suddenly have a unit worth trying out some more. Imagine suddenly unlocking the hoverboat buff as your first unit buff. You can bet your ass you'd try to fit that into your strategy even if the base unit is terrible.

There are a lot of small things wrong with how the armory has been handled and their reluctance to go back and fix them is causing things to snowball.
I feel like even the introduction celebrations where they hand out frags like candy are a mistake. Because if you missed (or are going to miss) the guard reserve (as an example) event, guess how long it's going to take to unlock it? How many crates do you need to open?

As a dual faction player I will maintain the opinion that the balance pre armory was pretty good.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Don't bother, maybe go pick some flowers outside instead? Bake a cake? Play a different game?

FingerStinger
Captain

Post#14 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 am

The thing is that Disney is chasing money. This imbalance drives Rebels to spend money to try to get a foothold. As a L10 Rebel base, I don’t see the point in continuing to play. Unless I grind away for 15+ hours there’s no way that I will be able to keep Contraband to upgrade my Droidekas any further than they are now because I cannot get through L9 base defenses. My suggestion for Rebels is to force Disney to delete your base by using your walls to voice a message. At the very least locate to a world not in conflict.
Without Rebel bases the game will be dead. There is no change coming. Many of us have received the same canned response from “Charis” at Disney support.
A nice “EFF OFF DISNEY” with walls should suffice. You can then report your own base and if there is enough support from other Rebels, they will be forced to do something or have to kill the game. They have recovered bases before or offered tons of crystals. They will come around and offer that again.

JDD
Major General

Post#15 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 am

I'm still slugging it out. Not grinding but going after HDs & daily objectives. Mickey Rodent has the rights tae SW franchise so they think they've the rights tae screw SW up. I wonder where did they get so much $$$$$ when Pixar kicked their a$$.....yeah they went on tae buy Pixar(????) Funny thing Corporate America.

TNT
Commodore

Post#16 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:36 am

Speaking of Business cases, who is their current target audience? I've been wondering about that a lot.

Like the current Hero up for grabs is useless for higher level play (probably starting at lvl6 when the armory unlocks). However it might be good when you just start out. You can deploy an extra 2 units in combat and it's fast.

On the other hand, the Naval assault was obviously aimed for everyone starting from lvl6. Only 1 unit didn't need the armory and it was a looter. I suppose it could be good?

Who are they trying to serve? It doesn't feel like they're thinking of a particular audience of whales.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Don't bother, maybe go pick some flowers outside instead? Bake a cake? Play a different game?

Burrito
Commodore

Post#17 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:16 pm

I find the star fighter pilot really useful on rebel and empire factions along with the sniper skin. That's just free random star ship strikes that are going to most likely be doing more damage (although random it can backfire and blow up already dead stuff) than any 10 other loadout, and if the base is set up right and you attack right you can make sure they are fairly far away from turrets for the duration. If not if you can keep them away from guns for 1 min, that's still more damage than any other unit is capable of. 90% of the time, every time, I think they are doing better than another unit I could have chosen!

Doesn't fit the current narrative of build jets/jumps, dump in a big pile, and expect to win.

But yes these rewards are more catered to lower level, as they should be as we need more meat for the grinder. People are going to get butthurt and ragequit every time they don't get their way so need some incentive to get people to the upper levels. They need to come out with units for HD that makes that crap less nail biting and easier to farm.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”