Add contraband as a reward for victorious wars

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
maltron66
Captain

Add contraband as a reward for victorious wars

Post#1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:19 am

Pretty straightforward, right? As of now, the only reward a player receives for a squad war that his squad wins is either credits or alloy. Very handy if you want to keep turret/unit upgrades in line, but how about a reward that helps Droideka lovers like me upgrade their rolling death balls? A crate that gives you 50K-150K contraband for every victorious war would make a great reward, wouldn’t you agree?
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

syncpan77
Major General

Re: Add contraband as a reward for victorious wars

Post#2 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Wouldn't that be something, almost too good to be true, we know how Disney rolls, right? xD

This would help everyone out, including lower levels that are having trouble keeping contra from maxed 10s constantly attacking down on them. Top 50 squads could focus on their wars to get their contra fix instead of grinding for it days and days on end.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#3 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Selfishly I hope they never add contraband to the mix, because at my level 9 what I need the most is alloy, alloy and alloy. I always have too much contraband at the higher levels just by being active. I don't think inactive players should have a shortcut for upgrading driodekas.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#4 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:31 pm

10-19k contra hardly qualifies as too much. It's decent, but just a spit in the bucket compared to what it takes to upgrade a deka above level 30. If you'd invest some time in upgrading those, you'd understand. Also, aren't you implying that you yourself aren't active enough if you can't manage to get 3 mill alloy for your turrets? Why should you have a shortcut to alloy and not others for contraband (which is way more difficult to obtain, and keep)?
Last edited by syncpan77 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#5 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Syncpan77, just because I don't think they should have contraband as a prize doesn't mean I am not actively upgrading my Driodekas and grinding for alloy. I earned most of my resources by grinding since I hit level 9 a couple months ago. And I have consistently upgraded my droidekas non-stop. I find grinding 3M for a turret easier than helping monitor opponents in squad wars. If I wanted an easy way out I would join a well established squad instead of trying to nurture one.

Somethings should remain hard and should separate the active players. If I played longer than a 7 months I would have level 30 droidekas.

syncpan77
Major General

Post#6 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:09 pm

I really seriously highly doubt you'd even have lv 20 droidekas. You have no idea how brutal grinding for Contraband to get dekas upgraded at those levels is. If there's any area of the game that merits having a little slack cut, it's precisely that. To say people who look to upgrade their dekas and need a little help from wars, are not active and being lazy is a joke man. The only thing harder then grinding for contra in this game, is grinding to upgrade Kessen on Er'Kit. But of course, I understand your post was started off stating you are selfish, so my mistake trying to make some fair sense of it.

DarkCurse
Commander

Post#7 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:43 pm

I don't think we can have a civil debate. If you are offended that was not my intention.

Euph
Admiral

Post#8 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:12 pm

I would like this. Just add it to the possible loot rewards. And I'd go so far as to say it should follow the same rules as the other loot in wars: 25%, 50% and 100% fill.

Yeah, it would flood the game with contraband. Good, it needs to be, at least for a while. It's way too scarce right now. The increased costs that made "by design" a catchphrase were ridiculous, and the 10 extra levels made it much, much worse.

As someone with reasonably high level dekas (40 and 33), and also someone who actually upgraded their trade ports (many do not) I still estimate I have drained vast quantities more CB than I have ever 'given back' to the game. Point is, I think something needs to be done to improve the CB economy.

Again though, the disclaimer: Not holding my breath on devs listening, even if they did visit this forum.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#9 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:46 am

Of course I'd like contraband as rewards, but it's not going to happen. Disney is keeping the precious purple Jabba cookies as the hard-to-get items that force players to grind or pay crystals (or both) to obtain and to keep. High-level droidekas are for the wallet warriors or the borderline-obsessed (I am in the latter camp) who will play for hours at a time (or many crystals at a time) to make the 300k, 500k, 700k, and 930k cost of a high level droideka. To give the Jabba cookies away in a squad war crate (or to give more than about 5k away in a normal crate) would make less $$ for the Rat. So it's not going to happen.

Besides, if they did decide to do it, it would take 6 months of planning, testing, and implementation. The Armory was announced 16 July. Today is mid-September. There's not even a peep to indicate it's coming any time soon. May even have been flat-out cancelled. I don't expect much from this game anymore.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
~148,000 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

maltron66
Captain

Post#10 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:57 am

Everyone: Guys, I know it's not happening. It's too good to be true, I know. And seriously, when was the last time that the devs took a look at the suggestions posted in this thread and implemented a couple of ideas? That's right, it has never happened (and probably never will). We all know that this section of the forums contains all our secret desires we know that will never become real.xD

Dark Curse: I'm sorry, but all of your arguments are pretty much invalid. First of all, inactive players wouldn't bother upgrading their Droidekas. Heck, I doubt they would bother upgrading to the next level. Also, "a player who's been playing this game for 7 months should have level 30 Droidekas". Not sure if you're trying to be funny, but this line was comical at least. I've been playing this game for a year and a month. I've gotten all the way to level 8, maxing out everything in the process, and now I'm about to hit level 9. My Droideka is far from maxed out though. It's sitting at level 18. I don't think I'll be able to max it out before I get to level 9 ans let me tell you, it's not because I'm not active enough to collect contraband. It's because the greatest anount of contra I've ever found in a base while searching was somewhere like 14K. Most of the time, I don't find half as much in a base while scouting for an entire day. And apart from that, I'm a Rebel: The second I log off, some random loser hits me and steals my contra. The only planet where I'm not attacked as soon as I log off is Er' Kit, where all I come across is broke bases. So please don't tell me thag I'm not trying hard enough to gather enough contra to upgrade my Deka. It's wrong, not to mention stupid.
And finally... I've never heard of a single player who struggles to find enough alloy to upgrade a turret yet has no trouble grinding insane amounts of contraband. So pardon me when I say that I find it hard to believe that a player who claims he can upgrade his dekas to level 30 in 7 months can't raise enough alloy to get his turrets to level 9.
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”