Error 701 on Galaxy Map

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
Daddio
Squadron Leader

Error 701 on Galaxy Map

Post#1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:50 am

One of my accounts and at least one other from my squad have been unable to view the Galaxy Map since yesterday. Doing so causes an Error 701 within just a couple of seconds.

Command Failed!
The server was unable to execute the command. Please reload and try again. If the problem continues please contact customer support

This also happens specifically for me trying to view Takodana. It won't let me relocate there before the above error message appears with a button to reload. There is a constant "1" on the play button on the lower left of the home screen , indicating a new event that also cannot be cleared because of the error.

I guess I will have to contact support, as it has been this way since the new conflicts on all planets (Desert Jets/Jumps) came out - closing in on 24 hours.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Shelendil
Admiral

Re: Error 701 on Galaxy Map

Post#2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 pm

You can still change planets by going through the planetary command.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

Slayme
Commander

Post#3 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Daddio, I've got the same problem. The number displayed on the Play button for me is 4. I can move between Dandoran and Er'Kit, but that's all.

Shelendil, I've tried going through the Planetary Command. Doing so doesn't automatically trigger the 701 error, however trying to relocate to a world does.

I've sent an email to the developers. Their reply was to say that this is "a strange thing to be experiencing", and asked for screen shots of the error and my game info, as well as info about my devices.

Hopefully they will have a fix out for this soon.
Leader of SITH_COMMANDOS squad.
Head of the SITH Ruling Council.

Slayme
Commander

Post#4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Two days on and no fix from the developers. I feel that I'm gonna get ripped off in this Galactic Conflict for Jump Trooper Equipment.

Daddio
Squadron Leader

Post#5 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:26 pm

I heard back again from support that they have "passed this on to the developers." (This after 3 days) They acknowledged that:

"a few players have reported this error 701 issue on their device so I can assure you the developers are currently working hard to resolve the issue. There is no estimated time on when this may be fixed, but when a solution is found, it will be updated in a future patch."

I received this yesterday. I will try to post any relevant updates.

Daddio
Squadron Leader

Post#6 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Update: Post Desert Conflict End on 3/26

The Error 701 now happens for me anytime I hit play from my home screen within seconds. I cannot relocate. I cannot attack anyone (was attacking on Tatooine right up until the conflict ended). Error 701 is PREVENTING me from even PLAYING SWC.

I also have red notifications for all 6 planets (announcing the start of the new Arctic conflict tomorrow), which cannot be cleared.

It's hard to play a game that doesn't let you do anything, but perhaps Heroic Defenses (only on the planet I'm stranded on) and maybe squad war.

I have updated my status with my support ticket. I really hope this gets resolved soon. Argh...

Slayme
Commander

Post#7 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm in the same boat here Daddio.

Daddio
Squadron Leader

Post#8 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Looks like it is now fixed for me and for my squaddie with the same issue. Suggest trying again, Slayme...

Slayme
Commander

Post#9 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Everything is working again.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”