Outposts Buff Stats

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
ember
Squadron Leader

Outposts Buff Stats

Post#1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:47 am

Perhaps it was discussed before, but I missed it.

Is there any stats / info about exact amount of buff from war outposts?

Thanks.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

DeathStriker

Re: Outposts buff stats

Post#2 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:35 pm

ember wrote:Perhaps it was discussed before, but I missed it.

Thanks.

ember - See [SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic

It has been an honor and a privilege helping the SWC Community. MTFBWYA

ember
Squadron Leader

Post#3 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:14 am

Thanks!

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:55 pm

DeathStriker wrote:
ember wrote:Perhaps it was discussed before, but I missed it.

Thanks.

ember - See [SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic

I have seen those numbers posted before, and as much as I think the Tako and Tat buffs are too high, the 400% and 500% numbers seem to be too high vs. what I see in practice. The Jet armory buff at level 10 skin is 188%. At least that's the published number. While the Tako buff seems slightly stronger, I wouldn't say it seems like 500% vs. the 188% I see with the level 10 skinned jets vs. a dev Prestige dev base. War bases are basically dev bases, except for the sc troops. In practice it feels like about 300% IMO.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#5 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:14 pm

concur - I see the burst skins (damage, health) being roughly 2x boosts, but have not seen anything that's a 4x or 5x boost, that would be absurd and REALLY unbalancing.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Feel free to disagree with the numbers. They are pulled straight from the game, and as such are likely correct. I sometimes wonder if players compare outpost buffs in wars to armory buffs in PvP.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Squad: CircleOf.Masters
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#7 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Note that planet skins often boost both damage and health while Tako and Tat only increase damage.

People tend to focus more on damage, but don’t pay enough attention to health.

In Tako wars, because of shorter range, your jets/jumps will get hit first by turets before returning fires, and because there is no health boost, they may suffer higher damage than in regular PVP with high level planet armory equipments. With Tako and Dando though, they are just about invincible.

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#8 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:40 pm

DarkRebel wrote:Note that planet skins often boost both damage and health while Tako and Tat only increase damage.

People tend to focus more on damage, but don’t pay enough attention to health.

In Tako wars, because of shorter range, your jets/jumps will get hit first by turets before returning fires, and because there is no health boost, they may suffer higher damage than in regular PVP with high level planet armory equipments. With Tako and Dando though, they are just about invincible.

Yes, the health buff that the armory skins have which are not part of the Tako buff might be the difference. That's a 188% increase on the health side. Maybe the 188% buff on each side amounts to a total increase of 376% as a simple example, if we just added the two together vs 500% for the Tako buff. Possible. It doesn't feel like I have more jets/jumps at the end of a PvP attack vs. a war attack, but I guess in theory I should. I may take a count in the future, just to see if that's the case.
lukeskywalker
Leader

TKTB51
Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:59 pm

a buff of 188% on health and a buff of 188% on damage does not mathematically stack to a "combined" buff of 376%.

a buff of 188% means that your base stat of 100% is now 288%. Almost a 3.

And If you're alive three times as long, you're going to be doing damage thice as long at thrice the rate.

They're multiplicative. Which means ... MORE.

2.88 times 2.88 = 8.2944 equals 829.44%. More than 8x the base of 100%.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

lukeskywalker
Admiral

Post#10 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:14 pm

TKTB51 wrote:a buff of 188% on health and a buff of 188% on damage does not mathematically stack to a "combined" buff of 376%.

a buff of 188% means that your base stat of 100% is now 288%. Almost a 3.

And If you're alive three times as long, you're going to be doing damage thice as long at thrice the rate.

They're multiplicative. Which means ... MORE.

2.88 times 2.88 = 8.2944 equals 829.44%. More than 8x the base of 100%.

Understood. I did say "simple example". Technically you are correct, but that's the math/theory. However, that does not match the eye test. I know it's data coming from the game code itself, but the eye test is telling me there's more to it. Obviously the attrition rate of the units dying during battle is a factor, etc. Taking the 829.44% maxed buffed jets vs. the 500% buff for Tako only wars without Dando, that means that the buffed jets in PvP are much better than the Tako buffed jets. Are they? I have armory level 10 buffed Prestige jets. The Tako buffed jets seem to be slightly better than the armory buffed jets in PvP in actual game play. Plus, that's comparing attacks against essentially dev bases in wars that have sc troops, whereas in PvP the dev bases have no sc troops. That's as close to an apples to apples comparison that I can think of in actual game play.

What I suspect is that the higher damage rate with the Tako buff, results in a faster elimination of turrets, which in turn is a "health" buff in disguise. Less turrets, less hits, longer survival rate. Bottom line, something more complex than a straight multiplication exercise. Attrition for both attacking units and turrets need to be in the equation somehow.

In the end it may not matter, since we all need to play according to what we see in actual results and adjust accordingly. Just interesting to note, since I generally have about even results, but feel like I have more jets still alive at the end of a Tako war than a PvP attack on a dev base even with armory level 10 Prestige jets.
lukeskywalker
Leader

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”