Guard Reserves

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Re: Guard Reserves

Post#21 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:29 pm

BeammeupScot wrote:I feel sorry for the lower level guys and casual players , i visit and keep in touch with a lots of players and on the rebel side most of the players are struggling and don't really play much any more , some players have stopped attacking totally . It truly has sucked out the fun aspect of the game. Unfortunately the sniper Guard Reserve is way to strong with its 300% damage multiplier to infantry , at its max level it is just short of a level 8 sharpshooter. Jets are a big help but what if you are level 7 and lower ? I can see from defences that empire players also struggle with it too Personally i think they should can all of them but infantry and melee for both sides as that would be manageable . To think that at the top level you have to deal with , sc, both twins, IDT traps , snipers with meds, dewbacks ,spiders , perked storms , bikes and all the turrents, its a nightmare .

Pretty much this. Very few Sons of Death attack in PvP any more.

Of course, the devs see their numbers, and they're going to do what they're going to do. You play or leave for better past times. So far they've been smart enough to know to leave the "blessed" Armory far away from Squad Wars.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#22 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:09 pm

BeammeupScot wrote:Unfortunately the sniper Guard Reserve is way to strong with its 300% damage multiplier to infantry , at its max level it is just short of a level 8 sharpshooter.

Because I like math, that's why.

Level 6 Sniper Trooper: 1540*300% = 4620
4620/200% = 2310
Level 9 Sharpshooter = 2288

Looks like they're better than level nines.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

BeammeupScot
Captain

Post#23 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Attacked a few bases with those today , they so deadly under shields . At least you know what to expect in sc s , snipers ( with lugga ) or jets , . Every time i attack a imp base with out snipers on ,i shout in my head " what were you thinking " but pretty thankful.
Level 10 officer @ PartylikePorkins-" we bring home the bacon"
Member of partylike family
Line id: bmus6312
Transformers-earth wars
Download game here >
http://smart.link/574d76bf7b939?site_id=bmus " join partylikeprime"

Fatboy
Captain

Post#24 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't have guard reserves as I didn't collect enough data in the time. So I no longer attack any bases with guard reserve as when I do I'm lucky if I get over 10%.
For me as a level 9 rebel the game is dying, there is no fun anymore.

I love Star Wars and really enjoyed this game but I am at the point of giving up. If it wasn't for the guys in my squad I probably would have packed up by now.

I've just spent 2 hours trying to get enough alloy to build a f***ing wall (1 million alloy) and lost more attacks than I won. Yes some of my attacks were crap on my behalf.

Wars were my only real way of boosting my base and even they are now so mismatched we are at the stage of not bothering. EG we have won one war in the last 10.

We have just lost two of our level 10 guys as they have had enough and my sons phone is now no longer compatible with the game since last update so he can't play anymore.
So very soon that will be another rebel squad gone.
Well done Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Officer in DoNatingBasterdz

DomeSidius
Storm Trooper

Post#25 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:16 am

I loose almost every attack because of guard reserve. It's not fun anymore.
Also, in defense i get wrecked because i don't have guard reserve. Maybe it should be easier to receive the upgrade?

Another thing is: My base is lvl 10, but i am not able to upgrade any turrets anymore, because my base gets raided several times a day, so i am not able to safe some resources for upgrading. I am playing for years but can't make progress any more.
What this game needs is a safehouse, which protects rss!

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#26 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:14 am

Fatboy wrote:I don't have guard reserves as I didn't collect enough data in the time. So I no longer attack any bases with guard reserve as when I do I'm lucky if I get over 10%.
For me as a level 9 rebel the game is dying, there is no fun anymore.

I love Star Wars and really enjoyed this game but I am at the point of giving up. If it wasn't for the guys in my squad I probably would have packed up by now.

I've just spent 2 hours trying to get enough alloy to build a f***ing wall (1 million alloy) and lost more attacks than I won. Yes some of my attacks were crap on my behalf.

Wars were my only real way of boosting my base and even they are now so mismatched we are at the stage of not bothering. EG we have won one war in the last 10.

We have just lost two of our level 10 guys as they have had enough and my sons phone is now no longer compatible with the game since last update so he can't play anymore.
So very soon that will be another rebel squad gone.
Well done Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely understand your position.

I think the Summer of War mismatches has been very damaging for the game. Sure the rewards on offer were great. But that doesn't matter if you can't hope to win them. I've played for nearly 3 years now. Over that time, the pendulum of 'Dev beneficence' has swung back and forth between defence and attack, Rebel and Empire. If players have been able to stick around for long enough things have evened out over time.

