Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:25 am

I just started to research the equipment that will max out my Rapid Fire Turret Heat Sinks to X (lucky me - they'll help my Heroics). However, I then opened up a Daily Tactical Crate and received more RF-HS frags, despite the fact that these will, of course, be completely useless. I then completed a donation crate to my squad, and also received RF-HS Turret frags. I now have 19/330...

Until I STARTED the upgrade however, I was receiving credits instead of Turret frags as compensation. This was because I've also earned enough fragments to max out my OTHER Turret defences if I want (again, lucky me, but who's bothering with Mortars these days...?), and so I was constantly receiving credits when completing the 'middle' daily troop crates. So I would imagine when I do upgrade any of the OTHER turrets, the same thing might happen…? I'm not sure I understand this - as you can't cancel this type of upgrade, and I can't upgrade the Turret Heat Sink any further, I can't see what good these fragments could possibly do - the Credits were better, TBH. So a glitch/oversight here, surely...?

This isn't so much a problem, but I was wondering if other players have experienced similar – and if so, more importantly, did you STOP receiving the frags once the Turret upgrade was actually completed?

(I'll report myself what happens when the Upgrade completes, but I'm guessing I'm looking at eight days worth of 'dead' fragments here…!)


DarkRebel
Major General
Posts: 423

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:48 am

Apparently, there is a bug that while an equipment/troop is under upgrade (in the research centre) then you can continue to receive frags for them, even though you already had enough frags for max level.


User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#3 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:58 am

DarkRebel wrote:Apparently, there is a bug that while an equipment/troop is under upgrade (in the research centre) then you can continue to receive frags for them, even though you already had enough frags for max level.

That's what I was afraid of. The downside of having a backlog of upgrades waiting, I suppose… Its a not a bad problem to have, just one that shouldn't really exist...


User avatar
Swad
Major General
Posts: 416

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#4 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:20 am

I have many hundreds of excess frags because I never upgraded any structures to the max. Eg my HQ skin is lev 9 and I have over 1000 frags spare. I understand that once maxed, only credits are received and no more frags.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.


DarkRebel
Major General
Posts: 423

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#5 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:26 am

Swad wrote:I have many hundreds of excess frags because I never upgraded any structures to the max. Eg my HQ skin is lev 9 and I have over 1000 frags spare. I understand that once maxed, only credits are received and no more frags.

Once type 1 equipments (HQ, walls, collectors) are maxed or you have achieved maximum number of frags to get them to max level, then you'll receive frags for type 2 equipments (turrets). This is where I am at the moment.
Once all type 2 equipments (turrets) are maxed, then I *think* (as I haven't achieved this) you'd get credits.


User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#6 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Swad wrote:I have many hundreds of excess frags because I never upgraded any structures to the max. Eg my HQ skin is lev 9 and I have over 1000 frags spare. I understand that once maxed, only credits are received and no more frags.

Once type 1 equipments (HQ, walls, collectors) are maxed or you have achieved maximum number of frags to get them to max level, then you'll receive frags for type 2 equipments (turrets). This is where I am at the moment.
Once all type 2 equipments (turrets) are maxed, then I *think* (as I haven't achieved this) you'd get credits.


Yes, DarkRebel, that is indeed the case. I wasn't getting any fragments at all for structures or turrets as I had earned enough to max them all, I was just getting credits as compensation. This bug just means I'm suddenly earning frags for a non-existent upgrade, and so this might also happen if I upgrade structures too.

(as you max out each item, you'll notice you receive more of the OTHER types instead - so as I ws finishing, I noticed i was getting tons of Rocket fragments, purely because it was the final thing to max.)


DarkRebel
Major General
Posts: 423

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#7 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:47 am

DarthHunter wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Swad wrote:I have many hundreds of excess frags because I never upgraded any structures to the max. Eg my HQ skin is lev 9 and I have over 1000 frags spare. I understand that once maxed, only credits are received and no more frags.

Once type 1 equipments (HQ, walls, collectors) are maxed or you have achieved maximum number of frags to get them to max level, then you'll receive frags for type 2 equipments (turrets). This is where I am at the moment.
Once all type 2 equipments (turrets) are maxed, then I *think* (as I haven't achieved this) you'd get credits.

Yes, DarkRebel, that is indeed the case. I wasn't getting any fragments at all for structures or turrets as I had earned enough to max them all, I was just getting credits as compensation. This bug just means I'm suddenly earning frags for a non-existent upgrade, and so this might also happen if I upgrade structures too.

(as you max out each item, you'll notice you receive more of the OTHER types instead - so as I ws finishing, I noticed i was getting tons of Rocket fragments, purely because it was the final thing to max.)

Credits are also (mostly) useless nowadays, so not sure it matters either way (useless credits or useless frags) :)
Game developer should think about rewarding players with something else more useful. I think type 3 frags would be VERY MUCH WELCOME here. Even a couple of type 3 frags is better than nothing. (Same story for squad war crates when you have achieved max levels for classic units.)


User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#8 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:01 am

DarkRebel wrote:Game developer should think about rewarding players with something else more useful. I think type 3 frags would be VERY MUCH WELCOME here. Even a couple of type 3 frags is better than nothing. (Same story for squad war crates when you have achieved max levels for classic units.)

Hmm, I would like that obviously, but also I think that would just fuel the whole 'the strong just get stronger' argument, I think...

As an Imp, even a little credit boost does still come in useful, especially in Conflicts. While we're lucky enough to get Dev bases, they also turn up very little loot. And I've been on Dandoran all day and, to be honest, I've not been seeing many actual Rebs to attack, and all the while my Credit reserves have been dwindling… meh. Problems, non-problems… ;)


User avatar
DarthHunter
Captain
Posts: 53

Re: Turret Equipment max fragment glitch?

Post#9 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 am

Just an update on this one. I continued to receive frags for the Rapid Fire Turret Heat Sink. With two days to go on the upgrade, I earned the max 330 again, as all the carbonate and dyrasteel crates were rewarding them. Once that total was reached, I began to receive Credits again instead. So, as I have maxed fragments for all the other equipment and structures, I expect this will happen everytime I upgrade defensive or structure equipment from IX to X, unless the Devs address the issue in the meantime.

The problem for other people is that they might be awarded useless frags if they upgrade a turret/structure item from IX to X if they haven't earned enough to max out everything else. Just something to keep in mind...


Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests