Help with IOS

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
Vortimous
Storm Trooper

Help with IOS

Post#1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong area for this, I didn't see a section for help or problems/support.
My son has an iPhone and Ipad. Years ago he set up the game on his ipad and tried it but really didn't play it that much and uninstalled. He then just started playing on his iPhone and forgot he played it on his ipad. It created a new account when he used his iPhone to download the game. Hes leveled up quite a bit and wants to play it on his ipad as well, but when he redownloaded the game, it has his old game he started 3 or 4 years ago. He wants to add the account of his current phone game to the tablet, but I don't know how to do that. On the android (which is what I use) there is a log out button under settings, he doesn't have that option on his phone or tablet. I don't know enough about ipods and iphones to help him so I thought I would ask. He is NOT on facebook so that is not an option. Its only on his iPhone (one game, the one he wants to play on his ipad) and the old game he doesn't want anymore on his ipad that he wants to turn into his iphones game. Does anyone know how to do this or could walk me through what he can do? Hes tired of playing on his small iPhone screen all the time when he has an ipad sitting right there.... Any help is appreciated....

MachineHead
Commodore

Re: Help with IOS

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:07 am

read this tread...but to create a pseudo fb-account could also help...espacally if you wanna Change to Android one day...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=25246
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead(11), Bulldozer(10), NineInchNails(9), Ministry(9), lol(7)
new also a rebel base - called corona

SrgntGlory
Cadet Trooper

Re: Help with IOS

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:41 am

I recently did this to create a new account after returning to the game. The first thing you have to do is log out of the GameCenter in the settings menu of the iPad itself, remove Star Wars Commander and than reinstall it. On the iPhone you need shut down Star Wars Commander and make sure that he is logged into GameCenter in the device settings menu. If he is not logged into GameCenter on the iPhone than do so and than start Star Wars Commander. If there is a Star Wars Commander game file already saved to GameCenter from when he played before he will be asked to choose which game file to keep, the old one that’s in the cloud or to replace that one with the new and current one that’s already on the iPhone. Choose to keep the new and current one. The bottom line is to make sure that GameCenter is tracking the progress of the current game on the iPhone. From here all you need to do is log into the GameCenter on the Ipad and than start the game after you reinstalled it. When he does he will be prompted to log into GameCenter and than the game file he just created using the iPhone will sync to the iPad.
It sounds complicated but its not, it just a lot of steps. In essence your telling the GameCenter cloud to track the progress of the game file that’s on the iPhone and than logging into Star Wars Commander on a new device and letting GameCenter sync up with the new device. I have done this multiple times with different games, its all done the same way. And if he ever wanted to replace his current game and start a new one from scratch than repeat the same process except this time after logging out of GameCenter and reinstalling Star Wars Commander start a new campaign before logging into GameCenter and than quit the game, log into GameCenter, start the game and tell it to replace the old file in the cloud with the new campaign on the device. The old switcharoo.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”