Empire Speeder Overpowered

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
syncpan77
Major General

Re: Empire Speeder Overpowered

Post#31 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:04 pm

DelusionsofGrandeur wrote:
syncpan77 wrote:Seems like a huge unnecessary waste. If you practice hitting things with air, you will develop quick enough reflexed that you can just tank them with a simple Wookiee and get them right away from above. Personally, I take 1 Twi'lek and two storms to tank them. Drop the Twi"lek on top of them, then a storm on each side, them hit em from above before they take the Twi'lek out, and if you're too late, at least the exploding flame girl will take em out.

You're attacking rebel speeders. Empire speeders will have killed all and moved on before the air hits. I've heard 2 twileks works though, if you lure to a reb and drop the twileks right on top of the bikes. I've found Luke the surest bet.

It doesn't matter it works on Imp bikes as well (have seen Rebels do this on my SC), you have to take advantage of the retargeting properties of the bikes. Drop Twi'lek, then drop storms instantly, they'll turn to the storms to shoot them, Twi'lek gets out one or two puffs, most of the time an airstrike isn't even necessary, flame explosion will do.

BTW, 8 Rebel speeders pack a bigger punch than 6 imp speeders, so that's not a factor at all to say it won't work.
MEMBER of "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-FULL-RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 squad on GSOW in UCL

RedCDR
Commodore

Post#32 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:51 pm

at level 4 fangs/striker will kill the opposing factions bikes in a 6 block area (same as a unit transport). both factions at that level have the same kill area.
maths behind it splash damage is 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%.

splash damage works with the percentage corresponding to the damage multiplier as 1,2,3,4,5

this works out as a grid with each number representing 2 tiles. 50% of damage for a level 4 fang accounting for multiplier vs vehicle and splash damage multiplier at 3 gives 23840 damage enough to kill empire and rebel bikes. at 4 with multipliers damage is 11920 not enough to kill empire or rebel bikes. both need to lure the bikes and hold them in place if they are not accurate with their star ships but that is skill not faction bias both bikes hit just as hard in per unit cost.
grid example
quit this forum due to a psychopath sending me private messages goading me to commit suicide

Vrroommm
Captain

Post#33 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 pm

My lvl 8 jug was taken out by one bike in SC so not sure it's level. Still not right though.

lma
Commodore

Post#34 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:40 am

Tbh imp speeders are my favourite units to fight against coming out of sc.. so many options to deal with them. They move so fast so when you bait them you don't waste too much time dealing with them.. i wish all imps would stock their sc with bikes :)

RedCDR
Commodore

Post#35 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:42 am

Vrroommm wrote:My lvl 8 jug was taken out by one bike in SC so not sure it's level. Still not right though.

a bike will beat a jug as the jug will target the shields and ignore the jug while the bike will focus on the jug and keep hitting it until it id dead. you have to deal with the sc whether that is baiting and luring or sniping. being unable to deal with the sc is a skill gap not a one faction is op. if i ignore skiffs in your my vehicles will get mauled.
quit this forum due to a psychopath sending me private messages goading me to commit suicide

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:00 am

Check out post 9 in this thread. I give 3 methods of dealing with bikes there.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

Vrroommm
Captain

Post#37 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:08 am

My point wasn't about how to deal with bikes it was to illustrate the rock paper scissors rules in this game are wrong when a jug is taken out in a few shots by a bike.
I know I can't use the tactics n my SC against imp vehicles, they barely scratch the surface and that's the way it should be.

RedCDR
Commodore

Post#38 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Vrroommm wrote:My point wasn't about how to deal with bikes it was to illustrate the rock paper scissors rules in this game are wrong when a jug is taken out in a few shots by a bike.
I know I can't use the tactics n my SC against imp vehicles, they barely scratch the surface and that's the way it should be.

rock paper scissors. bike is anti troop jug is anti shied. So bike is meant to counter the jug. Imperials don't get an anti vehicle troop unlike the rebels. or do you want to be able to just ignore the bike. you have to deal with the sc not just ignore it and shrug of the damage.

Vrroommm
Captain

Post#39 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 pm

RedCDR wrote:
Vrroommm wrote:My point wasn't about how to deal with bikes it was to illustrate the rock paper scissors rules in this game are wrong when a jug is taken out in a few shots by a bike.

rock paper scissors. bike is anti troop jug is anti shied. So bike is meant to counter the jug. Imperials don't get an anti vehicle troop unlike the rebels. or do you want to be able to just ignore the bike. you have to deal with the sc not just ignore it and shrug of the damage.

So which is it, anti infantry or anti vehicle, sorry re read imp bike beats rock and scissors,

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#40 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:14 am

Vrroommm wrote:So which is it, anti infantry or anti vehicle, sorry re read imp bike beats rock and scissors,

Descriptions are garbage in this game. The fact is that bike is anti-troop unit, no matter vehicle or infantry. It's not as good anti-infantry as snipers and not as good anti-vehicle as skiffs but do both functions ok'ish. Kinda trades off efficiency for versatility.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”