Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
Boog
Admiral
Posts: 991

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#11 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Give rebels sharpshooter GR, and five minutes later the complaints about the sharpshooter infantry damage multiplier will start and they will never end.


User avatar
mkenobi
Admiral
Posts: 714

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 pm

This again?

Okay... Remember when Imps had Snipers + Astromedics in GR? Remember when Rodians were released with 149% increased damage if i'm not wrong? Then Snipers + Astromedics + Rodians was really OP. This time is over. Astromedics were banned from GR, and Rodian damage was nerfed to half...

As Rebel, I find funny try to kill Rodians with my Jets, and I am sucessful most of the time. Of course, there are bases I don't go because I know they will kick my butt, not because of Rodians but because their layouts built to be a death trap. But most Imps bases I find, I always find a weak point. 2 stars, maybe 3 stars if I want a personal satisfaction more than loot and don't care in spend air or drop my flag...

As Imperial I don't find funny when some Rebel with 22 Jets roll over my base full of Rodians, MHCs and buffed turrets like they are nothing. By otherside, I find funny when some Rebel try to come over my base with 22 jets and fail miserably because he has no attack skills.

Many Rebels insist in say GR Sniper + Rodians is unfair. I agree, while the other side doesn't have something equal. Many Imperials insist in say Rebel Jets are unfair because they are stronger than Jumps. I don't care. This isn't the end of the game. At least, not for me while I can play and win attacks and defenses as Imperial and Rebel.
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10, 45k medals, Rank 16.
Level 10 Imperial on Vacation!
Level 10/8 Rebel on Vacation!


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1379

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#13 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Boog wrote:Give rebels sharpshooter GR, and five minutes later the complaints about the sharpshooter infantry damage multiplier will start and they will never end.


You know it’s sad but truuuUuUuuUeeeee AH!!


rawrebel
Commodore
Posts: 204

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#14 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Plagueis wrote:
rawrebel wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:Rebels do not need GR sharps
Imp sniper GR was near undefeatable when it first came out. Now it is watered down to the point of being relatively easily to deal with
Buffed burst turrets and SC troops pose a much larger threat to rebel attacks than GR snipers, even when rodian skinned.

Rebels need as much as imp need sniper Gr from barracks,since both factions have same attacking LO both should have same defensive means,imps allready have better bursts to counter the jets advantage over jumps ,the snipers have no justifications to exist.
Obviously you never tried to attack a maxed imp base with maxed or nearly rodian snipers Gr and skinned bursts,i tell you,my friend,as 110k rebel player,i only face those ones outside Tat,and with all the resources in play 2 stars are very hard to get,usualy is 1 star or faceplant.
So you should try before you write.


Can burst turrets move or are they still stationary while rebels can enjoy the addition jet buff advantage all over the map as long as they’re out of the range of those bursts?

Don't recall.jets having a longer range than bursts,actually is the exact contrary, while snipers have even a better range,so qhat you say is a nonsens...
Plus jets are the one closing to turrets so don't see why turrets should move around map,but make a request,maybe devs could give imps a mobile turret...you never know...and since 40 % extra buff isn't enough to counter the "almighty" jets maybe they can buff that to 100%!


rawrebel
Commodore
Posts: 204

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#15 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:03 pm

darthdoodie wrote:
rawrebel wrote:Rebels need as much as imp need sniper Gr from barracks,since both factions have same attacking LO both should have same defensive means,imps allready have better bursts to counter the jets advantage over jumps ,the snipers have no justifications to exist.
Obviously you never tried to attack a maxed imp base with maxed or nearly rodian snipers Gr and skinned bursts,i tell you,my friend,as 110k rebel player,i only face those ones outside Tat,and with all the resources in play 2 stars are very hard to get,usualy is 1 star or faceplant.
So you should try before you write.


You should put a bit more thought in before you write...
You think is easy to attack as an Imp?
I have 2 bases, my rebel HQ9 has accumulated 950 Ds THIS year using bantha, infantry, vanguard, buffed rockets.
My HQ9 Imp base has hit some big Rebs and has failed miserably. I even struggle against well designed reb HQ9s It's not always easier on the other side.
Skinned rodians from the SC will destroy attacking forces. I see this every day from attackers hitting my Imp base. If SC isn't in play, they get an easy 2 stars. It's not sniper GR that is the problem.

Lv9 is nothing like lv10 ,we can talk again when ypu reach lv10 with your reb account and get around 100k medals,then you'll see a different game.
As for imp side i also have a lv9 imp account with 2581 base score,so kinda maxed 9 ,therefore i know how is to attack from imp perspective.Not saing is easy but is nothing like other side,with imp account i rarely miss 3 stars,but never faceplant.But as stated above lv9 is nothing like lv10 so i'll see when i get to 10.
So if i write is because i did tried ,wich you obviously didn't.


darthdoodie
Commodore
Posts: 182

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#16 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:54 pm

rawrebel wrote:Lv9 is nothing like lv10 ,we can talk again when ypu reach lv10 with your reb account and get around 100k medals,then you'll see a different game.
As for imp side i also have a lv9 imp account with 2581 base score,so kinda maxed 9 ,therefore i know how is to attack from imp perspective.Not saing is easy but is nothing like other side,with imp account i rarely miss 3 stars,but never faceplant.But as stated above lv9 is nothing like lv10 so i'll see when i get to 10.
So if i write is because i did tried ,wich you obviously didn't.


What are you arguing for?
Do you want better Rebel offense? I said earlier, SC troops and turrets are the better Imp defense, not the GR snipers. So removing GR snipers will have negligible change. What is it about GR snipers that proves so troublesome at HQ10?

