Game crashes on Takodana

Voice your bugs/glitches encounters or workarounds you find. While this forum is unofficial, we welcome Disney developers to stop by to help.
Crusher
Storm Trooper

Game crashes on Takodana

Post#1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:18 pm

My problem started when I got a Samsung tablet to use instead of my Nexus 5x I usually played on. The game would not get past the loading screen no matter what I tried including reimaging the device. To make a long story short, the game suddenly started working the moment I had moved off of Takodana.

I have been able to reliably reproduce this, once on Takodana my tablet is useless until I transfer back off. I am also unable to scout any squad bases if they are on Takodana and cannot scout/attack Takodana in SW.

I only just unlocked Erkit and dont have Hoth yet so its possible its not just Tak. But I have no issues jumping between Yavin, Tat and Dandy..

Is there some kind of file corruption at play? I have reinstalled the app many times and done a reimage so its likely not hardware related...

syncpan77
Major General

Re: Game crashes on Takodana

Post#2 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Samsung is a very bad brand to play this game on. I had an Asus Nexus 7 for the longest time, since I started playing the game. The battery kicked the bucket a few weeks back and I now have a Kindle Fire. It plays very similar to what the Nexus offered in terms of performance. Galaxy, iPad, very bad choices tho.
EMPandemonium "We're a small squad with a big fight in us."
Leaderboard Rank: #??? - Battle Score: 584,000 - Squad War Record: 71W - 4D - 22L .

Darkdonations
ORDER-99

DeathStriker

Post#3 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:31 pm

Crusher wrote:My problem started when I got a Samsung tablet to use instead of my Nexus 5x I usually played on.

{snip}

Is there some kind of file corruption at play? I have reinstalled the app many times and done a reimage so its likely not hardware related...

Crusher - Welcome to the Forum. :D

My best advice is if you feel that your game "data file" is corrupted that you restore from Backup via Facebook, or Google Play, or Play Center.

Click here for information on how to recover you game.

⇨ IMPORTANT:

If you have not done so, be sure to grab a screenshot of your Player ID located in Settings > About.

Hope This Helps....

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

DaLoc
Commodore

Post#4 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:11 pm

This happened to my squad ate as well. Can't load takonda at all on his tablet. (Believe it is Samsung, not 100% sure). He can only attack takonda via his phone.
Ios (Empire) SithForceElite (HQ 8+) Sithforceacademy (HQ 8-)
Maxed HQ 10 (cept lvl 32 and 20 dekas)
Ios (Rebel) MiserySquad1E (HQ 9+) MiseryAcademy1E (HQ 9-)
HQ 9

Crusher
Storm Trooper

Post#5 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:37 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
My best advice is if you feel that your game "data file" is corrupted that you restore from Backup via Facebook, or Google Play, or Play Center.

Doubt it is the game file as i have restored from facebook many times including clearing app caches along the way. I am so sick of that starting tutorial now...

Game performance is actually way better on the tablet, so not sure how it can be said to be terrible as a device...

Crusher
Storm Trooper

Post#6 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:29 am

Is there no path forward to resolve this? Seems like I am not the only one with this issue. How do we make sure it's on the defect list???

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#7 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:27 am

Has there been any movement on this issue? I am having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet. I unlocked Takodana and tried to go to the planet for a Squad War factory attack and each time it crashed shortly after displaying the planet. I figured it had something to do with the war itself. Today I attempted to relocate to the planet for the Tie Striker upgrade conflict. After the hyperspace cut scene, the app displayed the planet and crashed just like it did for the squad war. Now the app crashes while loading every time I try to launch it. Am having to play on my Galaxy S6 smartphone which sucks because my eyes can't take it. Has anyone found a solution?

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#8 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:00 pm

I put in a ticket with Disney for anyone who cares to know. They had no immediate solution and passed it on to the devs.

DarthBlueboy

Post#9 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 pm

So I just recently upgraded my phone from the LG Stylo to the newer LG Stylo2 Plus, Then during a war I was trying to take takodana outpost from it and every time I'd try to load it up it would just close out(crash). Every other outpost pulled up no problem. I have two accounts in that team and it pulled up fine from my other one which is running on the LG Stylo. Scratch my head.... I cleared the app, even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the game but everytime I tried to scout tako outpost it would just close out. Then I got the bright idea of planet hopping over to takodana and voila, game crashes during load. Then I can't load the game at all. I factory reset my phone and try again. Same thing, crashes on load. I start thinking it's gotta be something corrupted in my account and I'll get in touch with support the next day. Out of curiosity I grabbed an old crappy samsung core prime and loaded up my account and installed commander. All of a sudden I'm in the game with my account and no problems. But the Stylo 2 Plus still crashing every time. So I planet hop back to er kit from the crappy samsung and then I can load the game from Stylo2+ no problem. That is until I tried to load the outpost on tako. Really confusing, really weird, what's so special about tako that it causes the game to crash?? Every other planet is not a problem, I can hop, hit outposts, whatever and no issues. But I try to go to tako or scout the outpost, and bam, game craps out. Long story short, I have no idea what to do about this other than Keeping the crappy little samsung core prime handy just in case I need to hit the outpost on tako from that account. Just sucks cause there's no way that I'm gonna try to play the game enough on that tiny phone to try to get unlockables during conflict from tako. :-/

p.s. Our squad is always looking for good active players that like to go to war.
darthblueboy-Officer
Thedrunkside

GeneralBeers
Captain

Post#10 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:32 am

Disney had me try a few of the same things you did after which they passed it onto the devs apologizing there is no quick fix at this time. Never heard from them again. In the mean time there have been several releases randomly tinkering with buffed troop and turret settings while Takodana still crashes.

I used my phone to relocate off the planet and never go there outside of a squad war. Really hate when I have to pull out a phone to take the troop buff and then switch back to the tablet quickly. I always offer to take another buff instead but u know how it goes with the troop one being the most important.

Return to “Bugs and Glitches (iOS/Android)”