What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
wesman21
Captain

Re: What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Post#71 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 am

Would love to see some updated feedback on the best imperial mixes. Especially dealing with Rebel jumpers. I'm thinking a couple snipers with rodians buff, a probe droid and bikes could still be the most effective mix.

I'd love to get some upper level feedback!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#72 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

Snipers are great, but can be bombed. Buff jumps are great but if sc is sniped, look out. I like all snipes under shields.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

Boog
Admiral

Post#73 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:22 pm

I feel like I've tried it all, and buffed snipes works best. That doesn't mean I don't get wiped clean 25% of the time, but I get more positive results with four rodians in the SC (lvl8). Regular speeders barely get a shot off against jet hords, and the few times I tried avas (lvl 8), they did kill maybe two jets, but the 14 remaining finished me quickly enough. You really need to outrange jets. Bikes get in range of them, and really stand no chance.

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#74 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Boog wrote:I feel like I've tried it all, and buffed snipes works best. That doesn't mean I don't get wiped clean 25% of the time, but I get more positive results with four rodians in the SC (lvl8). Regular speeders barely get a shot off against jet hords, and the few times I tried avas (lvl 8), they did kill maybe two jets, but the 14 remaining finished me quickly enough. You really need to outrange jets. Bikes get in range of them, and really stand no chance.

+1
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
The Last Jedi is wonderful.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#75 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Hunter or shadow rancors. Too much health to fang. Too slow to lure. Makes kessen suicide mission into the heart of the base unless your opponent waits a minute to deploy him. Slows jets down longer so your turrets can shoot more and GR has a better chance of spawning more troops. Oh....And TWO of them can fit in an SC.

JDD
Major General

Post#76 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:42 am

Plagueis wrote:Hunter or shadow rancors. Too much health to fang. Too slow to lure. Makes kessen suicide mission into the heart of the base unless your opponent waits a minute to deploy him. Slows jets down longer so your turrets can shoot more and GR has a better chance of spawning more troops. Oh....And TWO of them can fit in an SC.

Dang now that's jolly innovative! +100000000 ;) :lol:

wesman21
Captain

Post#77 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:02 am

I have quite a bit of rancors left from the last event, been donating them steadily, but never think to request them for my SC.

I just hit level ten on my SC so I can fit a bunch of troops now. My Rodian skin is level 2, I'll start defending with max snipers and see how it goes.

Excellent analysis. Thanks guys!

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#78 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:05 am

Rodian snipes are WAY too easy to deal with. Pretty much every rebel has at least one fang on hand for that purpose. Lure, fang, no more SC rodians.

wesman21
Captain

Post#79 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 am

Plagueis wrote:Rodian snipes are WAY too easy to deal with. Pretty much every rebel has at least one fang on hand for that purpose. Lure, fang, no more SC rodians.

So a blend of unit types then? Maybe 2 Speeders, 2 Rodians, 2 jumpers, 1 Probe Droid, etc.??

I'm not getting continuously 3 starred but it seemed like I was when I first upgraded my base to 10 two months ago. I'm rolling 10 rapids and 10 sonics, usually buff the rapids with level 9 attack bonus and level 8 health bonus. Level 5 guard reserve dews, level 4 snipers and level 4 storms and then buff my walls to level 9 since it is the only thing worth a damn that fits. Buffing my rodians and/or jumpers would def take something away from GR or turret buff.

What I am getting at is that I guess your turret and base layout do make a difference at what you put in your SC. My SC is under two shields and in the middle of a 98% walled area packed with all of my turrets.

DarkRebel
Admiral

Post#80 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:02 am

Plagueis wrote:Rodian snipes are WAY too easy to deal with. Pretty much every rebel has at least one fang on hand for that purpose. Lure, fang, no more SC rodians.

You are doing it wrong if your snipers can be lured out easily.

You need to design the base so that SC can't be easily lured if you go with rodian snipers in SC. But if you do have a base like this, then rodian snipers are most effective against flying jets.

Return to “Premiere Topics”