Unfair Squad War Matchups

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
TollRide
Storm Trooper

Unfair Squad War Matchups

Post#1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:11 am

Is anyone else experiencing lopsided squad war matchups? I swear it has gotten worse the last few weeks. Our last 2 opponents have had mostly prestige bases with a few 10s sprinkled in. We only have 3 guys in my squad with prestige bases. The rest are begginer 10s and 9s with some 7s, 8s, and 6s sprinkled in. It is not fair and is starting to not be fun.
Last edited by DeathStriker on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Topic Title - Capitalized

Lord
Commodore

Re: Unfair squad war matchups

Post#2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:09 am

Wake up! There is mever fairness in this world, the strpng always eat the weak.

TollRide
Storm Trooper

Post#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 am

Thanks for that insightful reply. It was really helpful.

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:36 am

TollRide wrote:Thanks for that insightful reply. It was really helpful.

Don't worry about him, he's like a troll with meaningless commentary and excessive negativity. Take a look at related threads, there are a lot of mismatches in wars, and you can get an idea of ​​what other squads are experiencing and try some possibilities to improve your matchmaking.

But don't have much hope, currently the number of squads in wars has dropped a lot, which means that weaker squads are more likely to be combined with stronger squads, and mismatches like 12 prestige + 3 HQs 10 against 1 prestige, 1 10 and few 9, 8 and 7 have become the dish of the day because there aren't many options actually.

Here is a list of threads about:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24766
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24800
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24601
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24669
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=21892
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24443
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

DarkRebel
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 am

Don't know the true answer, but my theory is:

1. Less and less squads play squad wars, especially lower level squads
2. A recent change in match making logic to keep wait time to some reasonable amount.

Because of (1) there are less available squads in the match making queue to so it's harder to find an equivalent opponent squad to match with.

Because of (2), instead of waiting and waiting forever until a comparable squad enters the match making queue, after some amount of time, the system just picks whatever squad in the queue that is most equivalent to your squad and match you with that squad.

Richaldo
Grand Admiral

Post#6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 am

Our match ups are very variable... we either get a top 50 squad (which makes sense as we are mainly prestige) or some poor unfortunates... generally those we try and take NOOP or without the posts... we mainly war for fun, not necessarily for the win! :)
Richaldo. Leader of SITh, home of Cider and Banter!!! Level 50
Level 26 Prestige 163,750 medals

Boreal
Cadet Trooper

Post#7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 am

I think it would be cool if they could add a check box to match for no planet/outpost wars. Might even the playing field a bit.

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't see how having no outposts evens the field. Powerful outposts are the only thing that gives weak squads a chance to compete when they are over-matched.

As an option, it sounds fine for players that want it, but I also don't see how it makes money for Zynga. No outposts means no hurrying to cook air loads or mercenaries. You literally have all day to cook 3 highly specialized loadouts, and you can attack whenever you want. If Zynga did offer the option, they should also shorten the war duration a lot. If the war lasted an hour, then you'd have to use xtals for attacks 2 and 3 most likely, and that could generate some income. Or, they could let the war last 24 h, but put each attacker on a timer. As soon as you launch your first attack, you have 30 minutes to use the final two.

TollRide
Storm Trooper

Post#9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks guys. That clears things up a little. Glad we're not the only squad facing this issue. I was getting pretty frustrated.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#10 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 pm

You should also look to avoid squad war searches when no-op squads are flooding the system in hopes of getting a no-op war. For instance, Force Match (FM) does war searches at 1:00/1:20 on Monday, 3:00/3:20 on Wednesday, and 5:00/5:20 on Friday (rebels go at the earlier time; imperials at the later time). There is also NT60 no-op searches, though I don't know their schedule.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”