Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
MarshallMatrix
Squadron Leader

Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Dear Developers, why does the Rebels Barrack Defense only have Vangard, while the Empire Barracks Defense can have their Rodian Recon Sharpshooters!?

This is on a whole other level of unfairness. Did someone just forget this egregious decision?

Either make both Barrack defenses in Armory, Vangards or Recon Sharpshooters.
AWookieNation

rawrebel
Commodore

Re: Rebel Barrack Vangard vs Empire Rodian Recon Sharpshooter is no contest

Post#2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:16 pm

This is an old debate,and of course there is no match between the 2 units,Sniper Gr combined with rodian skin is the stronghest defensive unit in game,and is unfair that only one faction have them.
Vans are only a bad joke from devs,totaly useless and every imp know that but they'll never admitit.

DeathStriker

INFO: History of Rebel Vanguard / Empire Sniper GR

Post#3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:50 pm

This Topic has been debated since the introduction of the Rebel Guard Reserve: Anti-vehicle (Vanguard) and Empire Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry (Sniper + Astromedic) a year ago today with the release of Version 4.11.0.

The "logic" at that time was Rebel Faction needed more defense for attacks from Imperial Vehicle Loadouts and Empire Faction needed more defense for attacks from Rebel Infantry Loadouts.

With the introduction of Desert Jetpack Troopers and Desert Jump Troopers in Desert Ops Part III less then one month after the introduction of Guard Reserve (Version 4.11.0) the rise of the Buffed Jetpack / Jump Swarm Attacks began which essentially nullified the Rebels need / use of the Vanguard Guard Reserve while at the same time the Empire Faction continued to enjoy their Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry (Sniper + Astromedic) that made quick work of Buffed Rebel Jet Swarms.

ADDING insult to injury, in October 2017, we saw the introduction of the Rebel Sullustan Recon Sharpshooter and Empire Rodian Recon Sniper Armory Equipment during the first Naval Assault Event. While the Rebel Faction could skin their Sharpshooter Units the Empire received a double-bonus whereby their Empire Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry (Sniper + Astromedic) could now also be further Buffed by addtion of the Rodan Recon Sniper Armory Equipment.

In November 2017, during the Tactical Defense Event II the Rebels got some small relief as a result of a Hotfix which removed the Imperial Astromedic from the Empire Guard Reserve: Anti-infantry (Sniper).

Since November 2017, the call for Rebel Faction to get Sharpshooter Guard Reserve has been debated in multiple Topics and Posts on this Forum.

So far these cries for help by the Rebel Faction have gone un-responded by the Disney Developers. And so the debate continues...

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#4 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Rebels do not need GR sharps
Imp sniper GR was near undefeatable when it first came out. Now it is watered down to the point of being relatively easily to deal with
Buffed burst turrets and SC troops pose a much larger threat to rebel attacks than GR snipers, even when rodian skinned.

Boog
Admiral

Post#5 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 pm

The average rebel has 22% more attack wins and 40% more defensive wins than the average imp. How is the game tilted towards imps? It's not. Awesome job starting two threads on this, though.

http://ksod.us/stats

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#6 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:14 pm

darthdoodie wrote:Rebels do not need GR sharps
Imp sniper GR was near undefeatable when it first came out. Now it is watered down to the point of being relatively easily to deal with
Buffed burst turrets and SC troops pose a much larger threat to rebel attacks than GR snipers, even when rodian skinned.

Rebels need as much as imp need sniper Gr from barracks,since both factions have same attacking LO both should have same defensive means,imps allready have better bursts to counter the jets advantage over jumps ,the snipers have no justifications to exist.
Obviously you never tried to attack a maxed imp base with maxed or nearly rodian snipers Gr and skinned bursts,i tell you,my friend,as 110k rebel player,i only face those ones outside Tat,and with all the resources in play 2 stars are very hard to get,usualy is 1 star or faceplant.
So you should try before you write.

darthdoodie
Commodore

Post#7 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:40 pm

rawrebel wrote:Rebels need as much as imp need sniper Gr from barracks,since both factions have same attacking LO both should have same defensive means,imps allready have better bursts to counter the jets advantage over jumps ,the snipers have no justifications to exist.
Obviously you never tried to attack a maxed imp base with maxed or nearly rodian snipers Gr and skinned bursts,i tell you,my friend,as 110k rebel player,i only face those ones outside Tat,and with all the resources in play 2 stars are very hard to get,usualy is 1 star or faceplant.

You should put a bit more thought in before you write...
You think is easy to attack as an Imp?
I have 2 bases, my rebel HQ9 has accumulated 950 Ds THIS year using bantha, infantry, vanguard, buffed rockets.
My HQ9 Imp base has hit some big Rebs and has failed miserably. I even struggle against well designed reb HQ9s It's not always easier on the other side.
Skinned rodians from the SC will destroy attacking forces. I see this every day from attackers hitting my Imp base. If SC isn't in play, they get an easy 2 stars. It's not sniper GR that is the problem.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:53 pm

rawrebel wrote:
darthdoodie wrote:Rebels do not need GR sharps

Rebels need as much as imp need sniper Gr from barracks,since both factions have same attacking LO both should have same defensive means,imps allready have better bursts to counter the jets advantage over jumps ,the snipers have no justifications to exist.

Can burst turrets move or are they still stationary while rebels can enjoy the addition jet buff advantage all over the map as long as they’re out of the range of those bursts?

Euph
Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:51 pm

As I recently said in another thread I think they should just give them the sharp GR and give us shock GR. I can see their point, and it's obvious they're never going to shut up about it.

Give 'em more frags to chase. I'm sure someone will complain about that too and demand frag reparations.
Sith-Society
Mature HQ10. Immature meat-bag.
The wall bug giveth, and the wall bug taketh away

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Euph wrote:As I recently said in another thread I think they should just give them the sharp GR and give us shock GR. I can see their point, and it's obvious they're never going to shut up about it.

Give 'em more frags to chase. I'm sure someone will complain about that too and demand frag reparations.

I would happily let rebels have GR sullustans just to take away that excuse and repeated threads being created claiming “imbalance”. I’ll find a way around GR sullustans just like many rebels have found a way around GR rodians.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”