Offensive Walker Glitches

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
User avatar
ColonelScar
Squadron Leader
Posts: 24

Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi, I’m an Imperial and many a time I’ve lost a battle because my Elite AT-AT walked in place while rocket turrents shot the cr*p out of it. I love this game, I love this hero, so please do fix this if you’re a Developer and you read this


User avatar
Spirit
Commodore
Posts: 219

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:33 am

It is hard to work out the AI on the Eatat at times. (If there is any).
While it is the only hero I use, it doesnt always behave as expected. You are right that they walk in front of turrets to get shiellds. Try to put the Eatat down so it has a good path to the shields. Sometimes I use a kubaz to take out last shield if Eatat is going walkabout or use pigs or dews to shield the Eatat.
Despite all that it can still just turn around and wander off for a tour of the reb base.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks


DarkRebel
Admiral
Posts: 762

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#3 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:25 am

ColonelScar wrote:Hi, I’m an Imperial and many a time I’ve lost a battle because my Elite AT-AT walked in place while rocket turrents shot the cr*p out of it. I love this game, I love this hero, so please do fix this if you’re a Developer and you read this

As a base designer, this is exactly how I would like to design my rebel base, to get novice player like you :)
There should be no fixing.
The player needs to understand the unit better, understand how to deploy troops, how to use each unit strength and compensate for its weakness. That's skills. That's the strategy part of the game.
eATAT, though considered the best unit in the game, still needs to have support troops. eATAT chases shields. It may take down building on it's direct path to the shield, and ignore everything else. Only after all shields are destroyed, then eATAT turns into generalist and hit nearest object.
Rocket turrets need to be screened (by gamorean or dark trooper). And deploy MHCs walking along side with eATAT (good combo here). Bring other troops (like heavies) to clear the path for MHCs (this one is stupid also).

Jumps/jets are probably the easiest units to use (also the most boring unit) because they target closest unit and fly over walls. Not much AI to worry about. Most other units, you need watch the replays, pay attention to the unit pathing (does it avoid walls and walk around it ?)

Learning the opponent unit's AI can help you become a better defense players (to design base to trick opponent troops into doing things that you want them to do).


User avatar
ColonelScar
Squadron Leader
Posts: 24

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#4 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 am

DarkRebel wrote:
ColonelScar wrote:Hi, I’m an Imperial and many a time I’ve lost a battle because my Elite AT-AT walked in place while rocket turrents shot the cr*p out of it. I love this game, I love this hero, so please do fix this if you’re a Developer and you read this

As a base designer, this is exactly how I would like to design my rebel base, to get novice player like you :)
There should be no fixing.
The player needs to understand the unit better, understand how to deploy troops, how to use each unit strength and compensate for its weakness. That's skills. That's the strategy part of the game.
eATAT, though considered the best unit in the game, still needs to have support troops. eATAT chases shields. It may take down building on it's direct path to the shield, and ignore everything else. Only after all shields are destroyed, then eATAT turns into generalist and hit nearest object.
Rocket turrets need to be screened (by gamorean or dark trooper). And deploy MHCs walking along side with eATAT (good combo here). Bring other troops (like heavies) to clear the path for MHCs (this one is stupid also).

Jumps/jets are probably the easiest units to use (also the most boring unit) because they target closest unit and fly over walls. Not much AI to worry about. Most other units, you need watch the replays, pay attention to the unit pathing (does it avoid walls and walk around it ?)

Learning the opponent unit's AI can help you become a better defense players (to design base to trick opponent troops into doing things that you want them to do).



True, (not a novice btw, I’ve played since 2016 lol, just new to the forum, though I can tell you are more experienced so I concede that comparatively I am ). I do appreciate that good advice and I use the Elite AT-AT as more of a damage soaker and a shield destroyer and that is probably a bad idea, I’ll try more use of Gamoreans and bruisers. I typically use the ATAT to soak damage while UMPs shoot out the turrents from behind and an AT-DP acts as backup and the armor is supported by Jump and Storm troopers. I agree things are part of strategy but sometimes the ATAT just walks in place when there isn’t even a building there, I agree on working strategy but I just believe that glitches should be fixed is all. And true, I ought to learn more about enemy units in order to set up a better defense, my only trick is putting a couple Idt traps where enemies have to go and a TIE striker in a gap in my walls. I’ll be examining my own and the enemy more carefully now and I appreciate the advice, As Thrawn said, You must know your enemy


Jaksemate
Commander
Posts: 32

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#5 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 am

ColonelScar

Mine did something funny also the other day after the last update. Jumps popped shields and eATAT usually attacks closest target after but mine homed in on something, walked thru a cluster of turrets and died. no there was no shield being upgraded but maybe there was a loose squirl on the base that i didnt catch on the replay. I need to move back to a forest planet and see if it was a one time thing. Could also be mine is now broken from all if the 360 degree dance moves its done in the past.


User avatar
DeathStriker
Moderator
Posts: 4019

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#6 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 am

Jaksemate wrote:Could also be mine (eAT-AT) is now broken from all if the 360 degree dance moves its done in the past.

Jaksemate - eAT-AT doing "break dancing" LOL :lol:
 
Image
Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!


User avatar
ColonelScar
Squadron Leader
Posts: 24

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#7 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:35 am

Spirit wrote:It is hard to work out the AI on the Eatat at times. (If there is any).
While it is the only hero I use, it doesnt always behave as expected. You are right that they walk in front of turrets to get shiellds. Try to put the Eatat down so it has a good path to the shields. Sometimes I use a kubaz to take out last shield if Eatat is going walkabout or use pigs or dews to shield the Eatat.
Despite all that it can still just turn around and wander off for a tour of the reb base.

That’s a good plan but I only have a few Kunaz in reserve and I haven’t unlocked them to train, haven’t found enough fragments so I can’t become to dependent on them, but yeah I try to position the walker well but sometimes it isn’t good enough. My problem is more when the walker glitches and will not move nor shoot, I actually use it as a damage soaker and a Destroyer. Though I do need to use more bruisers as I’m a little to reliant on walkers, though I use jump troopers to distract turrents from the eatat


User avatar
Spirit
Commodore
Posts: 219

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#8 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:02 am

Good luck in your games ColonelScar. To be fair, we all learn something new every day, which is part of the enjoyment in this game.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks


User avatar
ColonelScar
Squadron Leader
Posts: 24

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#9 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:45 am

Jaksemate wrote:ColonelScar

Mine did something funny also the other day after the last update. Jumps popped shields and eATAT usually attacks closest target after but mine homed in on something, walked thru a cluster of turrets and died. no there was no shield being upgraded but maybe there was a loose squirl on the base that i didnt catch on the replay. I need to move back to a forest planet and see if it was a one time thing. Could also be mine is now broken from all if the 360 degree dance moves its done in the past.

That happened to me a couple times too, the Elite AT-AT is really powerful (especially now that I got the armory skin, it looks me shotted a level 9 HQ) but it can be really glitchy sometimes and I really hope that changes because it can make someone lose an offensive because of a glitch completely out of their control


User avatar
ColonelScar
Squadron Leader
Posts: 24

Re: Offensive Walker Glitches

Post#10 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Spirit wrote:Good luck in your games ColonelScar. To be fair, we all learn something new every day, which is part of the enjoyment in this game.


Very true my friend


Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests