LAAT / IDT Dropship Custom Content - Discussion Thread

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
legofanatikeren
Commodore

Re: LAAT / IDT Dropship Custom Content - Discussion Thread

Post#21 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 am

Raidrax wrote:thelegofanatikeren I am really glad that I am not the only one that wants custom stuff! :idea: IDEA What if you could deploy the troops and vehicles you customized with the LAAT / IDT!!?? :o (For those who are wondering what I am talking about, check out my post in this section!! viewtopic.php?p=44938#p44938 )

lol joining it into one big cooking-nightmare! Sure, why not 8-) 8-)
and it's just legofanatikeren :) "the" is included in the name already ;)
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.
#TeamLeo #flæskesteg #DanishHumor
If I meet you - you better like LEGO! :D
... No, seriously - you better do.

Raidrax
Commander

Post#22 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 am

legofanatikeren, lol, just saw that typo! I'll be sure not to add that anymore. :lol:
Part of the squad known as KingsKrown! Squad lvl 33
Join the Awesomeness, and crush the Rebellion!

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#23 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 am

Ah, it's fine! didn't expect you to translate before posting... why bother, eh?
legofanatikeren Was Here. Leader of Jedi-BladeForce - a training ground for new and experienced younglings alike. Proud officer in The jedi-Family.

DarthVader
Lieutenant

Post#24 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:00 am

As Thxskullsrock said, we sould be able to chose what goes into them

EDIT:

I meant should
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined Back to Back Posting from Poster - Added "Edit"

iamatccitian
Lieutenant

Post#25 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Would it not kill for consistency? The LAAT drop ship in SS Command uses just plain old regular troopers while the mysterious LAAT trap uses heavy soldiers! No clear documentation by SWC and NADA on the fan/user supported http://swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/index ... =Main_Page about traps and about the fact that the LAAT trap is the only trap that the jet/jump troopers will trigger.

Euph
Admiral

Post#26 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:26 pm

iamatccitian wrote:Would it not kill for consistency? The LAAT drop ship in SS Command uses just plain old regular troopers while the mysterious LAAT trap uses heavy soldiers! No clear documentation by SWC and NADA on the fan/user supported http://swcommander.info/~swc/wiki/index ... =Main_Page about traps and about the fact that the LAAT trap is the only trap that the jet/jump troopers will trigger.

When the LAAT/IDT starship and trap were released alongside HQ9, they both just deployed the soldiers. It wasn't until some time later the traps got a buff by turning into heavies. I'm not sure why they didn't buff the ship at the same time. This is speculation on my part, but I think the original idea of the LAAT ship was just to be able to trigger buried SCs, which is why the troopers are kind of useless because it doesn't really matter what they are.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

ColonelScar
Squadron Leader

Post#27 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Interesting question. I don’t have a strong opinion on WHAT they should drops, but I really wish the troops were generalists and actually restored buildings behind enemy line instead of running headfirst into burst turrents. But back to the question at hand, I think rancor’s would be unrealistic but that would be awesome. I’d like it if they dropped heavy vehicles, or heavy troopers, something that can dole out damage but take a punch too.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#28 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:48 pm

The dropships are pretty good in wars with Dando. You can drop them to trigger a sonic, and they recover almost immediately. They also act as a solid meat shield. When you don't have Tat or Tako on your side, getting a few bonus troops on the field can help

Yeah, and as I recall, idt traps used to deploy storms, and at level 9 it was heavies (or maybe by the time I got mine to level 9, all levels were heavies).

I would say that upgrading the idt traps isn't as big of a priority as you think. The #1 unwanted effect is that they become expensive as hell to recharge at high levels (it adds up). At levels 1-7, the ship deploys level 7 heavies. The number increases as the trap level increases (3 at level 1). The repair cost also goes up. IMO, the real value of an idt is just to get the attacker to blow a starship on it. They do practically nothing to a decent attacker. Only weak attackers have issues with them, and you'll probably beat them anyway.

https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/empi ... pship.html
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Impe ... pTrap.html
https://papajessie.github.io/swcpy/Heav ... pTrap.html

legofanatikeren
Commodore

Post#29 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 am

With the new Hauler unit for both sides, the original question I posed on this thread seems to have been rendered a bit useless, eh?

With the options to now send in regular soldiers, AAT, TX or Juggernaut (and the empire equivalents of course) the choices for dropship-troops has now been expanded upon.

So... succes? In a way :)

Doesn't mean I'd say no to a rancor drop ship lol, and I'd still look forward to any other thoughts on this what-if thought experiment.

Have an awesome day!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”