Pay to Play

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Montross47
Storm Trooper

Pay to Play

Post#1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 am

What if Disney rolled the game back to where it was a year or so ago without all the frags and junk adds, and instead of milking the crystal market, funded the game by charging a nominal subscription fee to all players of a two dollars or so a month. I would go for it.

Tomato
Commodore

Re: Pay to Play

Post#2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

^
I think they did the math where they still won't make as much money.

I think Disney needs to look at ways of wanting us to pay for gems. Customizations, squad war replays, base swaps etc.. They need to step away from this idea that people want to gem to win.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

Swad
Major General

Post#3 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 pm

I started the game as a free to play game. If there was any kind of regular payment required or parts of the game that require payment in order to use, I would not play.
I accept that income from those who do buys loads of crystals actually pays for the game. However I would estimate that it is a small minority of players who buy crystals. Would those cash players still play if the rest of us stopped playing? The answer is No.
This is the business models for this kind of game. Ie. Hundreds of thousands of players who turn up, often just for the first few days and act as targets for those who buy upgrades.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Plagueis
Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Make every unit available and upgradeable using resources through the research center like all basic units and I would go for it. Content that can only be unlocked through hours of grinding away in non stop conflicts or buying tons of crystals isn't exactly making this content available to the average casual player which I think makes up a much larger player demographic than people here would think. Personally, I get bored at the thought of wasting a day playing SWC. I, like many others, are in no hurry to max everything at the expense of missing out on R/L. If I was wrong, everyone would have maxed kessen, IA, TX tanks, Guard Reserve and Lord Vader by now.

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Plagueis wrote:Make every unit available and upgradeable using resources through the research center like all basic units and I would go for it. Content that can only be unlocked through hours of grinding away in non stop conflicts or buying tons of crystals isn't exactly making this content available to the average casual player which I think makes up a much larger player demographic than people here would think. Personally, I get bored at the thought of wasting a day playing SWC. I, like many others, are in no hurry to max everything at the expense of missing out on R/L. If I was wrong, everyone would have maxed kessen, IA, TX tanks, Guard Reserve and Lord Vader by now.

It has been like that since the very beginning. Hours and hours you had to grind to get to top 2% just to unlock the shock trooper (or his rebel counterpart). The only unit available, on Tatooine. With Dando came the Tie-adv. etc.
So you had to visit each planet to grind for 6 days with no end. The other 'possible' event could be a credit bonus like 250k, at a time even just for top 0.1% (!!!) Madness!

But those units where hard won, had a special ability making them valuable & giving you an extra edge, but not over powered or the type of unit you can fill up your army with.

and like somebody else here recently mentioned, al due respect for those that did it and still do. (& with the same advice to get out more ;) )

This system with crates & frags giving absurd bonusses to some units, which you can simply buy, did however change the "Play like a madman to win" into "Pay like ..." - and contrary to what players wish, its the later why Disney even creates and has these games.

How much i dislike the armoury (not at first, but i did my math now...) i do have to admit knowing and understanding that it will not be a lack of players that will kill this game (& any other) but a lack of payers.

So just keep grinding knowing that in the end, those who have the money to spend on upgrading a base and all equipment to their max levels, are besides mad, not in great numbers.

edit:
and they pay, in a way, for you & me to play this game. Free.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Tomato wrote:^
I think they did the math where they still won't make as much money.

I think Disney needs to look at ways of wanting us to pay for gems. Customizations, squad war replays, base swaps etc.. They need to step away from this idea that people want to gem to win.

I had a guy in my squad who upgraded his entire base & units from level 9 to 10 in 1 day (!)
(I tried doing the math ... but somewhere half way i already gave up in awe)

You have no idea what (some) people are willing to gem. Especially to win.
Those are the people they seak & target. Not the vast group of 'freeloaders' who just soak up bandwidth and serverspace. (mind you: I'm a happy freeloader ;) )

Pleasing everybody is not their business. Getting the highest revenue is.

Not that i disagree with you, i don't.
But some guy behind a desk probably calculated it would be more profitable to have this system with gems to 'buy time' & crates you can earn the hard way or buy in bulk to get unit buffs with skins, as just selling the skins as a customization item (with no or little buff).

I'm afraid he's probably right.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 49 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

Boog
Major General

Post#7 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 pm

There was a dude in my windows squad who said he budgeted $200/month on xtals; I think he went over that budget a lot, lol. He xtal'd all attacks, including full air, deka repairs, and mercs (whatever he wanted to use). He'd xtal a deka, turret, or shield upgrade. The good thing was that he was lightning quick on donations, and donated more than he received. The bad thing was that if you requested a few times, you'd be on the hook for a while, and he might put out complicated requests every 5-10 minutes. I'd go radio silent sometimes when he was on, lol. He was a good guy, though, and a great squad mate.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”