LAAT / IDT Dropship Custom Content - Discussion Thread

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DeathStriker

Re: Dropships Content

Post#11 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 am

Thxskullsrock wrote:The timescales for commissioning or just examples I haven't looked at the actual commissioning time for the drop ships or The related commissioning time for troops added. Just a thought.

Thxskullsrock - As I posted here the current Commissioning / Training Time ranges from 21 Minutes (Level 1) to 42 Minutes (Level 10) each.

Continuing the Conversation...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Thxskullsrock
Captain

Post#12 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:51 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Thxskullsrock wrote:The timescales for commissioning or just examples I haven't looked at the actual commissioning time for the drop ships or The related commissioning time for troops added. Just a thought.

Thxskullsrock - As I posted here the current Commissioning / Training Time ranges from 21 Minutes (Level 1) to 42 Minutes (Level 10) each.

Continuing the Conversation...

Yea I not that into it that I want to work out all that.
Just sharing a fuzzy idea.
It's a good way to waste time!!
:shock:

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#13 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:26 pm

I find them useful in HD events when my SC troops and Hero's bunch up before the second wave. Other than that I have not found them useful at all. I have 1 in my load-out and use it sometimes but it honestly has never 'saved the day' when I was desperate enough to use air. Regardless of placement they just die too fast. If they had 5 second personal shields or if they had a medic droid with them they would be a lot more useful. Hell as a Empire player I would use a drop ship on attacks just to have one medic droid on Vader or some snipers, or kessen...
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

lobot
Squadron Leader

Post#14 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:45 pm

DeathStriker wrote:Please Note: AFAIK - The use of either the LAAT or IDT will not deploy Desert Soldiers or Sandtroopers.

Do we know that for sure? I always wondered, but was too lazy to try this with desert soldiers or any of the buffed soldier skins activated (depending on the planet).
That would at least be one small improvement...

The LAAT traps for sure don't deploy with buffed heavy skins. That would make the choice of defensive buffs a little more difficult...
Last edited by DeathStriker on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Post - Corrected Quote For Clarity

DeathStriker

Post#15 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 pm

lobot wrote:
DeathStriker wrote:Please Note: AFAIK - The use of either the LAAT or IDT will not deploy Desert Soldiers or Sandtroopers.

Do we know that for sure? I always wondered, but was too lazy to try this with desert soldiers or any of the buffed soldier skins activated (depending on the planet).

lobot - I did a "test" - sadly NO - deployment of the LAAT (or IDT) won't deploy 3 to 5 Desert Soldiers (or Sandtroopers) even though you have the Armory Unit Skin for Desert Soldier (or Sandtrooper) "activated".

I was kind of hoping it would work, but even it the LAAT / IDT deployed Desert Ops Units I am still not sure I would use it.

Adding to this Thread...

lobot
Squadron Leader

Post#16 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
lobot wrote:

lobot - I did a "test" - sadly NO - deployment of the LAAT (or IDT) won't deploy 3 to 5 Desert Soldiers (or Sandtroopers) even though you have the Armory Unit Skin for Desert Soldier (or Sandtrooper) "activated".

I was kind of hoping it would work, but even it the LAAT / IDT deployed Desert Ops Units I am still not sure I would use it.

Adding to this Thread...

Thank you for checking that!

Piper139
Major General

Post#17 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Just switching them to dropping heavies instead of regular soldiers would make them more viable. Would be great to take out dekkas. Ithorians, kubaz would be a waste to drop three in one place. Could be cool if they let you choose a drop point for each troop. Time consuming but cool.
Retired

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 am

Thxskullsrock wrote:My idea for these drop ships would be that when commissioning a dropship you select the troops that you want to add to rates depending upon the level of the dropship in relation to its capacity.

Resurrecting discussion...

The LAAT / IDT Dropships Starship Strike is currently designed to be Infantry Support only.

Given that, I would love to see a change from Troop Units to Troop Unit Capacity.

Under this change "improvement" the LAAT / IDT Dropships Starship Strike would be able to carry 21 UC of Troop Unit Capacity which is more than enough for 3 to 21 Infantry and/or Mercenary Units.

The LAAT / IDT Dropships Starship Strike would be able to be "filled" using a separate Tab in the Starship Command using any Infantry or Mercenary but NO VEHICLES.

⇨ REPOST of "Ideas" from Related Thread Post found here.

I would love to see them "improve" the LAAT / IDT Dropships Starship Strike by:

• Dropping UC from the current 7 down to 5 which would increase the number of Commissioned LAAT / IDT Dropships Strikes possible from 4 to 6 (+2).
  • Decrease Level 10 Training Time from current 42m to 10m - same time to cook 5 Level 10 Heavy Stormtroopers (Level 10 Heavy Soldiers take longer)... BIG PLUS...
  • Have LAAT / IDT Dropships Starship Strike able to Deploy 5 Heavy Soldiers / Heavy Stormtroopers which are modified by Armory Buffs as per my related Trap "idea" posted here.
Put simply if they allowed us to "fill" the LAAT / IDT Dropships Starship Strike, and we choose to load with Soldiers / Heavy Soldiers or Stormtroopers / Heavy Stormtroopers than Armory Buffs will apply (if activated).

When we wish upon a Star... ahhh the "dreams" we Players have... :roll:

Thxskullsrock
Captain

Re: LAAT / IDT Dropship Custom Content - Discussion Thread

Post#19 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

Maybe drop in AT,s as they do in Attack of the clowns.
It's a good way to waste time!!
:shock:

Raidrax
Commander

Re: LAAT / IDT Dropship Custom Content - Discussion Thread

Post#20 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31 pm

legofanatikeren I am really glad that I am not the only one that wants custom stuff! :idea: IDEA What if you could deploy the troops and vehicles you customized with the LAAT / IDT!!?? :o (For those who are wondering what I am talking about, check out my post in this section!! viewtopic.php?p=44938#p44938 )
Last edited by Raidrax on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Part of the squad known as KingsKrown! Squad lvl 33
Join the Awesomeness, and crush the Rebellion!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”