Unable to get a match

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
rawrebel
Commodore

Unable to get a match

Post#1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:18 am

I tried to start war monday around 5pm Et ,for over 2 hours and did not get a match,with my rebel squad.
Usualy we get matched in seconds.
Wander if anyone had similar experience

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Re: Unable to get a match

Post#2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 am

Matchmaking in wars is taking longer and longer, and getting more and more sporadic, as time goes by for Rebels.

It may have always been this way for Imperials.

I don't know if this difficulty arises from fewer active squads to match with, or a change in matchmaking. My suspicion is the former, but I have no basis for that claim.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:50 am

Like Pheonix, we see similar things in our squad. We've started to consider a long wait as a positive sign that we might... might get a fair match.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
FriendsofOB1: A Level 45 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Spirit
Commodore

Post#4 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:57 am

It would be interesting to hear if your matches are "fairer" after the longer wait.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks - join us

Gatekeeper for ProLeague. A vacant lev44 Imp squad, available to take over.

rawrebel
Commodore

Post#5 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 am

ChiptheFish wrote:Like Pheonix, we see similar things in our squad. We've started to consider a long wait as a positive sign that we might... might get a fair match.

And did you get a fairer match?
Just curious,we are used to get matched 70% of times with squads from rank 25 to 400 ,rest are under but we were ready for them.we are rank 260 more or less.
Talking about ksod.
I can consider the matches fair enough.
Was wanderimg how would be the matching after a long wait

PhoenixAZ1899
Admiral

Post#6 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:18 am

Negative on the fair matching. The tendency we've found is that if we are not matched within 5 minutes, we won't be matched at all. The matchmaking runs for the full 24 or 48 hours (I can't remember which) and then times out completely.
Chasin' after my fortune & glory
148,300 medals. Max 10 Base. Free to play (use air and SC only in emergencies). Not bragging: these stats tell you what I am seeing at my level. Your mileage will vary.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:38 pm

PhoenixAZ1899 wrote:The matchmaking runs for the full 24 or 48 hours (I can't remember which) and then times out completely.

The game calmly tells all Players that it may take up to 48 Hours to find a Match. I don't know many Squads that would allow the Squad War Matchmaking Process to continue past a point where - IF - there was a Match it may be at a Time when most of the Squad will not be able to be on at Start.

Most Veteran Squads know that most Squad Wars are mostly Won or have the most Battles within the first 1.5 hours following Start. If a Squad gets to 45 without any Opposition than the "other" Squad is left with two decisions - work on Tying Score (with the luke-warm Stalemate Rewards as a result) - or - Not bother and accept the laughable Salvage Rewards.

Most Squads, I presume are now starting their Squad War Matchmaking "earlier" then their "norm" to allow for a longer Matchmaking Process.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#8 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:36 am

I have a feeling that more and more players quitting squad wars (even when this is the most interesting part of the game, IMHO), and the game in general.

In my IMP squad, it takes an effort to get/convince the guys to sign up for war even only once a week. And it's not like we are losing every match. We were winning most of the time, and beating some tough squads out there and the wars have been exciting. We used to war twice a week.

The fact that it takes rebels longer to find a match is very alarming ...

Spirit
Commodore

Post#9 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Wars were the most intetesting part but I have not had a war in months. Just fed up of the ridiculous match ups. I leave any squad that intends to include me in war. It is a shame as I used to enjoy that aspect, but not now. I know many who feel the same.
Player name Ghost. A level 10 Imperial hitman. Feel the force.

Member of PinkFloyd ( The squad not the band!) Level 45 perks - join us

Gatekeeper for ProLeague. A vacant lev44 Imp squad, available to take over.

ZephyrExpress
Squadron Leader

Post#10 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Matchmaking is definitely taking a lot longer than it used to take. Our experience is the longer it takes, the more un-balanced the match will be. That un-balance goes both ways. If it takes over 2 hours after initiating, we are either getting matched up against much tougher squads and getting killed, or getting matched up against much weaker squads and crushing them. Either scenario is not very fun.
Level 9 Rebel Player
Leader of the Squad "Kenobi's_Padawan"

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”