Squad War Lost Due To Error - Status 1401

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
Eidolon
Commander

Squad War Lost Due To Error - Status 1401

Post#1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Okay this has happened a number of times, most annoyingly during a squad war, but this last time was the worst, as this was that player's last attack and we needed 1 uplink to draw, 2 or more to win.
The error occured when the battle had completed but before the result screen, from the background behind the message box you can clearly see an attack result of 100% that should have awarded 3 uplinks. When the player reloaded as instructed by the game, ZERO uplinks were awarded and we lost the war!

Luckily, I was in contact with my squad member via a SIP video link, and told him to take a screenshot before reloading.

Error1401-SquadWar20170123.jpg

External screenshot link: Screenshot 2017 Jan 23 - War attack 100% Error 1401

If the screenshot does not show, the message box text was:

Command Failed!
The server was unable to execcute the command.
Please reload and try again. If the problem
continues please contact customer support.

When asked how to submit the screenshot to customer support, hoping for the war result and rewards to be corrected,I was unable to answer, though I did say I thought it doubtful any correspondance if managed would be acknowledged or acted upon.

How can this error be avoided in the future?

Is there any customer support contact information any where?

Cheers for any help,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Thread Title - Capitalized
--

(-:- Eidolon -:-)

Sith'n'Slytherin - Squad Leader
Medals: 17,800+

HQ: 10 / Donated: 14,346 / Reputation: 1,089 / Base: 2,792 / Medals: 17,857 / Atk: 2,239 / Def: 333 / Joined: 2015-02-15

Midge
Grand Admiral

Re: Squad War lost due to error - status 1401

Post#2 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:50 am

If you send something to support they would likely give you some crystals if you complain enough, but they are not going to reverse the war.

You were not completely clear on when you started this battle. Wars end with, I believe, 2 minutes still on the clock ( maybe five?). So, if your boy started this with 3 minutes left or something of the like, it would not have finished before the game switched into tally mode. Which means you lost.

NOW ... none of that is to say this does not happen. I think a large majority of us have had crashes in wars and have lost attacks. It has certainly happened to a number of my teammates at inopportune times and certainly cost us one draw recently and cost us dearly early on in another loss.

Always put a ticket into support. They do get back to you and if you mention that you spent crystals on it and lost time and sanity over it, they will normally compensate you.

Keep on grinding!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#3 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:49 am

Last war my game crashed within seconds of deploying 2 jump troopers, no error code just crashed to home screen. I reloaded and tried again, same thing. I saved my last attack and was able to take an outpost without glitching. Anyone else having issues on iOS since the last hotfix?
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

Midge
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:30 pm

DeltaBravo wrote:Last war my game crashed within seconds of deploying 2 jump troopers, no error code just crashed to home screen. I reloaded and tried again, same thing. I saved my last attack and was able to take an outpost without glitching. Anyone else having issues on iOS since the last hotfix?

We lost a war 45-43 recently because we saved one of the tougher guys for one of our better player's final attacks. He got bounced. And we could not get there with our weaker players.

Very frustrating. That was right after the awful DesertGate roll out and it made us all very depressed. Pretty sure he was damn close to quitting.

I think they still have some patches to come to make sure this doesn't happen.

Also would not mind a patch to fix the squad leaderboards!
Leader of The Mob Syndicate

Home of TheMidnightMob, TheMorningMob, TheMiddayMob and TheMobWantsYou

Level X Rebel : Medal Maxed

Eidolon
Commander

Post#5 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:07 pm

In the above case the attack was not near the end of the 24 hour war period, though it was one of the last attacks in the war. Thanks for the info Midge, I will track down the Disney Mobile Support email and submit an error report, any compensation would be a bonus though the main reason to try and bump this error up their fix list.
It actually helps somewhat to know we are not the only ones to suffer this, not that I would wish the situation on anyone, but "misery loves company" and all that...

I had thought it might have been part of the dev's response to the squad war error/feature where a war attack started on a windows emulator can be cleared without loss of attack by cancelling the emulator's execution thread. It would be a simple fix for them to set any loss of connection or error state during a war attack to automatically produce a zero uplink attack result.
--

HQ: 10 / Donated: 14,346 / Reputation: 1,089 / Base: 2,792 / Medals: 17,857 / Atk: 2,239 / Def: 333 / Joined: 2015-02-15

DeathStriker

Post#6 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Eidolon wrote:Is there any customer support contact information any where?

Cheers for any help,

Eidolon wrote:Thanks for the info Midge, I will track down the Disney Mobile Support email and submit an error report, any compensation would be a bonus though the main reason to try and bump this error up their fix list.

Eidolon - Sorry for your recent Squad War Experience.

How to Contact Disney Mobile Support

You can contact Disney Mobile Support here.

Click on the GREEN [Contact Us] Button in the lower right corner and answer the prompts thereafter.

⇨ Be sure to include with your initial "report" the following:

1. Your Player ID (found in Settings > About).
  2. Your In-Game Name.
  3. Your Squad Name.
  4. Your Game Device and its Current OS Version.
  5. Your SWC Game Version and Build (found in Settings > About).
  6. A description of the "issues" you have noted.
  7. Any Screenshots you may have taken.
Helping Others Is What I Do...

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

Eidolon
Commander

Re: Squad War Lost Due To Error - Status 1401

Post#7 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Thank you DeathStriker, that was extremely helpful, I have followed your guidelines and submitted.
Will keep this thread apprised of any feedback and/or results.
--

Pirate
Admiral

Post#8 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 am

I had my first ever Error 1401 last night after a 3 uplink squad wars attack. Is anyone else still having trouble with this on the iOS/android server?
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

DeltaBravo
Captain

Post#9 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Pirate wrote:I had my first ever Error 1401 last night after a 3 uplink squad wars attack. Is anyone else still having trouble with this on the iOS/android server?

I was not in my squads most recent war (was in an area w\o wifi or cell coverage for a few days) but I usually have issues after updates on iOS and my Fire tablet. Although my attacks crash to homescreen within a few seconds of starting attack. Last update I could only attach outposts without crashing, but eventually the problem went away after a few days. I feel you pain, good luck!
Empire / Lvl 10 / Dark_Death_Squad Lvl 50 / iOS / Dedicated but mediocre player
Remember to type something funny or clever here...

Pirate
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:21 am

DeltaBravo wrote:Last update I could only attach outposts without crashing, but eventually the problem went away after a few days. I feel you pain, good luck!

It is encouraging to hear that it has maybe corrected itself and you are able to attack war bases again.

We ended up losing the war by 1 uplink. Good times
ⒹⒶⓇⓀⓈⒾⒹⒺ
Imperial Squad

Windows Survivor

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”