Unfair Squad War Matchups

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
DeathStriker

Re: Unfair squad war matchups

Post#11 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 pm

XitLiteNtrNite wrote:You should also look to avoid squad war searches when no-op squads are flooding the system in hopes of getting a no-op war. For instance, Force Match (FM) does war searches at 1:00/1:20 on Monday, 3:00/3:20 on Wednesday, and 5:00/5:20 on Friday (rebels go at the earlier time; imperials at the later time). There is also NT60 no-op searches, though I don't know their schedule.

XitLiteNtrNite - Sound Advice. You did not specify what Time Zone (EST/EDT) presumed.

NT60 No-OP Match days/times:

• Monday: 12:00 PM EDT 16:00 UTC
  • Wednesday: 2:00 PM EDT 18:00 UTC
  • Friday: 4:00 PM 20:00 UTC

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 5+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

TKTB51
Major General

Post#12 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 pm

yep, we haven't done a squad war in some time - too many mismatches.
Player: TK-TB51 (leader)
Squad: DarkLords
Level 50 with all maxed out perks
Imperial (like you didn't know that already)

Founder of MEGA - "Make the Empire Great Again".

www.darklords.info (under construction)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#13 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 pm

We just keep getting into the matchup queue. It's tougher since the last server maintenance, but we are still 5-3-2 in our last 10, vs. mostly Prestige squads. As bad as it looks on paper, it's usually very close in practice. Our worst loss was 35-45, and we usually rotate players so we don't have a stacked lineup generally. You definitely need a core of 5-6 great players that can score on anyone. That keeps you competitive, since the others just need to assist with outposts. That said, I would definitely like to get wars set up, where our level 5's, 6's, and 7's have bases to attack. For now, we just want to keep the war crates coming, to help our new members unlock units/skins.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

LordWader
Commodore

Post#14 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Somebody in my squad just started a war. We have 3 prestige, 3 lvl 10 HQ and the rest are a mix of 8s and 6s. So it is only natural that we get matched up with a squad that has 14 prestige and 1 level 10. And his is why my squad never does wars anymore, absolutely ridiculous!

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#15 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm

LordWader wrote:Somebody in my squad just started a war. We have 3 prestige, 3 lvl 10 HQ and the rest are a mix of 8s and 6s. So it is only natural that we get matched up with a squad that has 14 prestige and 1 level 10. And his is why my squad never does wars anymore, absolutely ridiculous!

You can still get a 45-45 tie, and in some instances a win. There are a lot of Prestige squads that are rushed Prestiges, and they are really level 8's and 9's. Of course, you occasionally run into the serious squads, but those are actually quite rare. Maybe 1 in 10 to 1 in 20. Your level 6's and 8's will need to hold outposts or coordinate with the 10's and Prestige players. The Prestige and 10's need to 3 star for sure. It's possible for your level 8's to 3 star Prestige bases with Tako or Tat in play. Having MTT's also helps.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Badas

Post#16 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:19 pm

First time posting. Been reading from this forums for years. Just want to give my two cents.
I am with Rebel_Outcasts and we squad wars twice a week. We get paired up with some mess up matches and some fair balance ones too. It feels unfair, but doesn't stop us from continuing the fight. Win more, and lose some.
We don't use a 3rd party app to coordinate, everyone learns the mechanics of squad wars. Keep it simple and have fun.
Don't give up. Squad wars is fun and very competitive sport.
I hope the developer do find a smarter way to do the match making. It's not going be perfect but something better then what it is now.
I believe medals doesn't matter. Rushed bases or anything. It's how many level 10s and 11s you take. I think if you take more then 4 level 10/11s your matches are going to the high end matches. Even then sometimes you might get a good match.

Good luck and maybe see you in squad wars.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#17 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27 pm

We are in a Tat war right now, with a squad that has 5 Prestige, 4 level 10's, 4 level 9's, 1 level 8 and 1 level 7. We have 2 Prestige, 4 level 10's, 3 level 9's, 2 level 8's, 2 level 7's, 1 level 6, and 1 level 5. Our experienced level 7's through level 10, took out all their top bases and it was 39-2 in the first hour. Our Prestige bases didn't need to do a thing. It's 44-11 now, and we are just keeping the last level 7 base open for our level 5 and 6 to take their shots. Good practice.

There are more casual squads than serious squads in the queue, so any active squad will win more than half their battles, no matter the matchups on paper.
lukeskywalker
Leader

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#18 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Boog wrote:I don't see how having no outposts evens the field. Powerful outposts are the only thing that gives weak squads a chance to compete when they are over-matched.

As an option, it sounds fine for players that want it, but I also don't see how it makes money for Zynga. No outposts means no hurrying to cook air loads or mercenaries. You literally have all day to cook 3 highly specialized loadouts, and you can attack whenever you want. If Zynga did offer the option, they should also shorten the war duration a lot. If the war lasted an hour, then you'd have to use xtals for attacks 2 and 3 most likely, and that could generate some income. Or, they could let the war last 24 h, but put each attacker on a timer. As soon as you launch your first attack, you have 30 minutes to use the final two.

I think having no outposts can even up matchups when the "weaker" on paper squad has more experience. Having Tako or Tat in play, only helps a weaker squad tie a high level squad. Sync up and you get to 45, but you can't stop the other squad from reaching 45. If a squad has 5-6 experienced level 9 through Prestige players, they can score 45 on a higher level squad that lacks experience. It sounds counter intuitive at first, but since our squad is constantly the underdog in wars on paper, we have found that non Tako and Tat wars tend to work in our favor. We won't beat an all Prestige squad with 160K medal players, but we will beat an all Prestige squad that has only one or two players with 100K plus medals. The less experienced squads seem to have trouble 3 starring a base without Tako or Tat. That means a few of our level 9's, 10's and Prestige bases generally remain standing and we'll win 45-40 or something to that effect.
lukeskywalker
Leader

DarthLazer
Commodore

Re: Unfair Squad War Matchups

Post#19 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm

It has always come in waves, our sister squad use to get paired with all easy squads DDII, now it seems they are finally getting paired fairly across the board, as is our primary squad Dark_DyNasty... I'm certain it will balance out again for you. Kenobi cover it all pretty well in first response.

Reagrds, Force Awareness
Partner of Dark_DyNasty squad and Windows survivor.
Medal count is up there
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Force_Awareness

MachineHead
Captain

Re: Unfair Squad War Matchups

Post#20 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:52 am

For my squad it seems that since end of july the matching is getting more fair! Maybe it is to early to do a serious statistic(only 10 wars until this evening)...but there was no squad anymore wich was not equal to us! Before every third squad was much stronger...
mySquad: closed
myAccounts: MachineHead, Bulldozer, NineInchNails, Ministry, lol

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”