One of the things that kept players playing during difficult periods was Squad Wars. The rewards for winning meant that you could still pay for upgrades / advance your base, even when the PvP odds were stacked against you. You had the camaraderie of your squad, whom you were interacting with before and after the War. If you were too busy in Real Life when the latest 'essential to play' frags were available, you were screwed in PvP and conflicts, but Wars could compensate for that. Then came 29th April, and the beginning of the Gross Mismatch Era. The criteria were significantly loosened and the damage to the player base got far far worse.

In a gross mismatch, player activity can slow right down, save for those actively grinding in conflicts. Wars last 48 hours, and if you find yourself completely outgunned, many players understandably invest their time elsewhere for those 48 hours. At the time of typing, we've just finished a War where we faced a top 50 squad of 10s, most of them maxed out (base score 2964). Our War Party's total base score was 31,860. The Imps was 43,434 (136% of ours). The outposts were Dando, Hoth and Yavin. For the avoidance of doubt, no criticism of the Imp squad is intended. I know they would have preferred a fair contest. It's the matchmaking parameters that are at fault.

For our squad, we've seen an improvement in War matchmaking during August. Mismatches still happened, but there were enough fair Wars to give us hope, and rebellions are built on hope.

I advise you to keep on trying with Wars, and try to keep your War Party's base score at around 30,000.

The Guard Reserves are bearable if you've got skins for your jets, but even then the Imp sniper AI reserve is almost nearly impossible to beat when at high levels, and the only way to know if they are had at high levels is when the start spawning at an incredible rate, and wiping out your jets.

I'm convicted the Devs do want this game to continue. I also think they look at this site, although what they take away from it, I cannot guess.

My advice, essentially, is to hang in there. If you're squad goes down, or too many quit / lapse into inactivity, you could try another one. There are a lot out there, that are coping, one way or another.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Tsunami
Captain

Post#27 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Here's what gets me...and most other rebels. The Guard Reserve so heavily favors the Imps that it's nearly impossible for a rebel to win a PvP match now. I've posted this on the forum in various places regarding how unfair it is to give the Imps snipers and crabs while the rebels get nothing even remotely comparable. If you've noticed, the Imps stay mum...not a word...why should they say anything? They just sit back and win win win.

Now, as I've asked on here in various threads is for an explanation. Why the favoritism to the Imps? Why not make it fair? Do we get a response? No! Do we get an explanation? No! All the game gets are more Rebels dropping the game because of how ridiculously tough it is o to win a match.

The Rebels have the disadvantage with Guard Reserve. The Rebels have the disadvantage with war mismatches. The fact that the developers don't try and fix this is mind-boggling to me. Just makes no sense. I try and have fun with the game but when they make it not fun...well you know the rest.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Admiral

Post#28 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 am

Tsunami wrote:Here's what gets me...and most other rebels. The Guard Reserve so heavily favors the Imps that it's nearly impossible for a rebel to win a PvP match now. I've posted this on the forum in various places regarding how unfair it is to give the Imps snipers and crabs while the rebels get nothing even remotely comparable. If you've noticed, the Imps stay mum...not a word...why should they say anything? They just sit back and win win win.

Now, as I've asked on here in various threads is for an explanation. Why the favoritism to the Imps? Why not make it fair? Do we get a response? No! Do we get an explanation? No! All the game gets are more Rebels dropping the game because of how ridiculously tough it is o to win a match.

The Rebels have the disadvantage with Guard Reserve. The Rebels have the disadvantage with war mismatches. The fact that the developers don't try and fix this is mind-boggling to me. Just makes no sense. I try and have fun with the game but when they make it not fun...well you know the rest.

That's not quite fair, my friend. Several Imps have acknowledged that the sniper-med GR unfairly favours Imps, and that we got 'screwed' on the C3PO R2 buff, including among others, Spock. They did so when the buffs first came out. I don't expect them to respond to every thread about this saying it again and again.

Also, the War mismatches affect both sides. There's a thread created by Pirate where matchmaking data is asked for and provided. You will see there that Imps get mismatches too. It's the fault of the devs that they happen. They have loosened the parameters considerably.

I agree that the game is unbalanced at this time, as you say, but that's not the Imps fault, It's the Devs. Plus overtime, the pendulum of dev beneficence has swung both ways.

For my part, I don't think the dev favouritism is wholly intentional.

There is also the overall game stats to consider.

