[Suggestion] Paying Player Bonuses

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DeathStriker

Re: [Suggestion] Paying Player Bonuses

Post#11 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:51 pm

syncpan77 wrote:Dear Death Striker, I have the utmost respect for you and all but with all your experience I can't believe you can't recognize a baiting thread when you see one. trying to set things straight...

syncpan77 - Thanks for posting.

Yes, I did recognize this Thread was meant to grab "attention" but whether or not by "intent" the "core suggestion" is a valid one worthy of debate despite the fact we have little or no chance of every seeing it implemented.

If others wish so, they may continue the discussion...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

maltron66
Captain

Post#12 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:06 pm

QuanDanner wrote:"No offense taken...., none of my threads or replies are pointless.... it's replies like your classic troll response that are pointless.... if that offends you, too bad..... trolls usually get offended when they are in the spotlight....."

I'm not sure if you've realised it yet, but that bit should have been written by US and directed to YOU. You're the one who's in the spotlight because you are the one who created this thread and is now lashing out against the players who berate you for your own ignorance. You're the one who's creating the same old threads and cries about "poor wallet warriors being treated unfairly". Guess what: You wallet warriors have way more stuff than you deserve, from full air support to complete control of the leaderboards during conflicts. If you ask me, you guys should not only receive no extra stuff, but maybe have some privileges taken away some from you, in order to make you realize that all the privileges you have that we don't are more than enough to compensate for the money you're paying.
If you disagree, I'll be expecting you to counter all the arguments I layed on you on the previous thread you made. Until then, you won't be hearing any more from me. But if that day isn't coming, do us all a favor and shut up. In any case though, you are right on one thing: Trolls usually get offended when they are in the spotlight. Case and point: YOU.

DeathStriker, by all means, please go ahead and lock this thread down now before it escalates and gets out of control. This guy is obviously trying to pick a fight and this wouldn't be the first time, considering he has made other forums where he asks for more privileges to be given to wallet warriors (the last one being a thread about premium squads that could be created for a considerable amount of crystals). Besides, the matters that you listed have already been discussed and dropped numerous times, both here and on the Playdom forums. From my point of view, there really is nothing to discuss here. This thread will only serve to preserve an endless cycle of flaming. My suggestion is that you lock this thread down, just like you did with dogegriff's thread (nice going, btw, I waa expecting that to happen, I even warned the kid that his thread would get locked down eventually but he wouldn't listen).
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Identified Quote Source
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

DeathStriker

Post#13 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:22 pm

maltron66 wrote:DeathStriker, by all means, please go ahead and lock this thread down now before it escalates and gets out of control.
{snip}

My suggestion is that you lock this thread down, just like you did with dogegriff's thread (nice going, btw, I waa expecting that to happen, I even warned the kid that his thread would get locked down eventually but he wouldn't listen).

maltron66 - Thank you for the suggestion. I am monitoring this Thread.

If anyone feels it is warranted, they are free to "Report" a Post (by selecting '!' in upper right of post when hovering) at which time I will review and take appropriate action.

TMMSavDog23
Lieutenant

Post#14 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:14 pm

Don't you just love a bit of banter? ;)
SavDog23 - Rebel - HQ 9 - 27k+ Medals
Officer in TheMidnightMob

TMMSavDog23
Lieutenant

Post#15 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm

QuanDanner,

But for real, some of these suggestions are ridiculous.
- An extra Squad Center? So people can have up to 80 troop capacity for defense? That could be 16 speeder bikes!
If you spend so much time having a job, and need to take care of your family. Why are you even spending money on this game if you need to support them? It makes no sense.

SD23
SavDog23 - Rebel - HQ 9 - 27k+ Medals
Officer in TheMidnightMob

QuanDanner
Captain

Post#16 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:15 pm

My intention of this topic was solely for the purpose of making suggestions about things that paying players should get, bonuses as it is because we support the game financially. It was not my intention to get into a pissing contest or belittle others, but when someone goes off topic and belittles me, my topics or even my replies, I am not one to stand back and take that abuse... With that said, DeathStriker....

The way squads are now, you can have 30 members but only 15 can participate in a war. The major problem with this is the leader and officers tend to pick the best 15 for a war and the rest can go jump in a proverbial lake....

