Guard Reserves

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
KrakenKodes
Commodore

Re: Guard Reserves

Post#11 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:34 pm

I have no problems with the GR now that I have jumps. They just crush the GR. Air power helps the jumps, but without the jumps, face plant, with the jumps, at least 2 star and many times 3.

Anyone else think the jumps even things up considerably?

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#12 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:21 pm

If the only load out that works reliably is filling your transports with one troop that is boosted 89% then this is a good indication that the game is broken and all balance has been lost. I admit I have been enjoying the relative ease of grinding to UC with the last two conflicts using boosted jumps, but this requires little to no tactics or skill and is an indicator of how many people have quit. They are killing this game and it makes me sad, newcomers who were not here for those conflicts are going to be SOL and tire of the impossible grind immediately. Veteran players are rage quitting all the time and moving on to other apps. I'm staying because I'm crazy and still enjoy chatting with my squad and trying to unlock everything. But I don't do HD anymore because it's too hard, and using a mix of units is pointless with the current state of things.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#13 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 pm

KrakenKodes wrote:I have no problems with the GR now that I have jumps. They just crush the GR. Air power helps the jumps, but without the jumps, face plant, with the jumps, at least 2 star and many times 3.

I for one am thoroughly enjoying steam-rolling with my jets. Conflict unlocks are easy and loot is plentiful. The Guard Reserves were obviously released ahead of the Jets (imp Jumps) event to beef up defense; but I'd propose the devs reverse that concept. FIRST boost offense, then after everyone is getting absolutely beaten, release the new defenses - releasing defensive buffs first makes it hard to unlock to offense later and is highly demoralizing.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 22K, Battle Rank: 11 (Android)
Kenobi's_Command: A Level 50 Squad (MAX PERKS!) - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 3 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

TNT
Commodore

Post#14 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 pm

ChiptheFish wrote:I for one am thoroughly enjoying steam-rolling with my jets. Conflict unlocks are easy and loot is plentiful. The Guard Reserves were obviously released ahead of the Jets (imp Jumps) event to beef up defense; but I'd propose the devs reverse that concept. FIRST boost offense, then after everyone is getting absolutely beaten, release the new defenses - releasing defensive buffs first makes it hard to unlock to offense later and is highly demoralizing.

Great idea. First you chase everyone away because no one can defend and then you hope that they will return to see that they have a chance at unlocking something to help them.

KrakenKodes wrote:I have no problems with the GR now that I have jumps. They just crush the GR. Air power helps the jumps, but without the jumps, face plant, with the jumps, at least 2 star and many times 3.

Only when anything not called sniper guard reserve is active.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Don't bother, maybe go pick some flowers outside instead? Bake a cake? Play a different game?

Moadib
Commodore

Post#15 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 am

with this buffed Jets and GR game lost middle ground , i win on def for 25%-45% or lose for hundo against 16 jumps and vader +2 healing ships no turret combination or placement can nullify the healing ships abillity to make units immortal but same goes for both sides

perhaps locking GR on some conflicts and unlocking it after can give some breathing room for majority of players that strive so hard against GR now and consider ex-Windows players also they are lacking in all frags for troops we consider regualar now imp or reb ones (ATACT,Kessen , A-wings etc..) we chase jets wed droids and they for sure dont have atrt or vans upgraded or slim chance to catch up with rest of us ,their gems cant buy all this goodies if they are not available and their frag pool is much wider the ours who already have much of it
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.

DAZ

Post#16 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Guard Reserves have destroyed the game!

The game is about created equal levels of attack and defense ability within each opponent. The Guard reserves completely swing the advantage to defense with no ability to mount a successful attack anymore.

THE GAME IS NO LONGER FUN!

I'm retiring this game to the dustbin! The designers have gone too far and destroyed what was once a great game!

Let me know if they ever remove the guard reserves.

Daz

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#17 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 am

If they would focus on improving the game like fixing chat, base layout swapping, replays for war base, they would've kept their player base and made a path for making the game last long into the future. Just throwing content after additional content is ridiculous and I can only imagine they are purposely driving this bus off of a cliff.
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

syncpan77
Major General

Post#18 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Like with every update, people are quick to cry fowl, but there's always a solution. Many Imps and Rebs adapted fairly quick to the changes. Sure, it became more difficult to win, but that's the point of this game. It shouldn't be easy to win, especially not at high levels. The Heavy/Medic combo did wonders against the Guard Reserves and now the OP Jets/Jumps make it even easier to overcome.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

SatedPsycho
Cadet Trooper

Post#19 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 am

I both agree and disagree with this thread. I use GR, and have rarely lost a defense since using them. I also avoid attacking bases that use GR for the same reason. So I agree that the GR are over powered.
However, I think they add to the game rather than detract from it. There is not a lot of strategy to attacking a static base. What the devs need to do, is to add a counter to the GR.

To win against a base using GR currently, the attacker needs a larger force so they can bring anti-troop units. However, increasing troop carrying capacity will make attacks against bases without GR easier, not really fixing the issue.
The best fix, if possible, would be to improve unit AI. All units should immediately switch targets and attack units attacking them. Currently, units ignore being attacked, and that is what makes the GR so effective at destroying attacking forces.

BeammeupScot
Captain

Post#20 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm

I feel sorry for the lower level guys and casual players , i visit and keep in touch with a lots of players and on the rebel side most of the players are struggling and don't really play much any more , some players have stopped attacking totally . It truly has sucked out the fun aspect of the game. Unfortunately the sniper Guard Reserve is way to strong with its 300% damage multiplier to infantry , at its max level it is just short of a level 8 sharpshooter. Jets are a big help but what if you are level 7 and lower ? I can see from defences that empire players also struggle with it too Personally i think they should can all of them but infantry and melee for both sides as that would be manageable . To think that at the top level you have to deal with , sc, both twins, IDT traps , snipers with meds, dewbacks ,spiders , perked storms , bikes and all the turrents, its a nightmare .
Level 10 officer @ PartylikePorkins-" we bring home the bacon"
Member of partylike family
Line id: bmus6312
Transformers-earth wars
Download game here >
http://smart.link/574d76bf7b939?site_id=bmus " join partylikeprime"

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”