What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Informative and helpful posts curated by the admins.
Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Re: What empire players should put in the SC for defense

Post#61 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Hunter rancor. Makes an opponent wonder if they should waste fangs or not to stop it. Super slow makes it tough to lure. Less fangs against GR is a good thing.

RedWing
Officer

Post#62 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:15 am

Jumpers with the corresponding armor suit (desert, forrest, ice). Hands down.

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#63 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:46 am

RedWing wrote:Jumpers with the corresponding armor suit (desert, forrest, ice). Hands down.

Unless an attacker brings x-wings/tie fighters. Jumps tend to stack very tightly.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#64 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:58 am

RedWing wrote:Jumpers with the corresponding armor suit (desert, forrest, ice). Hands down.

I ran into buffed jumpers yesterday. I trapped them with Vader, then killed them with my own buffed jumpers. They died fast.

Shelendil
Grand Admiral

Post#65 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:59 am

Plagueis wrote:

Unless an attacker brings x-wings/tie fighters. Jumps tend to stack very tightly.

And are invulnerable to air strikes.
Marauders-Delta

Plagueis
Grand Admiral

Post#66 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Shelendil wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

Could've sworn tie fighters could tag those guys. I could be wrong I guess. Hard to say when the rest of my troops are burning SC troops as well.

Eidolon
Commander

Post#67 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:00 am

Plagueis wrote:
Shelendil wrote:
Plagueis wrote:

Could've sworn tie fighters could tag those guys. I could be wrong I guess. Hard to say when the rest of my troops are burning SC troops as well.

None of the starship attacks can damage flying infantry like jumps.

The (starships) from traps do effect Jumps, as follows:

IDT traps treat Jumps same as non-flier troops.

Other traps are not triggered by Jumps, but can be triggered by ground troops, and any Jumps in effect area will be affected.

TIE Fighter and Striker traps will do 100% spash damage depending on their location within area of effect, while Jumps will only receive 50% damage when caught within a ground triggered TIE Bomber traps.
--

(-:- Eidolon -:-)

Sith'n'Slytherin - Squad Leader
Medals: 17,800+

HQ: 10 / Donated: 14,346 / Reputation: 1,089 / Base: 2,792 / Medals: 17,857 / Atk: 2,239 / Def: 333 / Joined: 2015-02-15

wesman21
Commodore

Post#68 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 am

Would love to see some updated feedback on the best imperial mixes. Especially dealing with Rebel jumpers. I'm thinking a couple snipers with rodians buff, a probe droid and bikes could still be the most effective mix.

I'd love to get some upper level feedback!

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#69 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

Snipers are great, but can be bombed. Buff jumps are great but if sc is sniped, look out. I like all snipes under shields.
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.
Luminous beings are we

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#70 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:22 pm

I feel like I've tried it all, and buffed snipes works best. That doesn't mean I don't get wiped clean 25% of the time, but I get more positive results with four rodians in the SC (lvl8). Regular speeders barely get a shot off against jet hords, and the few times I tried avas (lvl 8), they did kill maybe two jets, but the 14 remaining finished me quickly enough. You really need to outrange jets. Bikes get in range of them, and really stand no chance.

Return to “Premiere Topics”