Heroic Defense Rewards.

Please post any suggestions that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Feel free to also encourage Disney with praise of things you like.
DISKDOC

Heroic Defense Rewards.

Post#1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:24 am

The Heroic Defenses are just not worth running for their current rewards. These might have been great for lower level players but the scaling at the higher levels leaves a lot to be desired. It can wreck 30K worth of defenses and rewards you with 20K ore to fix it with. Thats after having a 12K pricetag to play my 3 heros out each time to try and even win it. So basically it's LOSE-LOSE. Or wreck 30K ore defenses and give you 300 contraband.

Would be nice to display a list of rewards so the person winning gets a choice, they could have 50K ore or 60K gold or 300 contraband or 5 crystals. That way the players can pick what reward they want based on what they are saving or trying to produce next. Cause after 30K defense ore and 12K hero gold...the LAST thing I need is 5 rancors.

Also, especially for winning, would be nice for your benefactors to pay to have your defenses reset.
Would have some meaning....restore all your defenses....win a heroic defense.

As it is now there is little reward vs all the risk for running the heroic defenses. If you want to gamble, all it costs you is 30K ore and 12K gold to pull the 1-armed bandit and hope for big money. Though usually you just crap out. In this game...getting 5 rancors does NOT give you the JACKPOT prize.

willit63

Re: Heroic Defense Rewards.

Post#2 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Absolutely agree. By any measure, Heroic Defense is not worth playing. Better to just pretend like it doesn't exist.

Same same goes for revenge battles. NO rewards. Isn't that the entire point of revenge - to recover rewards that were taken? Guess the almighty Lord Dev doesn't see it that way.

Lot's of room for improvement in this app.

BertO
Major General

Post#3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:24 pm

willit63 wrote:Absolutely agree. By any measure, Heroic Defense is not worth playing. Better to just pretend like it doesn't exist.

Same same goes for revenge battles. NO rewards. Isn't that the entire point of revenge - to recover rewards that were taken? Guess the almighty Lord Dev doesn't see it that way.

Lot's of room for improvement in this app.

Ummm.... HDs do deliver reward unit upgrades occasionally for three star wins so for someo fo us they are worth doing even if they result in a nett loss of alloy / credits more regularly than not. And revenges offer normal loot and medals, only revenging a revenge offers no medals.

But yeah. This app does need improvement in lots of areas. I just can't see why you aren't getting loot on revenges.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

FinrodFelagund
Major General

Post#4 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:57 pm

How long have we had HDs, a year now maybe? I just got my first Unit upgrade! The odds are definitely not in our favor.
We used bows, then we discovered bowcasters.
The Pointy-eared folk have a couple openings

maltron66
Captain

Post#5 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:18 am

Everyone's gonna hate me for saying this, but here it goes...
As of lately, I've experienced a sudden change in the significance of the rewards earned from successful hd's. A few minutes ago, I moved to Dandoran. I decided to play the heroic defense for the fun of it, I got 3 stars and BAM! Upgraded my A-Wings to level 2.
A couple of days ago, 2 of my squadmates managed to unlock the vanguard through heroic defenses. The first one did it on Monday, the other one did it just yesterday. And today was my turn...
I don't know if this has to do with the game system itself or if the devs decided to fix the system to make hd's worth playing. All I know is that, as of now, 7 out of god-knows-how-many defenses I've 3-starred have rewarded me with a special unit unlock/upgrade. The hd's alone made me unlock and upgrade Kessen to level 2, unlock and upgrade my A-Wings to level 2 (today) and upgrade my vanguard from level 1 to level 4. Considering how bad other players are having it, I can say for myself that I'm having a blast doing the hd's, coz every once in a great while, the game actually lets me upgrade a special unit.
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

BertO
Major General

Post#6 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:22 am

maltron66 wrote:Everyone's gonna hate me for saying this, but here it goes...
As of lately, I've experienced a sudden change in the significance of the rewards earned from successful hd's. A few minutes ago, I moved to Dandoran. I decided to play the heroic defense for the fun of it, I got 3 stars and BAM! Upgraded my A-Wings to level 2.
A couple of days ago, 2 of my squadmates managed to unlock the vanguard through heroic defenses. The first one did it on Monday, the other one did it just yesterday. And today was my turn...
I don't know if this has to do with the game system itself or if the devs decided to fix the system to make hd's worth playing. All I know is that, as of now, 7 out of god-knows-how-many defenses I've 3-starred have rewarded me with a special unit unlock/upgrade. The hd's alone made me unlock and upgrade Kessen to level 2, unlock and upgrade my A-Wings to level 2 (today) and upgrade my vanguard from level 1 to level 4. Considering how bad other players are having it, I can say for myself that I'm having a blast doing the hd's, coz every once in a great while, the game actually lets me upgrade a special unit.

One of our level eights just had a ridiculous run of upgrades too. Maybe the odds are finally in our favour.
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Live long and prosper.

timjohnshort
Captain

Post#7 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 am

Dang, I might have to look back into HD's, bc in the past, is was previously mentioned they have been almost worthless. I actually like getting units, i.e. Rancors, Han etc., but getting 30k Alloy or credits is usually pretty meaningless (esp credits!).
But being able to get an upgrade would be amazing! I'll have to try again on the HD's some time soon.
Rebel HQ 8 - 5k+ Medals - FarmerWhoopin
proud member of SkywalkersPride

timjohnshort
Captain

Post#8 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:31 am

I normally find it pretty difficult to 3 star an HD. Like I have to use multiple if not all of my heros and mult if not all of my air strikes. This is pretty costly, but could be worth it. I'm curious, what strategy do you take to 3 star a HD??
Rebel HQ 8 - 5k+ Medals - FarmerWhoopin
proud member of SkywalkersPride

maltron66
Captain

Post#9 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am

timjohnshort wrote:

I normally find it pretty difficult to 3 star an HD. Like I have to use multiple if not all of my heros and mult if not all of my air strikes. This is pretty costly, but could be worth it. I'm curious, what strategy do you take to 3 star a HD??

Sometimes it's extremely easy, sometimes the game screws with you and finds a way to destroy half your base within the first 30 seconds. But it's mostly easy.
All I have to use to earn 3 stars on a hd is my heroes (Leia, Luke, Kessen). I never use air strikes in hd's. If you use all of your heroes and drop all of your airforce and still fail, then you must either upgrade your base or you need to change your base layout ASAP.
Proud officer and representative of GreekSpirit
17W-1D-4L in Squad Wars

Python6
Commodore

Post#10 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 am

We have found another great use of HD in my squad. It works really well as a means to dump your SC while under protection to support other squad mates going for Maz or normal donation crate rewards without having to break protection.
Officer ImperialNWA Andriod / IOS Imperial Squad. If you are a new / developing player check out our developmental squads ImperialNWA_II and ImperialNWA_III.
LINE ID is python6swc

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”