Empire Speeder Overpowered

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
scottkc
Cadet Trooper

Empire Speeder Overpowered

Post#1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:21 pm

My whole squad was annihalated by 2 Empire speeders in under 30 seconds. This is in a War scenario and my team had all of the bonuses so this should not be possible. It is not the first time either. Anyone else experience this?

syncpan77
Major General

Re: Empire Speeder Overpowered

Post#2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Slow down there buddy, first off let's get some more details. How did you guys go about handling the bikes to start off?
MEMBER of "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-FULL-RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 squad on GSOW in UCL

Lampie
Commodore

Post#3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:44 pm

oh so when the rebel one wipes out my troops, that is ok is it? Like Syncpan77 said, how did you handle them? Usually if troops are firing at a building first, they won't target them until that current target has been destroyed.
EvilEwoks - Windows :D Empire's finest, Squad Wars 71W - 7L

FruitBowlMafia
Major General

Post#4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 pm

scottkc wrote:My whole squad was annihalated by 2 Empire speeders in under 30 seconds. This is in a War scenario and my team had all of the bonuses so this should not be possible. It is not the first time either. Anyone else experience this?

Sorry you got smoked, but as a lifelong Rebel... Bikes are easy to dispatch multiple ways.

Saying the bikes are OP is just Troll bait.
Lone_Rebellion

FkOff
Commodore

Post#5 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:51 am

Twilik >
Squad: TeamGibson
In-game Commander Name: FuzzyBunnies (previously FkOff but Disney had a change of heart on that one)

karlsmith1987
Commander

Post#6 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:19 am

Empire Bikes are the bane of my life.... but they aren't overpowered. Imp vehicles are better than Rebels, Rebels troops are better than Imp, evens itself out for me when you consider most vehicles use much more UC than troops

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 am

I find that two well placed and timed strikes from my Level 4 Fang Fighters can handle any Speeder Bikes from a Empire SC and if that Empire Commander has other SC Units they become cannon fodder for my attack force.

Overpowered - YES only if you aren't prepared to handle them - QUICK! - otherwise - NO.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 am

at lvl7 rebel bikes have more damage and hp per UC than imperial counterparts.
at lvl10 they have the same.

where imperial packs 5 bikes, rebel will pack 6 and get the same total HP and total damage.

in lvl10 SC rebels can pack 8 bikes and have 13200 total damage, 144k total HP while imperials can only fit 6 which will give 11880 total damage and 129k total HP.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:55 am

This is an issue that's been ventilated before. There are several ways to deal with bikes in an Imperial SC.

Air power methods
1) Use the X-factor: Take out the shields with A-wings, then X-wing the SC.
2) Fangs for the memories: Take down the shields with infiltrators, wait for the bikes to return to the SC and start circing around it, and then Fang fighter the SC.
3) Bait and Fang: Bait the SC, lure the bikes to a discrete location on the map, and use Fang fighters. Please note the bikes usually stop 6 tiles from their target.

Please note also 2 x-wings or 2 fangs are usually required for these methods.

Bait and lure methods
1) Twileks forever (well 5 seconds anyway): Bait the SC, lure the bikes to a discrete location on the map, and when they arrive deploy 2 twileks right on top of them. Please note, they must be right on top of them, because it's not their flame throwers that take them out, it's the explosion when they die. BertO used to have a great gif demonstrating this.
2) Skiffs of Fid (named after one of my squad mates who got this down to a fine art). Bait the SC, put a trooper in a nearby corner (the bikes go for this corner). Put another trooper in another near corner, but away from the main buildings. After taking out the first trooper, the bikes rush to the second, as they approach the trooper deploy 2 skiffs. Because of the bikes are locked on to the trooper, they ignore the skiffs. The skiffs should take out a bike with one shot each. Heavies can be substituted for the second skiff.

The last method takes practice.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:14 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:This is an issue that's been ventilated before. There are several ways to deal with bikes in an Imperial SC.

ObiWanKenobi2016 - Great Post!! :D

I use "Bait and Fang" which is part of my TBLD (Trip-Bait-Lure-Destroy) SC Attack Strategy.

What I do is:

1. Trip SC by deployment of 1 Rebel Soldier (SC "trippable) - or - Ithorian Inflitrator (SC "not trippable").
  2. Bait-Lure SC (Bikes / Other Units) to some clear point on Base by using 1 Medic (because it won't move) or another Rebel Soldier on Structure with high Hitpoints (to allow time for Bikes to arrive).
  3. Destroy Bikes by deploying one Fang Fighter just ahead of lead Bike and one Fang Fighter behind Bike "group".
What happens is Bikes will arrive just as first Fang Fighter hits. Often some will remain and start back to SC. That is when the Second Fang Fighter arrives destroying the remaining Bikes.

NOW AS FOR OTHER SC UNITS... Varied "methods" are used - attackers choice.

And now back to the killing and destroying... :D

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”