ISSUE: Constant Random Game Crashes

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
DeathStriker

ISSUE: Constant Random Game Crashes

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 am

This issue is being posted using Version 4.9.1 (or later) but has been seen more and more since 4.6.0.

ISSUE: Game crashes without error while doing random action while playing.

Some (but not all) of where I have seen this "issue":

1. While using the [<] Left or [>] Right Buttons (skip to next Barracks, Factory, Cantina, Starship Command, Hero Command) while working on Loadout.
  2. While opening Squad Tab.
  3. While collecting Resources.
  4. While attempting to go to Inventory following HD Event.
  5. While clicking on PvP [Find a Match] button.
  6. While clicking on PvP [Next Battle] Button
  7. AND MOST SERIOUS... While Starting / Re-Starting Game (crashes while loading).
I have reported this to Disney Mobile Support on 05-10-2017 and it was assigned ticket 04908668.

If you have seen this for iOS/Android please post below as this will become a Reference Thread for Support to look at.

Keeping Everyone Informed...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DeathStriker

Re: ISSUE: Constant Random Game Crashes

Post#2 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:14 am

Received a response from Disney Mobile Support:

Hey Commander,

Thank you for reaching out to us! So the developers are aware of this issue and they are working on a resolution as we speak. Currently the issue seems to be with the most recent Windows update.

Please keep an eye on the in-game developers notes for further updates on this issue.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are always happy to help!

May the Force be with you.

Alannah
STAR WARS™: Commander Support

I responded back with a note that the "crash issue" I reported was for iOS/Android and NOT Windows, but it seems that Windows is also experiencing the same "crash issue".

I will update this Thread when/if I see a "fix" for this issue.

Chancellor
Commodore

Post#3 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:16 pm

DeathStriker wrote:Some (but not all) of where I have seen this "issue":

1. While using the [<] Left or [>] Right Buttons (skip to next Barracks, Factory, Cantina, Starship Command, Hero Command) while working on Loadout.
  2. While opening Squad Tab.
  3. While collecting Resources.
  4. While attempting to go to Inventory following HD Event.
  5. While clicking on PvP [Find a Match] button.
  6. While clicking on PvP [Next Battle] Button
  7. AND MOST SERIOUS... While Starting / Re-Starting Game (crashes while loading).
I have reported this to Disney Mobile Support on 05-10-2017 and it was assigned ticket 04908668.

If you have seen this for iOS/Android please post below as this will become a Reference Thread for Support to look at.

I'm on ios/Android, and see it most often when I am adding troops/vehicles to a barracks training/factory build list, which isn't one of the things you listed.

I assume what's happening is that for some reason there's a potential for crash any time data is being sent to/from the server and that we're making a list of things that cause that to happen.

DarthLobo
Storm Trooper

Post#4 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:36 pm

I haven't really had that crash. But, the command server fail happens to me at the worse moments. It always happens in the middle of a squad war battle, (there goes three uplinks out the window). It just happened yesterday but luckily our squad was still victorious. Horrible crash though and most annoying.
I'm on android.

Darth'sFist...

DeathStriker

Post#5 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Received another Response from Disney Mobile Support:

Hey Commander,

Thanks for clarifying. Our team is aware this issue has been occurring on your iPad pro, and we're looking into this. In the meantime, please try following the steps below to see if it clears up the issue:

- Make sure that your device and app are running the newest version.
- Force Close all apps that you have running in the background.
- Power OFF your device for at least 5 minutes and then power it back on
- Make sure that your device has at least 1-2 GB of RAM and 2 GB of free storage space. Anything under that will start giving you performance issues within the game.
- Ensure you're connected to a strong and steady WiFi signal.
- Do not delete or re-install the app; doing so will cause you to lose any unsynced progress.

I wish you all the best with this,

Charis

BOTTOM LINE: The Game Developers are aware of this issue and and looking at it but whom knows when or if it will be fixed...

I responded back that this same issue is occurring in the Version 4.10.0.

I will continue to monitor...

KrakenKodes
Commodore

Post#6 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:32 pm

I've had similar issues. Almost 3 star a base and server error disconnects, even on wifi. Lose all the loot and take a loss with 0% damage and 20-30 medal deduction.

DeathStriker

Post#7 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 am

Communication Compliation

So this is where we stand with my communication with Disney Mobile Support on this "issue":

In response to their last communication shown above I sent this:

Charis;

I recently updated to the latest version (I always have the most current version) - have done the steps you suggest and have enough storage space.

