SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: SW Ep XIV - The Return of the CNFO

Post#31 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Matchmaking is FUBAR. Again. Got a few CNFOs right now on Yavin with my Imperial Prestige. No Dev bases anymore, but real full Prestige Rebel bases that I had to attack with the old bait & lure tactic to deal with GR. I got all loot I needed to start an upgrade and left.

And CNFO is also back on Er'Kit for my Rebel Prestige. I neither attacked anyone and in the first trying got CNFO, and more CNFOs... I just needed some credits to complete another unit upgrade, then reload game and bizarre bases started to pop up, like this one I presume is a Dev base:

CNFO didn't affect my low bases. My Rebel HQ 9 is finding Prestige bases sandbaggings that filled my storages in about 2 shots. And my baby Rebel HQ 6 instead of getting rivals at HQ 7 and HQ 8 as usuall (because is maxed out and now with 4k medals), is finding HQ 6 sandbaggings on Yavin and Tatooine that I can clean with half of my loadout. Those bases are giving me the same amount of gears than a HQ 7 or HQ 8, what is making easy to keep in the UC -- I'm less than 1% on both planets with about 16h to go.

The last time I saw bases like these were during Events, much months ago.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#32 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Currently stuck on Tatt, no dev bases, CNFO, slowly watching my UC status slip away.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#33 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Yavin here. huge cnfo issues.

Still playing through as able though.

If lucky im getting 2-3 attacks an hour only. Crazy.

Finally got to uc there.

28,176 1.82% All through cnfo issues since yesterday sometime.

madness.

Good luck. Hope its fixed.

red5red5
Squadron Leader

Post#34 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:41 pm

dev bases on er kit are alive but very strange,just attacked one ranked 17,half prestige half lv 5

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#35 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:30 am

I'm seeing only low level dev bases (400 gears) at the moment. There are also some odd bases with high level HQ and much lower level everything else.

It seems clear to me that the new devs are experimenting.

Let's see where this goes.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#36 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:34 am

DarthLazer wrote:This does remind me exactly of what happened to Windows before its demise, I always thought that prestige was an end game, one last attempt to pull in cash for Disney before handing off the mess to Zynga, who has now handed off to natural motion. Events might calm the storm, but they would need to act fast. this cnfo is out of hand

Zynga and Natural Motion are the same thing. One is the parent company of the other.

Zynga are only just now taking full control of the game.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#37 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:58 am

ObiWanKenobi2016 wrote:I'm seeing only low level dev bases (400 gears) at the moment. There are also some odd bases with high level HQ and much lower level everything else.

It seems clear to me that the new devs are experimenting.

Let's see where this goes.

My Prestige Rebel base on Tatt is getting zero dev bases and lots of CNFO. Currently sitting on 1.9% and slowly going backwards.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

sneakyzapper
Major General

Post#38 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:14 am

Yavin still cnfo issues. gave it 1.5 hrs still nothing new sadly. good luck..

lame stuff here.

TNT
Admiral

Post#39 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:16 am

I was just stuck on Dando for for CNFO's in a row wanting to deploy a hero for an objective. :?

I'm getting a mix of CNFO, Devbases and live bases on all planets.
All devbases are sandbagger bases. I've even encountered devbases with 0 shields. :lol:
They give terrible gears, but when you can clear them with 3-5 jets who cares. You have 0 turnaround time for the next 5 attacks ultimately leading to even higher scores.

Assuming it's the new devs trying to either/or:
- fix the matchmaking problem
- the medal dumping problem
- the problem of huge scores due to dev base targeting by a subsection of players.

Let's just be clear here, this is not the best way to fix any of those problems.
You fix those problem by fixing the armory and/or removing planets to consolidate populations.

The armory is the root of all problems.
Join the OuterRimRioters.
We have spare rooms. :) Also available in trial version. We have a 100% optional discord and war regularly.

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#40 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:13 am

Well, there were plenty of problems before the armory ...

And to me, the armory concept is actually good (different troop multiplier on different planets). It's the implementation and the staging approach which did not take into account the game balance (offense vs defense, active vs non-active, match making) that was the main issue.

I am looking at this recent development (CNFO) as a sign that devs are actively investigating and trying to fix match making and dev bases.

Let gives them a couple of days ...

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”