Remove the reserve perks!

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
Blade
Cadet Trooper

Remove the reserve perks!

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 pm

The latest reserve perks which generate solders and anti-vehicle troops from the barracks and factories is a horrible addition to this game. With these perks enabled the ability for a player to have a well designed and thought out base for defense is no longer necessary. At higher levels these troops come in such great number that the advancing army spends its time "swatting flies" that no advancement can be made. The result of this is another negative side effect, the ability to plan ones attack by analyzing the base layout no longer really matters, even the best planned attack is often ineffective, and if it is effective comes at a great cost- loss of air support ships which take a long time to rebuild thus reducing game playtime. This perk either needs to be removed or greatly adjusted so as to make gameplay "reasonable."

Tinman

Re: Remove the reserve perks!

Post#2 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:17 am

I agree 100%. The Guard Reserves have made attacking anyone with guard reserves active useless. And makes anyone who attacks me lose. Can't win when attacking. Can't lose when being attacked. Where's the fun in that?

Defenders
Commodore

Post#3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:20 am

Fat Chance they probably made so much money out of this new update.
ActiveDonatorYMW PERK:MAX
HQ9 Faction:Rebel HQ10 Faction:IMP
Windows Survivor

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:18 am

Blade wrote:The latest reserve perks which generate solders and anti-vehicle troops from the barracks and factories is a horrible addition to this game. With these perks enabled the ability for a player to have a well designed and thought out base for defense is no longer necessary. At higher levels these troops come in such great number that the advancing army spends its time "swatting flies" that no advancement can be made. The result of this is another negative side effect, the ability to plan ones attack by analyzing the base layout no longer really matters, even the best planned attack is often ineffective, and if it is effective comes at a great cost- loss of air support ships which take a long time to rebuild thus reducing game playtime. This perk either needs to be removed or greatly adjusted so as to make gameplay "reasonable."

+1

The GR buff is good only for all those just like to sit and watching replays of their defenses, earning the double of medals if they were attacking without any effort... Where is the fun in this???

As I'm being forced by game to attack players 2 levels above my level now, I am facing some Rebel bases with Guard Reserve with 3 equipments active. With luck I can get 1 star if I'm on Tako using my ATACT and lots of shoretroopers to distract their troops. I always skip bases with only 1 kind of turret or any other item glowing, or when i see barracks/factories inside shields or behind walls, or surrounding the base in defensive formation.

This is ruining the game. Soon everyone with this crap unlocked will have more won defenses than won attacks...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Bombardo
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:34 am

I agree 100%, guard reserves and some of the previous updates (like increasing mortar damage) have drastically reduced activity of Rebel players, no one bothers to attack anymore coz u just can't beat bases with sniper-meds spawning out of the barracks, and Mhc's usually walk in the line of or on the walls so u can't take them out as well using Air.

It's just not worth it to attack every time with ur SC and Air and get 1 or 2 medals as a result. There has to be a counter to any defensive equipment updates and no ... the buffed Jets won't help if the buffed heavys can't survive snipers while being healed by Meds.

Tomato
Commodore

Post#6 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 am

I sat on Tat the whole night and get attacked only once. I'll be interested in seeing the hours played stats pre / post this update.
iOS / Android - Tomato: Officer SamuraiHunters
Windows - Tomato: Leader Order-33 (Part of the Order family) Thanks Disney :(

MobiusPrime
Commander

Post#7 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:57 am

Once all the troops are finished getting boost skins, the reserve defenses wont be enough. The real issue in my opinion is the constant flow of fragment based unlock troops and defense perks. long time players are fatigued from the constant conflict and crate chasing, and more casual players are discouraged from pvp due to not having all these unlocks.
SithLegionXII Empire, Competitive, Active, Adult, Drama Free Squad.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 am

I was attacked 3 times in a row last night, and i never was attacked 3 times in a row with my Empire base before. But I won the 3. Since I unlocked the GR (I use the Snipers/Medics + Bikers combo) I only had 1 loss and 13 won defenses. And now I can win any Heroic Defense without use heroes, Deka, starships or SC troops. What is a good thing. I think the only good thing in this equip.

Another good thing that GR ruined was the "cheap protection"... You could try the defense to be defeated by 1 star only and get the protection for some hours losing less resources as possible. If you can't lose defenses anymore, and keep winning defense after defense, this means you will keep losing resources... Unless you put your HQ out of the base with a sign "hit here first".
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:01 am

Defenders wrote:Fat Chance they probably made so much money out of this new update.

Ding ding ding ding ding

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:05 am

mkenobi wrote:I was attacked 3 times in a row last night, and i never was attacked 3 times in a row with my Empire base before. But I won the 3. Since I unlocked the GR (I use the Snipers/Medics + Bikers combo) I only had 1 loss and 13 won defenses. And now I can win any Heroic Defense without use heroes, Deka, starships or SC troops. What is a good thing. I think the only good thing in this equip.

Another good thing that GR ruined was the "cheap protection"... You could try the defense to be defeated by 1 star only and get the protection for some hours losing less resources as possible. If you can't lose defenses anymore, and keep winning defense after defense, this means you will keep losing resources... Unless you put your HQ out of the base with a sign "hit here first".

Put your HQ and SC out from under your shields. Replace them with your barracks and factories. People will assume you have really high level GR and will avoid your base like the plague. I switched my stuff up a bit and now I rarely get attacked. It's not ideal during conflicts but great in between.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”