Looks like the wall glitch is back

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
DarthVacc
Major General

Looks like the wall glitch is back

Post#1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Hadn't heard a lot of talk about this recently, but after the latest update, I've had several attacks in the last few days faceplant when SC troops parked themselves on wall blocks and made themselves invulnerable...

Anyone else seeing a return of this fun little glitch?

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

FruitBowlMafia
Major General

Re: Looks like the wall glitch is back

Post#2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 pm

DarthVacc wrote:Hadn't heard a lot of talk about this recently, but after the latest update, I've had several attacks in the last few days faceplant when SC troops parked themselves on wall blocks and made themselves invulnerable...

Anyone else seeing a return of this fun little glitch?

It never left, this is the Bane of the game for me.. Hard fought for maxed Starships, long cook times, fuckin worthless in the wall glitch...

I don't think they will ever fix this... & if I ever did quit this game, this BS wall glitch would be the reason...
Lone_Rebellion

LeprechaunSean
Commodore

Post#3 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 pm

lol yep lost a match yesterday because of it
*Formerly* L10/144k+ Medals SenateGuards Windows Platform (a. K. A. ALDERAN Platform )

L6/10 SenateGuards Android/Ios Sandbagger. The mouse is not your friend.

http://senateguards.freeforums.net/

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:15 am

It has never left ... and has definitely cost me a battle or two.

To be honest, I don't think it is a "glitch." I think it is intentional. They are saying those units are "hiding behind the wall" and you can't get to them without downing the wall.

I adjust all my baits for it ... and try like hell to get to MHCs before they perch on them.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

chicohound
Commodore

Post#5 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:23 pm

I've noticed it more and more, especially when a speeder bike stops inside a defensive perimeter of a single block wall segments separated by gaps. I've bombed the bikes with strikers and TIEs and it causes no damage to the units, no matter were my bombs fall. The enemy units cannot be damaged/destroyed until the walls surrounding the enemy units are destroyed.
I'm starting to think that it is a function that the wall's base of (4) squares acting like a protective barrier.
I've even had enemy units behind a wall able to kill my units but I can inflict no damage upon them until my units destroy the walls between my attackers and the enemy units.
Conversely, once the units are out in the open, my aerial bombardment is highly successful.

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:55 pm

That is good point Chico ... I think I am beginning to agree it might be a glitch ... but ... honestly ... I don't mind it.

This game is very offense based, this is just another trick for defenders.
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#7 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 pm

What are you talking about "it's back" that sh*t never left! 95% of the times on attack I face that garbage glitch, and it's always hails or pandas that get stuck on walls and annihilate my units in seconds. Ugh.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

DarthVacc
Major General

Post#8 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:54 pm

syncpan77 wrote:What are you talking about "it's back" that sh*t never left! 95% of the times on attack I face that garbage glitch, and it's always hails or pandas that get stuck on walls and annihilate my units in seconds. Ugh.

Maybe I've been hitting so many stump farm bases lately that I haven't run into it in a long time... only happened the last few days for me now that there's a return to using walls AS walls b/c of the armory buffs... seeing a lot more continuous walls... prob to try and offset the Kubaz...

Who knows? Just hadn't fallen victim to this little joy for a long time...

Rank 15 Commander - Lvl10 HQ - 57k+ Medals
Officer - EastCoastRaiders - #272 Squad Worldwide - lvl48 Perks - 490k+ Squad Medals

syncpan77
Admiral

Post#9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:40 pm

I always see this happening to me on attack but in my defense log I have never seen it happen to any attacking players not even once! Just my luck.
OFFICER in "DARKDONATIONS"
LINE ID: syncpan77-MOSTLY A RESTRICTED NO OP WAR SQUAD
Top 15 on GSOW in UCL, always looking for new members

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”