Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
User avatar
commander
Site Admin
Posts: 79

Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

First, things I enjoy spending time on in the game (these are just some):
- battles/war
- layouts (mine and scoping out others)
- building/donating/upgrades (even waiting years for it to finish)
- looking at rankings
- star wars universe

Below are 2 things I dread spending time on in the game
- typing the same phrase every time I request troops. Sometimes I make a mistake and takes even longer to fix the typo. I'm sure some people here do this several times a day or an hour. How many more bases could you have scouted in that time? I wish the game would default the text to my last request or let me create a preset to choose from.
- Changing my my equipments in the Armory before and after every battle. It's the same mindless routine, every time, multiple times a day. Sometimes I forget I had already switch to attack set and change it to defense setup just to realize during the battle, my ATAT jet black and troopers are snow white. Again, presets would be great help here.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 6309

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:27 pm

commander wrote:First, things I enjoy spending time on in the game (these are just some):
- battles/war
- layouts (mine and scoping out others)
- building/donating/upgrades (even waiting years for it to finish)
- looking at rankings
- star wars universe

Below are 2 things I dread spending time on in the game
- typing the same phrase every time I request troops. Sometimes I make a mistake and takes even longer to fix the typo. I'm sure some people here do this several times a day or an hour. How many more bases could you have scouted in that time? I wish the game would default the text to my last request or let me create a preset to choose from.
- Changing my my equipments in the Armory before and after every battle. It's the same mindless routine, every time, multiple times a day. Sometimes I forget I had already switch to attack set and change it to defense setup just to realize during the battle, my ATAT jet black and troopers are snow white. Again, presets would be great help here.

Commander - Thanks for Posting! :D

FOR YOUR TWO THINGS...

1. If you have some "common" SC Requests I find that using a simple Text Documents (Notepad / TextEdit) and placing there your common request - then all you need to do is simply Copy-and-Paste the Requests... You can even include "formatting" (like color) if desired...

2. You should only have to change your Armory your during Game Play when you switch Planets... other than that you will have your Offensive Armory Line up (during PvP Play) and Defensive Armory Line up (when you sign off game)...
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


Boog
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1615

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#3 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:19 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
2. You should only have to change your Armory your during Game Play when you switch Planets... other than that you will have your Offensive Armory Line up (during PvP Play) and Defensive Armory Line up (when you sign off game)...


The key word there is "should". I also switch back to defense between attacks. The game crashes too often, and I've experienced too many random updates or server maintenances that lock me out of the game to not put my defense on while I'm idling between attacks.


User avatar
TheCleaner
Commodore
Posts: 193

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#4 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:47 pm

You can also set up a keyboard shortcut for requests on your device in keyboard settings. I did that for some color codes, I type swcr and [ff0000] pops up
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Rebel, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 16, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.


User avatar
Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1382

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#5 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 pm

commander wrote:First, things I enjoy spending time on in the game (these are just some):
- battles/war
- layouts (mine and scoping out others)
- building/donating/upgrades (even waiting years for it to finish)
- looking at rankings
- star wars universe

Below are 2 things I dread spending time on in the game
- typing the same phrase every time I request troops. Sometimes I make a mistake and takes even longer to fix the typo. I'm sure some people here do this several times a day or an hour. How many more bases could you have scouted in that time? I wish the game would default the text to my last request or let me create a preset to choose from.
- Changing my my equipments in the Armory before and after every battle. It's the same mindless routine, every time, multiple times a day. Sometimes I forget I had already switch to attack set and change it to defense setup just to realize during the battle, my ATAT jet black and troopers are snow white. Again, presets would be great help here.

What is your in-game name? Squad?
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Image


User avatar
Kylo
Commodore
Posts: 128

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#6 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:00 pm

I hate the Armory interface. I go without some available offensive buffs just so I can leave some of the defensive ones on most of the time.


User avatar
commander
Site Admin
Posts: 79

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:20 pm

TheCleaner wrote:You can also set up a keyboard shortcut for requests on your device in keyboard settings. I did that for some color codes, I type swcr and [ff0000] pops up


This is a great suggestion! On the one hand, when the only OS level shortcut I have is for a video game, it makes me question whether I should see a shrink about game/life balance. On another hand, I feel so liberated for never having to type that same squad request again after typing it probably 1000 times in the past 2 years.

Thanks!


User avatar
TheCleaner
Commodore
Posts: 193

Re: Things that I dread spending in-game time on...

Post#8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Lol
Active accounts iOS
Start 4/17-Knick Knack, Rebel, Mini Base, HQ10, Rank 16, Officer -corpsegrinder-, a home for minis.


Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest