Sorry, replay is currently unavailable

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
LordWader
Commodore

Sorry, replay is currently unavailable

Post#1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:00 am

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but I have noticed lately that when I try to watch a replay of an attack or a defense, I am getting a lot of "sorry, replay is currently unavailable" messages.

I get this message mainly with attacks on dev bases, but I will still get the message on the odd attack (or defense) against a live base. However, it still should not be happening and, further, I have been on the same planet all week so it wouldn't be from planet hooping.

I have not contacted support yet, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

DeathStriker

Re: Sorry, replay is currently unavailable

Post#2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 am

LordWader wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but I have noticed lately that when I try to watch a replay of an attack or a defense, I am getting a lot of "sorry, replay is currently unavailable" messages.

I get this message mainly with attacks on dev bases, but I will still get the message on the odd attack (or defense) against a live base. However, it still should not be happening and, further, I have been on the same planet all week so it wouldn't be from planet hooping.

I have not contacted support yet, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

LordWader - I have seen this occur. Don't know real reason other than maybe due some kind of "Server Maintenance" that is not effecting Game Play - but to be honest - I really don't know.

The "option" of viewing a Replay disappears after Hotfixes and Game Updates but the "issue" you describe does occur randomly and is not a "game breaker".

Often you will be able to view "other" Replays but no just certain ones...

Sorry if I didn't provide much help...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

LordWader
Commodore

Post#3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks DS, it helps! Glad to know that this is not a new issue, even though this week is the first time I have seen it. Just a small bit of pain as my son wanted to show me his 100% attack but I could not watch it and we are separated by some 8,000 miles at the moment, so I cannot watch on his device.

On a different note, I had mentioned that the original reward for the final week of the event system was the Fathier Rider, but it was recently showing as the "Ape Man". Just wondering if there was any update on what the final reward week will be and if there is any news on what event(s) will follow TLJ events system. Thank You!

ZeroCool
Captain

Post#4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:53 am

This is not an issue, but for everyone, the replays are on a timer based purge, after so many hours, more or less to keep the server farms maintained. Even though they can purge manually, and most likely do, They will keep backups, for those just in Case "Cheater" Scenarios. This practice is very common in gaming, and has been for quite some time.
What Doesn't Kill You - Just Makes You Stranger

SnowFox
Commander

Post#5 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:53 pm

ZeroCool wrote:This is not an issue, but for everyone, the replays are on a timer based purge, after so many hours, more or less to keep the server farms maintained. Even though they can purge manually, and most likely do, They will keep backups, for those just in Case "Cheater" Scenarios. This practice is very common in gaming, and has been for quite some time.

I have the same thing going on with my Battle Log except I am not getting the "reply is unavailable" notice. Instead, all my options have disappeared besides my "revenge" button. Is this what you're talking about ZeroCool? Or is this another issue?

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:28 pm

When a hotfix is applied, replays become unavailable.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

ZeroCool
Captain

Post#7 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm

anytime they do an update or purge for maintenance thats a normal scheduled procedure for all servers
What Doesn't Kill You - Just Makes You Stranger

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”