Syncing/Restoring your Game: Tutorial

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
RebelYell
Admiral

Re: Syncing/Restoring your Game: Tutorial

Post#11 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Apple/Android/Amazon only. (Including emulators)

It came to my knowledge that it may be possible to recover an account with the player-id alone or even with player- and squad name if your broken account is still in a squad.

No promises though.

Step 1:
What is needed from your side:
  • Player-Id of your account
  • OR: If you are still member in a (searchable) squad then playername and squad name might work as well.
  • Status of your communication with Disney support.
    Important: Disney Support seems to block/ban your old player-id when they do crystal refunds/transfers to assist with creating a new account. Blocked/Banned player-ids can not be restored (you can ask support though to unblock them if this happens).

Step 2
If the result looks good then this is needed from you to transfer the game back:
  • Some proof of account identity. Some information about your base/account will be asked to verify.
  • A separate Facebook or Google Account to transfer/sync the game back to your device (you need to give the login data away so don't use your "normal" account)
  • Patience (It may take some days until an answer arrives)
Please note that this is only a personal commitment of SWC players who are trying to help. This is completely unrelated to Disney and no guarantees can be given that an account is restored and fully intact.

Contact me via PM in this forum or via the LINE id: lleyleber
Last edited by RebelYell on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

eclampsium
Major General

Post#12 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Amazing Job!!!!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#13 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:57 pm

I now just had my first "guinea pig" and failed....

The account was banned/blocked.
My guess is that Disney does that when they tell you that your account is unrecoverable and refund you with some crystals or so.
ImageWe're recruiting! (Rebels/Android/iOS). Just PM me here/LINE:lleyleber or request in game with a meaningful text. If you want to take part in wars, lv7+ is useful.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#14 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Next try on restoring another lost accound now succeeded!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#15 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 pm

Second account restore succeeded!

That account was blocked previously from Disney due to a crystal transfer (by support) to a new account, but Disney finally consented in unblocking the original account which could then be recovered.

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#16 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:53 am

Now 5 accounts have been successfully restored.

LordLeia
Cadet Trooper

Post#17 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 am

You should really warn players not to login at the screen where u choose your name. , its a trick

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#18 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:32 am

Just to not raise false hopes. I can often help with restoring accounts of the Android or Apple version of the game. But I can NOT restore accounts of the Windows version of SWC. Sorry!

(LordLeia: I can't edit the original post of this thread. So I hope that people do the instructions step by step and don't try to take shortcuts ;-)

DeathStriker

Post#19 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 pm

RebelYell - Great Information!

ADDITIONAL INFO:

1. I noted the Playdom Forum Link found in the Main Thread Post here is now OBSOLETE.
  2. I was able to find the info about SAVING PLAYER ID originally posted on Playdom Forum by Game Developer Chris_Menezes in Bing Cached Webpages. I then ARCHIVED IT for future reference.

⇨ View [ARCHIVE] Important Message For All New Players (PlayerID)

3. ALSO here is the What do I do if I've uninstalled the game and lost my progress? found on STAR WARS™ Support

Adding to this Thread...

Death_Striker is looking for Level 1-7 Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

RebelYell
Admiral

Post#20 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:25 am

Account recovery times are over
During the previous weeks I could recover a number of Android/iOS accounts when the player had squad name and player name or player-id.

As of today, this is NOT possible for me anymore.

My ability to recover accounts was due to a security issue with the SWC game which was already reported to the Disney Support some time ago.

Now they've fixed this security issue which is basically good. Anyway it is bad for people who have lost their accounts.

I probably can still recover accounts which I have restored in the past or for my squad members where I saved the "restore" data. But anybody else has to rely on good backups, the sync feature or disney support.

Return to “Premiere Topics”