What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Post#81 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:50 am

DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Rodian snipes are WAY too easy to deal with. Pretty much every rebel has at least one fang on hand for that purpose. Lure, fang, no more SC rodians.

You are doing it wrong if your snipers can be lured out easily.

You need to design the base so that SC can't be easily lured if you go with rodian snipers in SC. But if you do have a base like this, then rodian snipers are most effective against flying jets.

There is NO base where one or two ithorians or drop ship can’t lure the SC. I see this crap a lot. I use the same tactics on really good rebels too. I sometimes even send a bike on a suicide mission through the base to get to the dekas on the other side to trip the SC. If you wall it to prevent the ithorians, someone will hit them with maxed z-95s or plow a tx through even with wall buffs and THEN ithorian to trip the SC before fanging your rodians. If you spread your base really far apart and catch the ithorians with turrets before they trip the SC, you’ll lose because your buildings are easily accessible. A base that’s hard to trip the SC, lol.. It’s better to not rely on the SC TBH and lure people into attacking in a direction that will make them lose.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#82 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 am

Plagueis wrote:
DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:Rodian snipes are WAY too easy to deal with. Pretty much every rebel has at least one fang on hand for that purpose. Lure, fang, no more SC rodians.

You are doing it wrong if your snipers can be lured out easily.

You need to design the base so that SC can't be easily lured if you go with rodian snipers in SC. But if you do have a base like this, then rodian snipers are most effective against flying jets.

There is NO base where one or two ithorians or drop ship can’t lure the SC. I see this crap a lot. I use the same tactics on really good rebels too. I sometimes even send a bike on a suicide mission through the base to get to the dekas on the other side to trip the SC. If you wall it to prevent the ithorians, someone will hit them with maxed z-95s or plow a tx through even with wall buffs and THEN ithorian to trip the SC before fanging your rodians. If you spread your base really far apart and catch the ithorians with turrets before they trip the SC, you’ll lose because your buildings are easily accessible. A base that’s hard to trip the SC, lol.. It’s better to not rely on the SC TBH and lure people into attacking in a direction that will make them lose.

with deeply buried SC under shields and inside buffed L10 walls with L10 skin, it is not easy. Yes, you can use 4 L10 Z's (rebel version of Interceptors) but most folks don't carry these many Z's in their load. Same with drop ship as it is quite expensive to use as a triggering method, and take up 7 slots in the starship.

I guess you think you've seen it all ... :)

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#83 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:21 pm

A lot of people do use tx’s which will go right through any buffed wall. Put an ithorian or kubaz through and it will get into trip range of the SC almost every time. Shields don’t matter as the rodians/sullustans will just walk out for a corner bait and be vulnerable to fangs/strikers anyways. I used to run rodians and one astromech in my SC exclusively but realistically 9 out of 10 defenses where the SC didn’t get sniped, the rodians just got lured and hit with a fang. And I’ve changed my base layout to make it “nearly impossible” to trip...It just doesn’t work. Sure, you can make it harder to trip but it will most likely get tripped anyways and leave your base even more vulnerable to a 50% because you put so many building outside of your turrets to create an ithorian/kubaz buffer. It’s not worth it.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#84 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Plagueis wrote:A lot of people do use tx’s which will go right through any buffed wall. Put an ithorian or kubaz through and it will get into trip range of the SC almost every time. Shields don’t matter as the rodians/sullustans will just walk out for a corner bait and be vulnerable to fangs/strikers anyways. I used to run rodians and one astromech in my SC exclusively but realistically 9 out of 10 defenses where the SC didn’t get sniped, the rodians just got lured and hit with a fang. And I’ve changed my base layout to make it “nearly impossible” to trip...It just doesn’t work. Sure, you can make it harder to trip but it will most likely get tripped anyways and leave your base even more vulnerable to a 50% because you put so many building outside of your turrets to create an ithorian/kubaz buffer. It’s not worth it.

I won't share my base here, but it's not easily tripped and most people that failed Kessen SC snipe would lose or got 1 star max.

My rodian snipers have not been tripped in the last while (few weeks/months now). Most people either skipped it or used Kessen to snipe SC. If Kessen got my SC, then I'd lose 70% of the time, as it would be very tough to stop the jets swarm, even with my OP RFTs.

I am really more worried about Kessen than SC lure, tbh. Most top rebels would aim for the SC and try to take it out right of the bat, rather than going with the bait/lure approach.

There is no base that 100% proof. Good players will beat you. What you aim for is 60% success rate, and be happy with it.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

DarkRebel wrote:
Plagueis wrote:A lot of people do use tx’s which will go right through any buffed wall. Put an ithorian or kubaz through and it will get into trip range of the SC almost every time. Shields don’t matter as the rodians/sullustans will just walk out for a corner bait and be vulnerable to fangs/strikers anyways. I used to run rodians and one astromech in my SC exclusively but realistically 9 out of 10 defenses where the SC didn’t get sniped, the rodians just got lured and hit with a fang. And I’ve changed my base layout to make it “nearly impossible” to trip...It just doesn’t work. Sure, you can make it harder to trip but it will most likely get tripped anyways and leave your base even more vulnerable to a 50% because you put so many building outside of your turrets to create an ithorian/kubaz buffer. It’s not worth it.

