Syncing/Restoring your Game: Tutorial

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
DeathStriker

Re: Syncing/Restoring your Game: Tutorial

Post#61 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:59 am

Tem wrote:I have good news i got my empire base back.

Tem - That is great! :D

It is my hope that I helped in some small way. Take a lesson from this and make sure your Account is Synced / Backed-Up and that you keep in a safe place your Player ID.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

schnappi
Cadet Trooper

Post#62 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:21 pm

What did others say to support that caused them to restore your account (besides presenting a screenshot of PlayerID)?

Secondly @RebelYell if reverted to old apk file would the 2016 work around account restoration work?

Urge all players to backup manually.

Dolphin75
Commodore

Post#63 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:33 am

Years ago, I used to play multiple bases on the same iOS device, changing bases every day simply by changing my Game Center login. I stopped doing that after I abandoned my Imp bases (again, several years ago). I have decided to start sharing one device with two bases again, but something has changed. When I log into a second Game Center, I don’t get the past screen for choosing to upload the current base or download the other one. Nothing changes - I still see the original base, even though I’m on the alternate Game Center account. I have not synced to FB (I never was comfortable with the setup and don’t have an account).

Is there a new procedure for switching bases using iOS? I’ve searched, but find nothing new. Thanks in advance!

DeathStriker

Post#64 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 am

Dolphin75 wrote:Is there a new procedure for switching bases using iOS? I’ve searched, but find nothing new. Thanks in advance!

Dolphin75 - WARNING!! Trying to use Multiple Accounts on a Single Mobile Game Device (iOS / Android) might result in your Base(s) being LOST Permanently! (progress could become lost, corrupt, or overwritten)

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: You only have 1 Account per Mobile Game Device linked to Facebook or Other Method as is instructed by this Official Help.

:arrow: YOU CAN use Multiple Accounts on a Windows or Mac PC but I am not experienced / familiar with that process.

Danielma94
Storm Trooper

Post#65 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:52 am

Is there a way of un-syncing to one Facebook accounts and syncing to a different Facebook account? I got an account from a friend and it is still synced to his account, I would like to un-sync his FB account and sync my account to the base.

DeathStriker

Post#66 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Danielma94 wrote:Is there a way of un-syncing to one Facebook accounts and syncing to a different Facebook account? I got an account from a friend and it is still synced to his account, I would like to un-sync his FB account and sync my account to the base.

Danielma94 - The "normal procedure" is for the "giver" to sync account to a "dummy" FB Account linked to a "dummy" e-mail address (if not already) - and - then provide the "dummy" e-mail address / password to the "receiver" when the SWC Account is given to the receiver.

IF THIS WAS NOT DONE... You need to contact the "giver" and request they do that...

:arrow: Most have at least one account linked to their "personal" FB Account using a "personal" e-mail address and one could see the "giver" not wanting to give away that info, hence the use of the "dummy" FB Account / E-Mail Address / Password.

Hope this helps...

Danielma94
Storm Trooper

Post#67 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 am

DeathStriker I am wondering how you unlink/unsync the FB account so that you can link it to the dummy account. I heard that unsyncing/unlinking is a bit tricky and requires several steps. I was wondering where I can find this information.

DeathStriker

Post#68 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 am

Danielma94 wrote:DeathStriker I am wondering how you unlink/unsync the FB account so that you can link it to the dummy account. I heard that unsyncing/unlinking is a bit tricky and requires several steps. I was wondering where I can find this information.

Danielma94 - There is no "specific" SWC-related Instructions however using the info by Facebook found here and the Official Help found here the following is a general sequence of steps to Unlink / Re-Link SWC Account to New Facebook Account.

1. Open/Login to STAR WARS™: Commander.

• Click on Settings Icon (lower right)
    • Click on Facebook Disconnect (if not already done so)
  2. Force-Close STAR WARS™: Commander and swipe to fully close.
  3. In a Browser of your choice - sign into the Facebook account you no longer wish to have linked STAR WARS™: Commander.

• Click Settings (the gear icon) in the upper right.
    • In the menu on the left side, click Click Apps and Websites in the left menu.
    • Locate STAR WARS™: Commanderon the list and then click the box next to it.
    • Click on Remove to remove the app.
  4. Sign out of the first Facebook account.
  5. Uninstall the Facebook app from your game device.
  6. ​If available - delete your Facebook account from your device (your Facebook account will not be affected).
  7. Restart your device.
  8. Open/Login to STAR WARS™: Commander.

• Click on Settings Icon (lower right)
    • Click on Facebook Login.
    • Sign into the second Facebook account you wish to link to STAR WARS™: Commander.
    • Follow the prompts to approve the connection to the desired Facebook account.
  9. At this point your SWC Account should be synced to new Facebook Account.
Hope this helps someone...

Return to “Premiere Topics”