Add contraband as a reward for victorious wars

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DaLoc
Commodore

Re: Add contraband as a reward for victorious wars

Post#11 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:32 am

Darkcurse, has a minor point, but I'll inform him, that he is in the easy stages of both deka and deko. When I first became a level 9 last year, every week I had at least one droidekas upgrading. Now, all my squadmates are now 9's and constantly upgrading one of them as well. It will stop for him in about 3 months when he reaches a level 20 deka. Then you can go for 2 full months without upgrading any of them just because you will lose 25% of your contra every time you get attacked.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#12 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:40 am

On a side note, This site is fan made. Disney does not look at or even knows this site exist.
(Maybe that will change now that the official 50 shades of grey forums are abandoned. None of my posts have been approved for about 5 days.)

I would give that site some credit. The yavin outpost thread got some traction so changes were made. My perks thread there got lots of comments as well (although we are now in perk gate).

Overall, Disney won't give up their biggest moneymaker of high level droidekas where people would spend 1000s of dollars for. That's why contra won't be a prize. You would have a better chance that crystals would be included instead.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 10

Hoot
Commander

Post#13 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:26 am

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:...To give the Jabba cookies away in a squad war crate (or to give more than about 5k away in a normal crate) would make less $$ for the Rat. So it's not going to happen...

That about sums it up. It'd be nice, but Disney's not going to make a move that lightens their pocketbook.

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#14 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:47 pm

maltron66, I'm not saying you should be at level XXX by 7 months.. I would find that hard to believe too. I never said ppl who can't upgrade to level XXX are lazy either. No one who upgraded their walls, turrets, and shields to level X is lazy.

I have been playing for 7 months so I think my levels are about okay for the duration. I hit level 9 only 2 months ago, but my immediate goal was to upgrade the deko to 2, 6, and then 10, because those levels have some nice numbers. My deks is lvl 16 and my deko is only level 11. My focus has switched to get to HQ X and for now just okay with my driodeka levels. To get to X, I am primarily concerned with alloy to complete my walls (40M left) and a few remaining turrets up to level 9. And when I hit level X the need for alloy will be even greater. I think there's a lot of more ppl in my situation than ppl who no longer need alloy and just need contraband. For now I am trying to hold off upgrading my driodekas constantly even though i have the contraband on hand to upgrade to the next level. All I am saying is as of right now at my level I can hit the contraband needed to upgrade without even grinding for contraband. And even though I get attacked by X and lost about 65K in contraband in the last 2.5 days I am okay with it. I did get tired of being attacked when I hit 150K of contraband so I diverted from my plan to upgrade the deko to 11. And before it completed upgrading I have enough to upgrade to 12 without even targeting base with contraband. I still have more contraband than i need for now. I'm willing to bet money I can get my droidekas to 20. Post X upgrades where my sole focus will be droidekas I don't expect it will be easy to get to XXX but I strongly believe I will be able to given time and especially when I start targeting bases with more contraband. And of course we know Kessen is extremely difficult to unlock and even more difficult to get to X. Sorry, I am kind of glad it is. And I understand that grinding for 700K contraband is a whole different level.

That being said, I don't care if wars give 15k of contraband that is indeed a mere drop in the bucket. I would rather the game allowed us to choose which resource we collect. However, I don't think ppl should have a chance to get max contraband that can fill the entire vault. I think that would water down the achievement. If they did offer max contraband rewards I fear there will be some adverse effects to lower and less established squads. Our squad lost some semi active players due to getting burnt out. There is only so many times a squad can deal with being matched with 25+ diff in base sum. It has been harder to replace active players and we lost one player who wanted to join a top squad. I think we would see more younger squads having problems replenishing active players since most will just gravitate to higher level squads in the hopes to being able to upgrade via squad wars versus normal grinding. If we consolidate more squads it's going to be even harder to find opponents and it just seems problematic to me. And if Kessen becomes easy to get I think it would also hurt the game. You can take that as being selfish or not understanding how hard it is to grind but I respectfully disagree. Maintaining healthy squads to me has been much more challenging than anything so far. I may be complaining when I am trying to get 400k of contraband, but if squads tear themselves apart I think it won't be much of an issue.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”