War matchmaking. Wtf

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
Fartcarcas
Cadet Trooper

War matchmaking. Wtf

Post#1 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Recently our matchmaking has totally been one sided. We are the empire. The last dozen or wars we’ve had three prestige bases, one of them is mine. And rest of our war bases are a mix level a few threes fours and above. The other teams have been having about 10 or more prestige bases. With the lowest base tonight. It’s making a lot of the new guys quit.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Re: War matchmaking. Wtf

Post#2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Switching matchmaking times can have a big difference. For instance, Noon through 6PM EST tends to be a harder time period for imperial squads in matchmaking, as you have a chance of matching stronger European squads. I would suggest looking at the GSoW matchmaking queue prior to initiating a war search: http://gsow.net/warmatching.html If there are a lot of rebel squads in the queue, maybe postpone matchmaking.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Squad: CircleOf.Masters
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

CoolGuy
Admiral

Post#3 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Suggest you read the dozens of other posts on this issue. War matchmaking has always been broken, and along with all the other issues with the game Zynga just doesn't care. Follow the above advice.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

Oldrebel
Commodore

Post#4 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Your mix of bases is wrecking you. Never a good idea to have prestige bases in with very low levels.
Practice better management of your wars - leave the prestige players out, limit the 9s and 10s.
The prestige players can be troop cooks, but should guest in wars elsewhere.

DesertPyramid
Admiral

Post#5 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:12 pm

How many medals do your players have?

Our squad got matched with an imperial squad. War starts in about 6 hours now.
Rebels: 3xP, 1xL10, 2xL9, 2xL8, 4xL6, and 3xL5
Imperials: 11xP, 1xL10, 2xL9, and 1xL8

I have about 70K medals that I think helped skew the matching, I suggested they leave me out, but I think we only have 15 active members, so I got included.
Rebel Squad: Jedi_Falcons L10+ Perks: L38
Medals: ~70k Deka/o: 50/50 Jets: 5d/4f/4a

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”