STATISTICS
Squad
Squads
Empire Rebel All
Amount 14,531 9,506 24,037
Avg wins 16 24 20
Avg draws 1 1 1
Avg losses 17 22 19
Avg uplinks taken 1,053 1,556 1,305
Avg uplinks saved 419 616 518
Avg reputation 1,989 2,956 2,472
Avg medals 34,209 34,644 34,427
Commanders
Empire Rebel All
Amount 171,157 111,941 283,098
Avg donated 772 1,352 1,062
Avg received 722 1,284 1,003
Avg HQ level 6 6 6
Avg rep invested 71 116 94
Avg base strength 1,117 1,348 1,232
Avg medals 2,845 2,891 2,868
Avg attacks won 567 657 612
Avg defenses won 76 119 98
Planets
Empire Rebel All
Unknown 153 131 284
Dandoran 15,157 11,964 27,121
Er'Kit 5,318 9,152 14,470
Hoth 12,024 7,518 19,542
Takodana 6,175 6,322 12,497
Tatooine 126,220 71,709 197,929
Yavin 4 6,110 5,117 11,227

Here's the link to the relevant page from the ranking website:
http://ksod.us/stats
The stats are much easier to read there, as they are formatted. It's also data that's still being collected, and so will be updated over time.

Although I agree that it is virtually impossible for the average player (if not experts like PhoenixAZ1899) to beat an Imp base with level X sniper med guard reserves. The overall data shows that Rebels are more successful on attack and defence than imperials. We also attack more and donate more. It's interesting that the medals obtained are almost the same between the factions. I suspect that's because we win more 1 and 2 star wins, whereas the Imps win more 2* and 3* wins, but there it is.

The game does need fixing, but the fixes needed are not as simple as it seems.
HQ 10 - 15K medals - Kenobi's Command - L 50 Squad - Max perks - 3 Squad Wars a week

Stop by for Wars, perks and rep points. We're maxed out.

"You must do what you think is right, of course" (We're the good guys)

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#29 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:10 am

I know that rebs are pegged as whiners and this may be seen as another whine but hear me out.

Recent updates or major changes, in order that they come to mind.

Jets buff (Dessert, Forest, Artic):
Imp < Rebs ( Reb's are slightly more powerful Apx 10 %)

GR:
IMP > Rebs ( No question no argument snipers are king over anything else, if it was not so every Imp with it unlocked would not have it activated).

eATAT skin vs LEIA (Both buffs)
IMPS > Rebs ( Made the forest planets a bad place for rebs )

R2 vs Vader:
IMPS > Rebs ( laughable really )

Weds vs Imp Healer:
IMP > Rebs ( Good bye difference in factions, and thanks for a unit no one was asking for on the reb side)

Kessen
IMP < Rebs ( healing helps and made it a reb dominated unit for a long time, though I like most rebs never got to enjoy this to its fullest as mine will never be lvl 10)

Other buffs that are coming to mind are nearly identical ie Fangs/infiltrators/kubaz/hails and HMC on hoth. Feel free to correct me but the majority of major buffs have gone against the rebs.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Poene
Commodore

Post#30 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 pm

DomeSidius wrote:I loose almost every attack because of guard reserve. It's not fun anymore.
Also, in defense i get wrecked because i don't have guard reserve. Maybe it should be easier to receive the upgrade?

You didn't unlock the jet skins? That's a big mistake. When the event started you should have done your daily tasks and some planet hopping. Before long you would have unlocked the lvl 1 jet skin and that would have made you competitive. You would win almost all your attacks.
Also, during the guard reserve event you didn't do your daily tasks to unlock them. Another mistake. (Not that it matters that much in the current meta though.)

In this game each time the devs release an overpowered skin one must grind to unlock them. We learned this in the past with the sand trooper skin.

We will see how good the new AT-TE skin and the Death trooper are. If they are overpowered I'd advise you to get them.

Another thing is: My base is lvl 10, but i am not able to upgrade any turrets anymore, because my base gets raided several times a day, so i am not able to safe some resources for upgrading. I am playing for years but can't make progress any more.
What this game needs is a safehouse, which protects rss!

I am also lvl 10 and I cannot upgrade my base anymore through looting or pvp. That has stopped since lvl 9.
5 million alloy to upgrade a turret? Impossible to accumulate over time. If I hoard more than a million alloy my base gets raped by evil rebels. I can only upgrade my turrets if we win squad wars AND I get the 6 million alloy reward (1/6 chance). With 11 turrets to go this means 66 squad war victories needed.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”