I won't share my base here, but it's not easily tripped and most people that failed Kessen SC snipe would lose or got 1 star max.

My rodian snipers have not been tripped in the last while (few weeks/months now). Most people either skipped it or used Kessen to snipe SC. If Kessen got my SC, then I'd lose 70% of the time, as it would be very tough to stop the jets swarm, even with my OP RFTs.

I am really more worried about Kessen than SC lure, tbh. Most top rebels would aim for the SC and try to take it out right of the bat, rather than going with the bait/lure approach.

There is no base that 100% proof. Good players will beat you. What you aim for is 60% success rate, and be happy with it.

Agreed
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#86 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:20 pm

I try to attract the scrubs. If they get a one star, odds are they won’t get my CB and I’ll get protection from better players. I’m not going to stress over losing 6 medals per every 7-8 successful defenses where I might lose credits or some alloy on my nearly maxed base. I try to minimize CB losses now (even though dekas are overrated). The trick is you want to keep people from skipping your base as noted above, the good players will steamroll you no matter how good you think your base is. Keep in mind there’s a larger population of “not very skilled” players vs. guys who can roll a max 10 and it’s probably a better strategy to setup defenses that you’ll win more than ones that you’ll lose by making your base look less like the temple of doom and more like a coldstone creamery. I was attracting those top level guys for the last 6 months at least and if everyone but those players skip your base, odds are your defensive win ratio is going to be very low and you’re going to tear your hair out on trying to figure out how to stop it.

I also think pretty much every base is easily lured by skilled players. If you don’t think so, post a pic of your base and I, plus several other people here will probably tell you exactly how to lure your Rodians out and nuke them with a single fang. Not that it isn’t a good layout, but every base is painfully vulnerable to having the SC lured and the fact that many players are going for the kessen shot seems to say that they see that vulnerabilty and try to exploit it instead of luring. It’s an all or nothing approach that more people are getting better at.

Personally, I put kubaz through walls. Even buffed level 10 walls...The first one runs up, shoots three times and damages the wall before dying. I send a second kubaz on the exact same spot which fires once and goes through, tripping the SC which I then corner lure and striker if there are sullustans. This is even with a line of resource buildings between the map edge and walls. There really is no defense for it and these and other tactics are becoming just as common and similar as rebels luring GR snipes. It’s a major reason why I stopped running SC rodians. I would rather have the attacker invest so much time into setting up a lure only to have a dirt slow, ultra high health unit like a rancor pop out and make kessen suicide mission.
Last edited by Plagueis on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#87 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Plagueis wrote:I try to attract the scrubs. If they get a one star, odds are they won’t get my CB and I’ll get protection from better players. I’m not going to stress over losing 6 medals per every 7-8 successful defenses where I might lose credits or some alloy on my nearly maxed base. I try to minimize CB losses now (even though dekas are overrated). The trick is you want to keep people from skipping your base as noted above, the good players will steamroll you. But there’s a larger population of “not very skilled” players vs. guys who can roll a max 10 and it’s probably a better strategy to setup defenses that you’ll win more than ones that you’ll lose by making your base look less like the temple of doom and more like a coldstone. I was attracting those top level guys for the last 6 months at least and if everyone but those players skip your base, odds are your defensive win ratio is going to be very low and you’re going to tear your hair out on trying to figure out how to stop it.

I also think pretty much every base is easily lured by skilled players. If you don’t think so, post a pic of your base and I can tell you exactly how I would lure your Rodians out and nuke them with a single fang. There really is no defense for it and these tactics are becoming just as common and similar as rebels luring GR snipes.

There is a way to look up any player who ever played in squad war. My in game handle is also DarkRebel.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#88 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Again, this isn’t a case of saying your base sucks. I win some and lose some too. I’m just saying that there’s no “unbeatable” base out there and especially one where the SC can’t be lured without using a slight bit of strategy.

JDD
Major General

Post#89 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Erm, I agree with Plagueis' SC tripping methods. I sometimes don't Kessen snipe it because the twin balls are present. Trip all 3, line 'em then let loose with Kessen. 1* is most assured, 2* if I burn some medships, 3* when flag dropped & a Farnborough airshow unless the base is full of maxed buffed RFTs & maxed Rodent GRs.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#90 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Plagueis wrote:Again, this isn’t a case of saying your base sucks. I win some and lose some too. I’m just saying that there’s no “unbeatable” base out there and especially one where the SC can’t be lured without using a slight bit of strategy.

guess I am lucky you aren’t playing rebels. (kind of wishing your were, actually)
I never said anything about unbeatable base, nor untrippable base. Just that it is not a good assumption to just say anyone can easily trip SC from a base that is designed to protect the SC. If you have success in whatever you do, fine. Keep doing it. But to make statement like rodian snipers in SC is useless is a bit ... immature.
Good player will win. Sure.
But the average players may just have problem with the SC rodian snipers along with barrack rodian snipers, if they don’t have a plan to deal with them pre-battle.

Return to “Premiere Topics”