New To No OPs (NTNO) - Discussion Topic

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

New To No OPs (NTNO) - Discussion Topic

Post#1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 am

New To No OPs (NTNO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=MclNR73sr00

The No OPs War Movement whereby two Squads agree to not take Outposts (like Takodana, Tatooine, Dandoran, etc.) during a Squad War continues to grow and get better.

There are already several Squads, mostly in GSoW Ultra Chrome League which have been doing No OP Wars for quite some time and have gotten really good at it.

Going up against another Squad in a No OP War that has been doing No OPs for quite some time may seem intimidating to other Squads, regardless of GSoW League and/or Rank.

AND SO... There is new LINE Chat Group specifically designed for those "New" (or nearly new) to doing No OP Wars. There are NO GSoW League / Rank requirements. It is very simple...

1. Sign-Up
  2. Get Matched
  3. Do Squad War using any units you want (unless both Squads agree differently).
  4. Enjoy the "challenge" of Attacking using Units with no additional Damage or Health Buffs against Enemy Bases with no additional Defensive Buffs.
  5. Become a better War Commander.
:arrow: NTNO No-OP Match Days/Times: ** Rebels go at time specified; Empire goes 20 Minutes Later

• Monday: 12:00 PM EDT/EST (16:00 UTC)
  • Wednesday: 2:00 PM EDT/EST (18:00 UTC)
  • Friday: 4:00 PM EDT/EST (20:00 UTC)
IF YOUR SQUAD IS INTERESTED in trying NO OP Wars then NTNO is the place to start. If you have the LINE App you can PM me or PM Forum Member Spock to get invited to the NTNO Line Chat Group.

Post any comments below....
Last edited by DeathStriker on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Post - Added Video

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

CoolGuy
Admiral

Re: New To No OPs (NTNO) - Discussion Topic

Post#2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Still haven't gotten the hang of no-OPs yet. It requires a good knowledge of how to use all available troops and getting out of the jet/jump smash everything mindset.
Windows refugee with the Rogue Ewok group. Killing the Empire since 2015.
Come and visit us at RogueEwokReturn

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Nice video!

The No-OP wars were the best thing the SWC community has ever created - to also prove that we don't need all those OP units that the Devs try to stick in our throats to enjoy the game. I hope someday they will put this option in squad wars. But I am not optimistic.

On Windows in the last days, Wars were all we had until they shut down... And I really enjoyed playing all those 5-player wars in the pre-Armory era.

Now, like a noob I root for a Takodana war and not worry about any strategy but to deploy Jets/Jumps like crazy and try to destroy everything and do my 3 attacks as fast as possible...

I think it's too late for me, buddy... I became a lazy and dumb attacker. I'd have to relearn it all over again. And I am getting too old for this rock n roll.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 am

I'm conscious that I'm the third person to comment here with a Kenobi profile pick.

However, I cannot recommend No-OP enough. I started doing no-OP a coupe of months ago, and it's really reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the game, particularly 'restricted' no-OP. This takes the game almost back to its original form - so no-one can use the newer OP units like SMTTs and togs when attacking.

Clearing bases is much more of a challenge if you don't use outposts, and it forces you to use units you've neglected for months, if not years.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

DarthLazer
Commodore

Post#5 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:25 am

I find that many of the NO-OP participants have been around very long and therefore have all units maxed, which provides a certain edge. Coming on after Windows went down, still have a long ways to go to get special units maxed out. I know many in our squad have the interest to learn the loadouts and tactics of these no-op wars. Perhaps soon.
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

TKTB51
Major General

Post#6 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I've recently started researching some lesser used units to higher levels in preparation/anticipation of these ... such as dewbacks, scout troopers (to target resource buildings), etc.

Looking forward to being ready - I can't really justify this if my stuff is only level 5 (which is where I stopped using a number of those units).

T
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Neonpickle

Post#7 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:20 am

Welcome to No ops if your imp you will get jet swarmed with heal ships .
If you are rebs you will be spammed by dows Plus Elite At-At.
Enjoy

Forceisweaknyou
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 pm

If nothing else try no O P when Taco is in play
Leader ofSHADOW-GUARDrank140 148300k X
Looking forward to Ep9.

sapa
Captain

Post#9 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:38 am

A question for no OP war...we use diff chat (slack) and only i have LINE account. Is it enought to have only 1 LINE account and if its mandatory to post a reply of the attacks...not all have the record capability

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:09 am

sapa wrote:A question for no OP war...we use diff chat (slack) and only i have LINE account. Is it enought to have only 1 LINE account and if its mandatory to post a reply of the attacks...not all have the record capability

Sapa - Here are your answers:

1. Only 1 needs to have a LINE Account so as to chat in the NTNO Line Chat Group, but that said, often in NTNO Wars there is a "Joint War Chat Group" created and/or used by both Squads to ensure proper communication about "restrictions" if any, and to post any Video Replays and it is better if each Squad has 3 or 4 "active" Players at least in these "Joint War Chat Groups" but again that is not a requirement.

2. VIDEO REPLAYS: In NTNO there is no requirement at this point. But if you are starting Restricted, it’s a good idea to start doing video proofs in prep for FM NO OP Wars.
Hope that helps answer your questions...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”