Why I suggested a premium squad is so that the squad could fight other premium squads 1 vs 1 and use all the members in the war 90 vs 90 members and because it is a premium squad war, all the members of the squad would get a chance to war and not just the few 15 that the leader and officers want.... This gives all the members the chance to war. Also, if there is no other premium squads available to fight with, then the premium squad could actually do up to 5 separate wars with 15 members in each war per time (all at the same time as it would be) thus allowing all members of the squad the chance to fight in a squad war.
Requested My Account Banned - Disney Complied- No Longer Playing - Goodbye

BertO
Major General

Post#17 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:51 am

QuanDanner wrote:My intention of this topic was solely for the purpose of making suggestions about things that paying players should get, bonuses as it is because we support the game financially. It was not my intention to get into a pissing contest or belittle others, but when someone goes off topic and belittles me, my topics or even my replies, I am not one to stand back and take that abuse... With that said, DeathStriker....

The way squads are now, you can have 30 members but only 15 can participate in a war. The major problem with this is the leader and officers tend to pick the best 15 for a war and the rest can go jump in a proverbial lake....

Why I suggested a premium squad is so that the squad could fight other premium squads 1 vs 1 and use all the members in the war 90 vs 90 members and because it is a premium squad war, all the members of the squad would get a chance to war and not just the few 15 that the leader and officers want.... This gives all the members the chance to war. Also, if there is no other premium squads available to fight with, then the premium squad could actually do up to 5 separate wars with 15 members in each war per time (all at the same time as it would be) thus allowing all members of the squad the chance to fight in a squad war.

For the record I have spent money on this game. But, your requests were either for insta-win buttons, or were for the very things the most consistent spenders already spend on and therefore aren't likely to be given away for free.

Buying limited edition unit skins could be cool. Purchasing limited edition unit packs (ithorians, krayt dragons, mercs) isn't a bad idea, even being able to by "plane packs" could work. Paying to have squad show in "Featured" may be feasible. BEING ABLE TO PURCHASE DROID 6 WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

But your premium squad suggestion sucks. And the main reason it sucks is your reasoning behind needing it. I know of no squads, and I am in five SW:C FB Groups and about 10 Line chats, that pick the same 15 every War. I know some top squads have an alternating A/B roster set-up, most middle squads just pick players on availability and first come first served basis. If you are struggling so hard to find a good squad that you feel you need to create unwieldy 90 person squads just to find one you can slot into, maybe join a big Squad Family like PartyLikeQuantum'sBorg. I'm sure they can find a nice slot for you where you can War as much as you feel you deserve. You may even be able to bounce around the family to pick up extra Wars if your home squad isn't active when you need them to be.

And seriously, in future, if you don't want to be trolled, don't start out with sentences that can be read as saying that 99% of the player base disgusts you. It is never going to end well.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

DeathStriker

Post#18 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:24 am

QuanDanner wrote:With that said, DeathStriker....

QuanDanner - Thanks for the response. :)

The "philosophy" or "system" for how Squads select their "War Party" is best discussed in another Thread like the one found here.

As for your "key concept" of fighting other Premium Squads - I see issues - like the ability to fill a Squad with 90 "active" Members plus the number of Premium Squads being very low (due to the cost in real money to create one) resulting in matching against only a few Enemy Faction Squads (if any) instead of a lot of Enemy Faction Squads.

As for your "key concept" of one Squad running multiple Squad Wars - this sounds reasonable - but the issues currently experienced by most Squads trying to field a 15 Member "War Party" would be compounded by attempting to field two or more 15 Member "War Parties" as you will still have those in a Squad whom for various reasons can't, or don't want to, participate in Squad Wars.

This all said, on a related TOPIC the "idea" of having one Squad specifically battle against another Squad is being discussed by the Game Developers as a "Limited Fun Option" - MAYBE... as indicated by my Post found here (see #3).

Continuing the Discussion...

Pirate
Major General

Post#19 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 am

I appreciate people who pay to play this game, it allows others to play for free and keeps things "progressing". I am all for bonuses for people who pay but, like Bert said, they shouldn't be instant win buttons. The bonuses for paying players shouldn't be detrimental to the experience of free players.
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#20 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:25 am

There might be many people who are willing to pay to give their base or units a more distinctive look.

So I think that buyable (only) skins are a good idea. There'll be the "poor peoples" standard skin and the "luxury bling,bling" skin. No changed stats, just another look.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”