Unfair Squad War Matchups

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
ObiWanKenobi2016
Grand Admiral

Re: Unfair Squad War Matchups

Post#21 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:02 am

TollRide wrote:Is anyone else experiencing lopsided squad war matchups? I swear it has gotten worse the last few weeks. Our last 2 opponents have had mostly prestige bases with a few 10s sprinkled in. We only have 3 guys in my squad with prestige bases. The rest are begginer 10s and 9s with some 7s, 8s, and 6s sprinkled in. It is not fair and is starting to not be fun.

Your situation is very common, I'm sorry to say.

Once you have 1 or 2 prestige bases in your line up, the matchmaking algorithm seems to assume matches with all prestige squads is fine, whereas in reality, it is not.

DarkRebel has explained the principal reasons why in his post - it's not just the poor algorithm, it's also the falling player numbers resulting in reduced number of War ready squads in the game; and what seems to be the reduced number of squads participating in wars.

At SoD, a squad of almost all prestige bases, we regularly wait hours / days for matches.

I also War in another squad that actively seeks No-OP Wars, The Midnight Mob. Due to the interest in no-OP Wars among elite squads a lot of squads try to War at the times players have organised through this site, and LINE. The Midnight Mob usually matches within 20 minutes, and the matches are pretty fair.

The best advice I can give you is
1) Hang in there. War is definitely one of the best parts of this game, particularly as your base gets stronger.
2) Avoid entering matchmaking during the elite squad No OP time frames.
HQ Prestige - Sons of Death & Midnight Mob

You must do what you think is right, of course.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#22 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 pm

The floodgates seem to have opened. Getting matchups quiet easily now, and there are a lot of new squads jumping in. The matchups also seem to be fairer on paper, based on HQ levels, however we have won 9 straight.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

TKTB51
Major General

Post#23 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:21 pm

where can I find a list of the elite no outpost dates/times so that we can avoid that?

EDIT: I just "pushed the button" to start a war and the matchup isn't as toxic as I'd feared ... thanks for the encouragement.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

Therealharbinger
Commodore

Post#24 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:35 am

Last war I had we severely out gunned them. It was fun and easy to 45 up in 20 mins. They couldnt even take the OPs back. They were that weak.

Rewards were good though mind.

DeathStriker

Post#25 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:31 am

TKTB51 wrote:where can I find a list of the elite no outpost dates/times so that we can avoid that?

Force Match (FM) Match days/times: ** Rebels go at time specified; Empire goes 20 Minutes Later

• Monday: 1:00 PM EDT/EST (17:00 UTC)
  • Wednesday: 3:00 PM EDT/EST (19:00 UTC)
  • Friday: 5:00 PM EDT/EST (21:00 UTC)
NT60 No-OP Match days/times: ** Rebels go at time specified; Empire goes 20 Minutes Later

• Monday: 12:00 PM EDT/EST (16:00 UTC)
  • Wednesday: 2:00 PM EDT/EST (18:00 UTC)
  • Friday: 4:00 PM EDT/EST (20:00 UTC)
Combined No-OP Match days/times:

• Monday: 12:00 PM EDT/EST thru 1:30 PM EDT/EST (16:00 to 17:30 UTC)
  • Wednesday: 2:00 PM EDT/EST thru 3:30 PM EDT/EST (18:00 UTC to 19:30 UTC)
  • Friday: 4:00 PM EDT/EST thru 5:30 PM EDT/EST (20:00 UTC to 21:30 UTC)
Hope this helps answer your question...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

RogueTwo
Captain

Post#26 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:39 pm

It has been awful lately. This week us: 4 prestige, 4-9s, 8, 2-7s, 3-6s, 5, & 3). Them: 7 Prestige, 3-10s, 4-9s, 1-8.

Outposts: Tat, Hoth, Er'kit

I told my team to not even waste their time. They rolled us in 1 hour time.

I even contacted support about this awfulness. Told them that squad wars was the only time I used crystals and I wasn't attacking this time.

I typically match make between 7 - 8 am EST.

Initial email
Squad war match making is awful. Again, a lopsided matchup this week. I typically use crystals during squad wars, not going to do it this week. This needs to be fixed ASAP or you are going to lose more players

Response
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding Squad War Matchmaking with us. Matchmaking in the game is dependent upon several factors such as Squad Medal Count and Squad Level among others. It's possible to get different experiences. Improvements for the algorithm in matchmaking is still being done so for more details on this, please see this article from your support site :

https://zynga.my/SWCMatch

Also, if you choose to start a war with your own faction, you may have better chances of getting a more evenly matched fight. Thanks!

Follow up
The problem we players are having can be resolved easily.

Matchup based on base levels plus or minus X amount. This will penalize those with mini bases/sandbaggers and stop medal dropping. No way should we have to face the team we have this week. There is no point in playing.

It is pointless to continue playing if it keeps up like this.

This was a fun game to play. Please improve it or more will leave.

Response
I'm sorry to know how the current matchmaking system has impacted your game play experience. Rest assured that while we are unable to guarantee immediate changes, improvements to the algorithm are being continuously done to give players a fair and competitive match up at a faster rate. I will share your feedback with our Development Team for consideration on future updates. Thank you for your patience and continued support.
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 9
Thing2 - Level 9

RogueTwo
Captain

Post#27 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:40 am

This weekends matchup is against a team with 11 prestige, 1 9 and 3 8s. Why bother?

Going back and forth with support...again
JEDIKNIGHTS (Leader) - Rebel bases:
RogueTwo - Prestige
Thing1 - Level 9
Thing2 - Level 9

DeathStriker

Post#28 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:11 pm

My Squad - Death_Striker - with a War Party of HQ 11 (3), HQ 10 (2), HQ 9 (2), HQ 8 (6) , HQ 7 (1), HQ 5 (1) - got matched with - HQ 11 (14), HQ 10 (1) in a Near No OP War (Yavin, Dando, Erkit).

AND SO... the War Mismatches continue...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Major General

Post#29 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 pm

11x14 and 10x1 ... ouch, you are going to be curbstomped.

I don't know what the answer is - you need to keep the 11s out of the war? Then ... why be in the squad at all? I still want purple war frags ...
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#30 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:12 pm

In our recently matched war, we have 14 prestige and 1 hq10. They have 2 prestige, 7 hq10, 4 hq9, 1 hq8, 1 hq5. That is a terrible match, especially since this was done during FM matchmaking and there were plenty of rebel squads comparable to ours out there to match. Well go against outposts, get a bit of practice in for no-op wars, will get our victory crate, and the other side will be discouraged. Sigh.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”