How to make conflicts fun again

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
maltron66
Captain

How to make conflicts fun again

Post#1 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:40 am

I believe we can all agree on what the hardest thing to achieve in this game is. Three words: Special unit upgrades. Ever since the even store was replaced by the new conflict system, it has become a nightmare for most players to upgrade or even unlock a special unit. Upgrading a special unit is only possible for low-tier players. Mid to high-level players have almost zero chance of getting in the top 2% in a conflict, which leads to upgrading the special unit of the corresponding planet. As a result, many players are frustrated as they have to deal with being unable to upgrade their vanguards/shock troopers or HWKs to a level high enough to make the aforementioned units worth using in battle. And that is why most players hate the new conflict system and wish things could go back to what they used to be, ie. have the new conflict system replaced by the old event store.

Now, being a slightly newer player to the folks around here, I never got the chance to see how the event store works like. All I know is that you earned points for participating in conflicts, and then you could spend the accumulated amount of points to upgrade a special unit to the next level. Sounds doable, in contrast to the current conflict system. However, I think I would prefer it if the new system was to stay, but with a bit of a twist.

See, the only way to upgrade a special unit is by getting ranked in the top 2%, which is an area usually occupied with wallet warriors, hackers and people who use various tools to never log off the game because, I dunno… They don’t have a life. Anyway, getting ranked high enough to claim a special unit upgrade seems to be impossible. So why not be a little more generous with the special unit upgrades, while still keeping the competition to the same level?

Here’s my idea: Instead of having only the top 2% of the players in a conflict upgrade a special unit, let’s raise that amount to 10% (Bronzium). Anyone who ranks in Bronzium or higher should be able to upgrade the special unit of this planet’s conflict. But let’s also try to make things a bit more interesting, so that the top players will not settle for the top 10% but instead fight for the top: Those who rank in the top 10% (Bronzium) should be able to upgrade the special unit once. Those who rank in the top 5% (Obsidian) should be able to upgrade the special unit twice. And those who rank in the top 2% (Ultra Chrome) should be able to upgrade the special unit 3 times in a row.
I believe that keeping the new system but modifying it to these conditions would be the best system to get special unit upgrades. Here’s a couple of advantages this system could offer:

- #1: Both factions would be able to unlock and upgrade the special unit that is offered on the conflict of the planet that is under the control of the opposing faction, something which is nearly impossible to achieve now.
- #2: It would make people participate in conflicts again. As of lately, very few people participate in conflicts, because it’s nearly impossible to rank high enough to get a reward worth spending time on. The less people participate, the less the amount of the people who rank in the top 2% and the less the amount of players who care about the conflicts. This current system is a never-ending circle that leads to nowhere. As long as it’s still in effect, fewer and fewer people will participate in conflicts, until the amount of players who participate in them hits zero.
- #3: The most important advantage of them all: This system could potentially restore the balance in planet population. If we were to attract Imperials from Hoth to Er’ Kit and Rebels from Er’ Kit to Hoth, there would be much less of this crazy matchmaking. Much less of “I’m getting attacked within 2 minutes from the moment I log off while staying at the planet controlled by the opposing faction”. Much less of CNFOs. And much less of frustration from players who struggle to get in the top 2%, only to finish somewhere near 2.5%, which gives them nothing but a headache and a good reason to quit the game.

SO MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

awesome777
Commodore

Re: How to make conflicts fun again

Post#2 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:06 am

I was thinking exactly this, with exactly the sma leagues. I doubt they would do it, as it would be two easy to get the units maxed out. They are adding some type of new special unit event system in the game in the near future, so hopefully this can allievate pressure in trying to get into the top 2% and give us a reasonable way to upgrade.
:D Join BrowncoatsWash for instant donations, great wars, and no drama. PM for more info. :D
HQ 8. Uncharted territory.

maltron66
Captain

Post#3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:20 am

awesome777 wrote:I was thinking exactly this, with exactly the sma leagues. I doubt they would do it, as it would be two easy to get the units maxed out. They are adding some type of new special unit event system in the game in the near future, so hopefully this can allievate pressure in trying to get into the top 2% and give us a reasonable way to upgrade.

It would be easy, yes, but it'd still take lots of pain, sweat, tears and effort to keep doing it. Even if a player was to rank in the top 2% every single time and upgrade a special unit 3 times in a row again and again, he'd still have to do the exact same thing 17 times (because there is a total of 5 special units that need to be upgraded to level 10, 5*10=50/3=roughly 16, which is closer to 17). It might be easy, but come on, it's not THAT easy. Especially since most players would settle for Obsidian and upgrade the special unit two times in a row instead of three, which means that the number of conflicts it'd take to max out all units increases to 25.
But I see your point. There's no way the devs would actually modify the current system to be more fair. Oh well. Let's just hope that the new system they're cooking won't be as absurd as the current one.
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

Hoops8
Commodore

Post#4 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Personally i would not like faction specific leaderboards.... As a rebel the community is already so small that only a select few get uc. Case and point ERKIT.
OMISQUAD and OMISQUADBLACK Always looking for those that enjoy good company and good base crushing.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”