squad wars

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Re: squad wars

Post#11 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:16 am

mkenobi wrote:Ties are always a possibility when we have Takodana and both squads have experienced players and similar level bases. Or they change this and start to give the winner crate for both sides, or the first squad to reach 45 is the winner. It doesn't matter if your squad reaches 45 in 30min or 23h. Reach 45, and war finishes.

As was pointed out by various persons on various threads, the first to reach 45 wins is not a good idea to say the least.
Squads who have enough players on at the start (and preferably are in about the same timezone) will win 99% of the wars.
E.g. my squad's second last war, started for me at 3AM so I was asleep. They reached 45 within half an hour I was told. Eventually by using quick attacks taking Tako and Tat and launching 2-3 attacks each time -they had far superior firepower and retook OPs within minutes if they were slow- we came back to a 45-45 draw in the last hour. It was one of our best wars in a long time. That would be entirely impossible with the reach-45-first rule.
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

Swad
Major General

Post#12 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:09 am

Not sure I hsve been in a draw since last year, either in my current squad or previous ones. I know some players on here suggest they have many draws, but they seem to be rare for most squads, so are they really an issue?
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

RCM
Commodore

Post#13 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Rebels have the advantage in matchmaking, all things being equal, as there are 35% more Empire squads than Rebel. Squads with low-variance in base-strength, like majority 8hq (1800 base strength) are generally going to be 0.500 teams unless they have stand-out players. You will lack the ability to three bases over 2300.

A few max bases, half (6-8) the squad as zombies (level 3-5s, don't login, don't req for Sullust, just fill), the rest aggressive mid-level players. We use this lineup and have won more frags than any other team. May have won the most loot as well, but I would think that Starbender squad has probably won more loot in notional terms due to max bases generally receiving more loot and having more capacity.

The problem with a "barbell" strategy (two max bases, good mids, half zombies) is that you have a small margin of error on outposts.

Hilarious that sandbagger skeleton0crew is tops on KSOD. Great site for scouting purposes, but the team rankings are worthless. The #1 team with a 5K rep lol.
Last edited by RCM on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Empire squad: WAR247 227/4/8 W/L/D

mkenobi
Major General

Post#14 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Swad wrote:Not sure I hsve been in a draw since last year, either in my current squad or previous ones. I know some players on here suggest they have many draws, but they seem to be rare for most squads, so are they really an issue?

Draws are worse than a defeat in terms of rewards. I can speak for myself, I already been in many ties, most of them when Takodana and another green planet or Tatooine are available. My reward for our last draw was a miserable 50k credits and 4x unit frags.

Usually, when my squad is defeated, the salvage crate is more generous, offering me about 100-200k alloy or credits. I realy don't understand why such miserably reward for what Devs call "Draw". If both squads did a good job and finished tied, both are winners, so both squads deserve the winner crate.

Either they change that or they start to give victory to the first squad to reach 45, and stop the other squad of try to reach 45 as well and both die hugged with another reward miserably.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

RCM
Commodore

Post#15 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:29 pm

DarthBratzzznew wrote:
mkenobi wrote:Ties are always a possibility when we have Takodana and both squads have experienced players and similar level bases. Or they change this and start to give the winner crate for both sides, or the first squad to reach 45 is the winner. It doesn't matter if your squad reaches 45 in 30min or 23h. Reach 45, and war finishes.

As was pointed out by various persons on various threads, the first to reach 45 wins is not a good idea to say the least.
Squads who have enough players on at the start (and preferably are in about the same timezone) will win 99% of the wars.
E.g. my squad's second last war, started for me at 3AM so I was asleep. They reached 45 within half an hour I was told. Eventually by using quick attacks taking Tako and Tat and launching 2-3 attacks each time -they had far superior firepower and retook OPs within minutes if they were slow- we came back to a 45-45 draw in the last hour. It was one of our best wars in a long time. That would be entirely impossible with the reach-45-first rule.

There is always someone sleeping on our squad, sure. We are matched within a minute or so, we discuss the optimal start time, and we coordinate. We don't allow players to grab outposts w/o coordination unless we're at 45 already, and then it should make sense, defensively.

About 10% of our matches are against EU squads that obv waited a long time while matchmaking and are asleep when war starts. Obv it's strategic. Invariably some player on the opposing team will get the outpost notification and grab one back, with no intent on coordinating an attack. That never ends well for them.

We have delayed attacks to the following day a few times bc players were busy, etc. Worst case is seeing three level six outposts on your opponents side. We're never grabbing more than two factories anyway. Coordination matters far more than an opening blitzkrieg.
Empire squad: WAR247 227/4/8 W/L/D

Swad
Major General

Post#16 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 am

mkenobi wrote:
Swad wrote:Not sure I hsve been in a draw since last year, either in my current squad or previous ones. I know some players on here suggest they have many draws, but they seem to be rare for most squads, so are they really an issue?

Draws are worse than a defeat in terms of rewards. I can speak for myself, I already been in many ties, most of them when Takodana and another green planet or Tatooine are available. My reward for our last draw was a miserable 50k credits and 4x unit frags.

Usually, when my squad is defeated, the salvage crate is more generous, offering me about 100-200k alloy or credits. I realy don't understand why such miserably reward for what Devs call "Draw". If both squads did a good job and finished tied, both are winners, so both squads deserve the winner crate.

Either they change that or they start to give victory to the first squad to reach 45, and stop the other squad of try to reach 45 as well and both die hugged with another reward miserably.

Those are fair comments about the rewards for a draw. In sport, for instance, a draw classes both as winners. It should be the same here too.

Player name Ghost

Rogue12
Commodore

Post#17 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 am

Improved draw rewards would help. I dont like surrender or first to 45.
What i think is needed id the ability for the leaders to agree to no outpost early in prep. I think that would be an improvement and test the squads more than the current system.

If your are out matched at least try. Can ussually get the draw with our current squad by organizing attack waves when we can capture the critical outpost. But it does require the group to use some chat outside of the game.

mkenobi
Major General

Post#18 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Swad wrote:
mkenobi wrote:

Those are fair comments about the rewards for a draw. In sport, for instance, a draw classes both as winners. It should be the same here too.

I got only 500k alloy today for my winner crate, and my storage is for 2 100 000. The reputation points are useless because my current squad is max level 50, so I dropped all points I had in a friend's squad and went back to my squad. And no more 32 frags for the elite units, only 16 frags again.

If they do not start to give a better reward not only for Draws, but for the Winners, I don't see a good point to keep playing wars. You should be able to use points for other things, such as buying some protection, speeding up upgrades, or trading for resources.

But while Squad Wars are free of costs, i don't think Devs are worried about this. And they only keep the Wars running because they know wars are what keep most of players active and playing the game.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Swad
Major General

Post#19 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 am

Good points again mkenobi.
The devs need to ensure the game meets all our needs.

Player name Ghost

XianLewis
Commodore

Post#20 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:58 pm

We've had over 100 wars. In that time we have had one (1) matchup with a squad that had BScores within 10% of ours, + or -.

1 time. And that was sooooo long ago. Now that we've broken the top 350 I fear we may never have the chance to win a war again. Tying the war is our only hope, and then we don't gain any Skill Points!!!

We have one level 10, 5 level 9s, and the rest level 8s. Do we have to face 10-12 level 10s every single war??? I have put in several level 4s and 5s to try to sandbag us, and again we were matched with a squad of 9 level 10s!!!

HELP!
Xianlewis
Officer of EternalForce
To join our squad or for more information visit http://tiny.cc/eternalforce or join groupchat http://tiny.cc/efchat

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”