Game requres an update, but no updates available

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
Tesslo
Cadet Trooper

Game requres an update, but no updates available

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Cant start the game, message is "Update available, plz update the game" or something, but there are no updates available in AppStore.

Solved.

Plagueis
Admiral

Re: Game requres an update, but no updates available

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 pm

I believe it’s the size of the update (over 200mb) that’s the issue and if you’re not using WiFi. I had the same issue and had to do this to work around the 100mb iOS file size download limit: Click to update, immediately set your device on airplane mode and then hold the power button to shut down. Restart your device, open the App Store and look at the downloads icon. With any luck you’ll see SWC updating.

Lolkje
Lieutenant

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Similar issue. I go into the App Store in iOS, but I don’t have an option to update. It just says Open. I tried turning my WiFi off and on, and restarting my phone.

Edited to add: the update wouldn’t work in low power mode, or when my battery was less than 20%. When my battery got high enough, the download started.

Shelendil
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:27 am

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.
2. Force a refresh of the update tab in the app store by pulling down on the top.
ShadyRebels24
You know you wanna be shady ;)

DarkRebel
Major General

Post#5 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:09 am

Ran into the same problem, not seeing the update from the App Store, on both iPhone and iPad (so iOS) and running with the latest version.

And no, recycling the App Store did not help.

Had to uninstall and reinstall to get the new version.

It happened before too, in the previous update. So it's not new, but very annoying.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”