Or do you want GR sharps for Rebs, i.e. you want better rebel defense? Are you losing most of your defences currently? I already told you how well my reb base does on defense, half of the attackers being Imp 10s. I don't see a need of Reb GR sharps.

Or do you just want everything to be the same?

So, figure out what you actually want, then come back and "try".


rawrebel
Commodore
Posts: 204

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#17 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 pm

darthdoodie wrote:
What are you arguing for?
Do you want better Rebel offense? I said earlier, SC troops and turrets are the better Imp defense, not the GR snipers. So removing GR snipers will have negligible change. What is it about GR snipers that proves so troublesome at HQ10?

Or do you want GR sharps for Rebs, i.e. you want better rebel defense? Are you losing most of your defences currently? I already told you how well my reb base does on defense, half of the attackers being Imp 10s. I don't see a need of Reb GR sharps.

Or do you just want everything to be the same?

So, figure out what you actually want, then come back and "try".

Nobody is arguing,i just disagree when you say rebs don't need sniper Gr.
There is no reason for one side to have this advantage and other side don't ,that's all.
Since imp allready have them rebels should also have the sniper Gr.
And if there isn't that much of a difference in defense how come every imp have them enabled?
Because make a HUGE difference! Even wit empty Sc 4 rodians spaming every 30 secs that kill one jet every round they fire is unfair for one side and still make them OP.
Talking about lv 8 GR and above with lv8+ rodian skin,just to be clear.
Best wishes,i allready spent to many words on this thread ,like many other ppl before me.


Plagueis
Grand Admiral
Posts: 1379

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#18 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:30 am

rawrebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:
rawrebel wrote:Rebels need as much as imp need sniper Gr from barracks,since both factions have same attacking LO both should have same defensive means,imps allready have better bursts to counter the jets advantage over jumps ,the snipers have no justifications to exist.
Obviously you never tried to attack a maxed imp base with maxed or nearly rodian snipers Gr and skinned bursts,i tell you,my friend,as 110k rebel player,i only face those ones outside Tat,and with all the resources in play 2 stars are very hard to get,usualy is 1 star or faceplant.
So you should try before you write.


Can burst turrets move or are they still stationary while rebels can enjoy the addition jet buff advantage all over the map as long as they’re out of the range of those bursts?

Don't recall.jets having a longer range than bursts,actually is the exact contrary, while snipers have even a better range,so qhat you say is a nonsens...
Plus jets are the one closing to turrets so don't see why turrets should move around map,but make a request,maybe devs could give imps a mobile turret...you never know...and since 40 % extra buff isn't enough to counter the "almighty" jets maybe they can buff that to 100%!


As I see it, attackers have the option of deploying jets to attack buildings out of range of burst turrets and even once they get into range of the bursts, they still have time to destroy another building or two before getting nuked. Attackers have the choice of where to apply that damage and that’s an advantage. Also, everyone says this everytime there’s a buff or nerf: screen your stuff. If a turret does additional damage to a certain unit, put something else in between that unit and the turret that doesn’t match the damage modifier or has better range than the turret. See? No additional 100% buff is needed and rebels can still get around that additional 40%. Just gotta be smart.


User avatar
Spirit
Commodore
Posts: 219

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#19 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 am

Rebs and Imps should not have the same, identical troops as that was never what Star Wars was about. Each side should have very different troops with their own charecteristics. In the past 12 months or so everything is moving towards identical stuff. There will soon be only 1 faction.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks


TNT
Major General
Posts: 367

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#20 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:12 am

Plagueis wrote:As I see it, attackers have the option of deploying jets to attack buildings out of range of burst turrets and even once they get into range of the bursts, they still have time to destroy another building or two before getting nuked. Attackers have the choice of where to apply that damage and that’s an advantage. Also, everyone says this everytime there’s a buff or nerf: screen your stuff. If a turret does additional damage to a certain unit, put something else in between that unit and the turret that doesn’t match the damage modifier or has better range than the turret. See? No additional 100% buff is needed and rebels can still get around that additional 40%. Just gotta be smart.



Let's just be clear on one thing:

Rodian Guard Reserve:
Two shots standard troopers with lvl9 skins.
One clips heavy troopers with lvl7 skins.
Two shots hails.
Two shots medics.
One shots Banthas.
One shots Wookies. (which Burst turrets have a multiplier against)
One shots Pathfinders.
One shots Pilots.
One shots Oppressors (lol, who even uses those things).
Two shots Vanguards.
One clips Sharpshooters. (I don't know about sullustans)
Needs about 2-3 clips for a jet with lvl6 skins.
Takes a pretty long time taking out a TX, which the rodians ignore until everything else is dead so everyone can help.

All units are outranged by at least 3 spaces. Heavies only have 15 speed so they can't close the gap before getting multiple clips in their face.
All Snipers/Sharpshooters have that weird thing going on that once they start shooting they keep shooting and apparently don't need time to acquire a new target.

You spawn 4 of those guys after 5 seconds, and another 4 after 30 seconds and another 4 after 30 more seconds and that's ignoring the SC.

From that list, please tell me which units I can use to screen?

Meanwhile burst turrets have a bonus against bruiser units (which the TX is) and they have longer range than the rebel version of the TX.

Lastly, the units you are struggling with on offense are also spawning. (You know including, the inferior to Dewbacks, Banthas.)
You never hear rebels about that last thing.

No one in my Squad plays PVP unless they really need to and even then it's mostly on Hoth there days, because the endless samey bases filled with Rodians aren't fun.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.


Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests