Failure to initialize

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
JardDooku
Commander

Failure to initialize

Post#1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 am

Since the latest update I haven't been able to play the game. This screen is keep appearing as I install and re-install the game again and again. I have contacted DIsney and waiting a fix for my issues! I have made this post in order to help and get help from other Commanders that have the same issue! I hope they will fix it soon enough!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi_Order_CE L10 Windows
Jard Dooku SONS_OF_DEATH L10 Android

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Re: Failure to initialize

Post#2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 am

This update (version 6.0.0) is the greatest proof of stupidity I have ever seen in a company that aims to produce games for mobile phones. Disney released an excellent version last month just to optimize the game, with faster loading and better performance to run on older devices.

And a month later, Disney threw away that version (which was pretty good by the way) to launch this stupid update, which seems to be the first mobile game that does not work on many of the cell phones currently in use...

Now those who can't run the game anymore have two options: wait for Disney to restore the previous update or to buy a more modern phone.

Lucasfilm + Disney Interactive = Ruining your life every day...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ Prestige in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ Prestige / HQ 8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

XitLiteNtrNite
Commodore

Post#3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:51 am

I have received the same error on my Chromebook, which supports Google Play store. The install is successful, but then the pop-up error is displayed when trying to start it. I have an open ticket with Disney, which I opened a couple of days ago and have exchanged a couple of e-mails (about 1 day turnaround per response provided). I'll wait and see what their response is to the information I provided (OS, Android version, ect.)
In game name: Paper Tiger, officer in Hostile.Warfare
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: #6882

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:12 am

System Requirements for Unity 2017.3
(A version Newer than the current Version 2017.2.1p4 used in SWC - found in Settings > About)

For running Unity games SOURCE: here

Generally content developed with Unity can run pretty much everywhere. How well it runs is dependent on the complexity of your project. More detailed requirements:

• Desktop:

• OS: Windows Vista SP1+, Mac OS X 10.9+, Ubuntu 12.04+, SteamOS+.
    • Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities.
    • CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.
  • iOS:

• Player requires iOS 7.0 or higher.
  • Android:

• OS 4.1 or later
    • ARMv7 CPU with NEON support or Atom CPU
    • OpenGL ES 2.0 or later.
  • WebGL:

Any recent desktop version of Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari.
  • Universal Windows Platform:

• Windows 10 and a graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities
Posted for Reference...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

JardDooku
Commander

Post#5 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:18 am

@mkenobi I'll wait for them to restore it.
I send some mails to them and I got a responce that they admitted the issues and they told me they are investigating.
I was so nervous cause it reminded me of the windows servers closure. I hope we get news soon!I'll send them another mail tomorrow asking for news and an update for the issue
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi_Order_CE L10 Windows
Jard Dooku SONS_OF_DEATH L10 Android

Hanger18

Post#6 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am

So I have had the same issue with this failure issue. I have an asus tab running Android the game was working fine until the update. They try to say my hardware won’t support I said it was fine before your stupid update. Isn’t the first time this happened it has happened before. You would think they would get their sh$t together and fix this problem that has apparently existed for sometime now. It’s been well over 72hrs since there last response. I have already uninstalled the game thinking it would fix and no.. hope they fix this..

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”