This "random crash issue" continues with Star Wars Commander latest version of 4.10.0.

Is there anything else I can send to you to help you / game developers find a fix to this "issue".

Thanks for your response.

Disney Mobile Support responded with:

Hey Commander,

Thanks for getting back to space. To clarify, how much storage space do you have left on that iPad of yours? Along with that, do you happen to have a PC running on Windows 7 or higher?

Let me know,

Charis

I responded back...

Charis;

1. I have 113.81 GB free on my iPad Pro.

2. I use a Apple Mac Mini and don't own a PC running Windows 7 or higher.

Hope that answers your questions...

Hey again,

Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping we could try getting your Commander profile loaded onto another device to see if that would allow you to access it again. You don't have any other mobile devices, do you?

Charis

(Charis seems confused and thinks I am "locked out" of my game device and can't play)

I responded back...

Charis

Thanks for the response.

I THINK THERE IS SOME CONFUSION.

1. The "issue" related to this Support Ticket is that the game will Crash at random times for random actions.
2. See my original Support Ticket Submission {link to this Thread}.
3. I can login / play my game on my iPad Pro just fine (there are other issues but not relevant to this Support Ticket), but I still see the "random crash" as described in the LINKED WEB PAGE above.
4. I am not locked out of nor need my Profile loaded on another device.

Please pass on to the Game Developers the LINK shown above as well as that this "random crash issue" still occurs with the latest Version of SWC - Version 4.10.0.

Thanks for your assistance and support in this matter.

Hey again!

I'm aware that you can load your base on your iPad Pro, but that your gameplay is just not the most stable. :)

I was hoping to try to load it to Gameroom on a PC, or on another device to see if having your game on a device other than your iPad might stabilize that crashing issue. If that's not possible at the moment, that's a-okay. Thanks for all your patience as we work on getting this ironed out.

Have a great weekend,

Charis

BOTTOM LINE: Let's see, Player, go thorough the hassle of moving your game to Facebook Gameroom (FBGR) while we sort out (if possible) this "random crash issue" occurring at "random times".

I will wait for the fix - if and when it comes - because FBGR can not be loaded on my Mobile Game Devices.

Keeping Everyone Up to Date...

Upwind

Post#8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:37 pm

SWC Support----
I understand crashes will happen, but the crashes that happen during battles are particularly annoying as it's a Lose-Lose situation. You get none of the loot or objectives you won, and all the troops you deployed are dead delaying your next attack. Is there anyway to change the program so that when crashes occur mid-battle:
- the loot and objectives you have won are credited to you, or if this is not possible,
- immediately retrain all troops that were deployed, so at least one can start a new attack right away.

Thanks for your consideration of this.

mkenobi
Major General

Post#9 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 am

Yes... Game crashes are becoming more often since the last updates. I'm having more crashes and errors now with my Rebel account on my Android and with my Empire account on FB Gameroom on Windows. FB Gameroom always gives a crashes when I try to load the game for the first time, but what really annoys me is have a Command Failed when I click to donate (and lose the troops after the restart), when i click to open a crate (and lose the crate after the restart) and when i click to deploy a troop in the midlle of the attack and lose the attack, the loot, the troops and get a defeat by 0% and lose lots of medals.

And now I'm having the cursed "Could Not Find An Opponent" in all planets several times in a row. Where are the Dev Bases? They have a protection time to be available to attack again like a normal player base?

I'm seen the Android platform going downhill by the same way of the game for Windows. And we all know where this will stop at...
Leader of AndroidsDream Squad on Windows. Empire Level 10 Base, 45k medals, Rank 16. Current level 9 Imperial on Stormflame Squad (Join us!) / Level 8 Rebel player on Vacation.
DISNEY DEVELOPERS ATTACKED SWC PLAYERS AND DISABLED 3 UPLINKS!

Swad
Major General

Post#10 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:46 am

Yes loads of crashes as stated by DS and others. It happens when I build or cancel troops as well as during battles.
It happened after an update a couple of months ago too and I got the same annoying responses from Disney.
I have found that it seems most stable when I select things after a pause. Ie. Select build, then pause before choosing what to build. Then pause before exit etc. Also deploy slowly in battle. It seems to help but jeez what a pain.
:lol:

Player name Ghost

Leader of: Spawn an active Imperial war squad
Entry level/assessment squad SPAWN~Rising Join us

Allied with ShadowInMe. An Imperial squad, KSOD top 100.Join us for war.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”