Not seeing donations in chat

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.

Poll: Have you encountered "invisible" donation requests?

Yes! I got it pretty often
33%
It happens every now and then, but not often
54%
No! I have never encountered it
13%
I dont care cuz I aint donating
No votes
Total votes: 24

rRr
Admiral

Not seeing donations in chat

Post#1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:34 am

Does it happen to you guys too?

I often (maybe even 50% of logins) get onto state, that I see chat, I see my squad mates how they thank for donations or say what left for who, but I dont see a single donation request!

Than relog or two (sometimes after attack) and suddenly all previous troops requests apperas when chat is loaded again.

I know that this is unoficial forum, but maybe some devs read it every now and then, so..is anybody else encountering this problem?

PS: I play on Android. Samsung Galaxy S5 mini
Last edited by rRr on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empire HQ X, 30 000+ medals, contrabant addict.
Proud officer of Sith-Society
we have currently 2 open slots,
take your chance to be in same squad as "UCL Tracker" chat family founder
;)
LINE: rrr-firstlorder

RebelYell
Admiral

Re: Not seeing donations in chat

Post#2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:52 am

Yes this happens here too. (Android)
When the error occurs the chat usually also comes up "too fast" (less than the usual 1-2minutes wait).
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#3 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:27 am

it even happens right in front of my eyes.
I type a message and while doing so, all requests disapear. Usually when another message comes in while i'm typing. (but not sure yet if there is a connection between the 2)

And as i'm running more then 1 base ... yes it even happens to both at the same time.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 50 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1.5k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

Sigma582
Admiral

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:27 am

I see it on Windows pretty often too. What's interesting, if the chat has loaded without requests, the subsequent requests will still appear as normal.
New home of former Windows IMPERIALS® squad. PM me to join us on Android server.
-
Layout Manager
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19986
-
Defense Tracker
http://www.swcommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20403

Trugster
Lieutenant

Post#5 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:55 am

I find chat disappearing as well.

I also sometimes see a donation request, I'll partly fill it (20/32 say) and a couple of minutes later it will appear again at 0/32. This will happen over and over.

I'm running Android on a Kindle Fire.
Officer - Kenobi-Prep

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Trugster wrote:I find chat disappearing as well.

I also sometimes see a donation request, I'll partly fill it (20/32 say) and a couple of minutes later it will appear again at 0/32. This will happen over and over.

I'm running Android on a Kindle Fire.

That can happen if the receiving player makes an attack using the 1st part of the donation before it is filled completely, and then re-requesting more troops. That may not be a glitch.

But I do see phantom messages in chat that are clearly part of a conversation, but without the other parts appearing.

I also see chat without text or without requests, but if I select 'show requests' or show messages', more will appear. It usually clears if I close the app app and re-start it.

I also find that sometimes the chat log is longer than others.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DarthRommel
Commodore

Post#7 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:56 am

As i now have 3 bases, i see a lot of stuf wrong with the chat i never knew ...
Messages or requests not appearing on 1 or 2 of my bases, or in a different order, or with enormous time lag on 1 or 2 bases. It happens i see my own requests appear only after minutes, already donated by others. Times are wacky too. it frequently says <1 min. while the post in question is maybe 30 minutes old. Even newer entries (on top of list) with more time past ...

and if i take to long typing big messages, the game disconnects "due to inactivity" ...|-(

Requests that are stuck at 30/36 (or some other numbers), but you can't donate. in "reality" it has been filled completely, but the request in chat doesn't update. My other bases can show similar numbers, or even the correct 36/36

...the list of (chat related) bugs just goes on and on and on ...

Sadly, it's been about a year since i got me a 60/28 donation with an actual 15 darktroopers up my SC !
The only chat bug they ever fixed ... (at least, thats how it feels)
Last edited by DarthRommel on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of Ruffnecks010 - Level 50 Imperial squad
HQ10 - Rank 9 - 18k+ medals - 1.5k+ reputation
We welcome all Squad War players

syncpan77
Major General

Post#8 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:02 am

Yes, has been the cause of many quarrels in my squad also.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Veteran squad in the process of rebuilding. Join us today, apply within game or contact me.

OFFICER in "Darkdonations"
Veteran squad-NO OP Wars on weekends

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”