squad wars

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
warhawk

squad wars

Post#1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:29 am

Ok I know your probably tired of hearing the matching system for the wars is unfair. I have been told that u put lower level squads against higher because they were waiting to long for a match. Ok well then at least make it worth it for a loss. We devote our time and resources into these wars just to lose. Give us 1 to 2 mil in alloy or credits for a loss then at least that way our level 8s and 9s have something to work with. Then that way you'll have lower lvl squads able to compete with what u put us up against.

Swad
Major General

Re: squad wars

Post#2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:39 am

Yes that sounds like a good idea warhawk. We have had some awful matchups and little reward which makes it pointless wasting resources in attack. We have occasionally been on the bigger side which is equally silly when we win.
Perhaps there should also be a "surrender" button that a losing squad could hit early on to end a farcical matchup. It could award 45 to the winning squad, they probably have 45 anyway.
The best wars are those where the sides are equally matched and the outcome is unclear until the very end. Tbey are pure fun .
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Fatboy
Captain

Post#3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Good idea on surrender button. May use that a lot :-)
Officer in DoNatingBasterdz

mkenobi
Major General

Post#4 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Fatboy wrote:Good idea on surrender button. May use that a lot :-)

Yes. I play as Empire and Rebel. I know how hard is the Rebel life in SWs. That's why a surrender button is a great idea. But it should be available only for the squad leader. Every time a big f***ng Imperial Squad makes 45 against a poor Rebel Squad in less than 30min, the Rebel leader can say "okay, let's finish this crap now" and just click on that button and "The Squad War has Ended - Your Squad was defeated" appears in the screen. No more long waits for nothing, and we can start another war, remove members and anyone can get out of the squad immediately.

The only 2 things to keep me playing Wars are the option of play the game in the old way without the Armory interference (except by the OPs) and the "Summer of Squad Wars" reward with frags for Classic Elite Units. The reward resources most of time are Credits, and they are useless at some point of upgrading a base when all you need is alloy for turrets. Most of the time the resources don't pay the costs or the effort in war attacks. And if the max storage capacity reward is something very hard to get now, when the time for those frags end, I don't blame players of giving up of playing squad wars, specially if they are Rebels matched and losing to big Imperial Squads all the time.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Swad
Major General

Post#5 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 am

Good points mkenobi
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#6 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm

I like the surrender button, but I feel like there should be a consequence for using it. Otherwise people will skip till they get a cupcake and we are back at square one, but now that squad is surrendering.

Maybe it costs something loot-wise like he skip button. Or the leader/officer who uses it is out of wars for 48 hours.

As much as I hate getting over matched a "surrender/skip" button may just increase the volum of mismtches.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

LosVega
Major General

Post#7 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:33 pm

Perhaps a surrender button that works only if both parties select within a certain time frame. Most likely in a mis-match the winning side hits 45 in that 1st hour or less. Maybe the most likely solution is a skip button for Squad wars only after selection completes with a time limit of 2-5 minutes with a one skip per day limit too. That would limit any abuse as well as not totally disrupt the current state of the squad war selection matchmaking process.
BATTALION FAMILY
WOLF, DRAGON, REDBAK, FALCON, GATOR
Duza's Elite - Empire
Looking for a great squad? Come by for a visit, make new friends and maul
some ass

RvaPeacemaker
Storm Trooper

Post#8 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:33 am

I think it would be good to be able to cancel the war in the preparation phase if leaders of both squads agree. But once the war starts, you should stick in there. They could also have the rewards go up or down based on difficulty of the matchup. Stomping cupcakes in a mismatch would get a squad less loot. And vice versa.

DarthBratzzznew
Major General

Post#9 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am

I like the idea of varying rewards: there is a big difference between meekly being led to slaughter and going down all guns blazing say 45-35 or so. I'd say every 5 points bracket should add to your reward, both for the winning and losing side. So in case of a 45-0, zero reward for the loser. 45-44 a substantial reward for the loser as well.
Surrender button seems like a good idea too.
Leading Officer of SITH_1ST_RECON <Perks L50>, :D "Bunch of nerdy adults who like to drink beer and kill rebels" :D
Great worldwide English speaking squad, relaxed attitude, strong donations, good war discipline 8-)

mkenobi
Major General

Post#10 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 am

I got only 16 frags for Vanguard in my war crate yesterday, so no more instantaneous unlock or upgrade. As I am in a max level 50 squad, points are useless now, the reward is credit most of the time and it useless when you need is alloy, and rarely is the max of your storage capacity - sometimes 500k only.

Squad Wars are still funny when you can use the good old strategy and use the OPs to increase your attack/defenses, but without a good reward, i don't see any point to keep playing wars from now on.

Another point is the Reward for a tie. Recently my squad had a 45:45, after leading the war until the last hour when enemy took Takodana, Yavin and Dandoran and did some attacks at the same time, reaching 45. The reward for the draw was a crap of 50k credits and a few frags. Both side lost.

Ties are always a possibility when we have Takodana and both squads have experienced players and similar level bases. Or they change this and start to give the winner crate for both sides, or the first squad to reach 45 is the winner. It doesn't matter if your squad reaches 45 in 30min or 23h. Reach 45, and war finishes.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”