Match-making is even worse now

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
sapa
Captain

Match-making is even worse now

Post#1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 am

Maybe im missing something or i dont understand MM alghoritem, but still....

we are rebel squad (middle bronzium league with 5 P bases,10,9,8,6) and last 9 wars we get matched with ultra chrome league with all P bases,im not talking sandbaggers bases, but hard core P and 10. So....how is this possible? they outgunned us in all-base scores,medals,skill points....we try different days,hours, even skip friday no OP MM

and of course there is tat/dan and tak so its a draw or a loss

can someone pls explain to me again, how the MM algorithem works? hmm

Sauvage

Re: Match-making is even worse now

Post#2 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:35 am

Exactly the same here. We are bronzium with 3 p bases and the rest are 10 down to 7. The last 3 wars have been against full on top 20 squads all prestige hardcore squads.
Don’t get me wrong I like a challenge but this is ridiculous.

We have stopped having wars until it’s either fixed or the squad dissolve. It’s a shame as we have all been playing for years.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#3 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:22 am

I am not able to find the OP boost amount. I would like to know the numbers as I don't seem to remember them.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

DeathStriker

Post#4 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 am

Harshit wrote:I am not able to find the OP boost amount. I would like to know the numbers as I don't seem to remember them.

Harshit - See Topic: [SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Harshit
Admiral

Post#5 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 am

DeathStriker wrote:
Harshit wrote:I am not able to find the OP boost amount. I would like to know the numbers as I don't seem to remember them.

Harshit - See Topic: [SQUAD WARS] Outpost Buffs Explained - Discussion Topic.

Thanks as always, DS. :D
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#6 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:44 pm

This is probably not a matchmaking algo issue. It's more likely the squads that are entering the queue. My guess is that the smaller and/or newer squads with players between level 3-9, are no longer participating in wars. That means that matchmaking has no choice but to force a matchup with a higher level squad. We made several attempts to get a level 6-9 war started and all we saw were 12-15 Prestige squads. We went with a higher level squad with level 8-Prestige, and ironically got a mismatch the other way. It's unfortunate.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Toydarian
Commodore

Post#7 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:09 pm

This topic has probably had more posts than any other. Others here know that I bitched about MM in wars a lot in the past. I am now positioned to live with what it is, for the multitude of reasons that have been set out in those other posts. In our last war, we had one low medal count P, 2 10s, one 9, others 8s and below. We were up against 9 Ps, 3 10s etc. Our 7s, 8s, 9s, took em on. Final was 41:40 to the imps. Gutting, but we did not quit, we fought, we learned. My advice is just this: choose your war squad carefully; fight hard; remove those that elect not to fight. That way, your journey to “better” will be on the right track. That lesson, hard I learned, from one of the great people here.
Leader of Derwiderst4nd (Rebel, Squad Level 50)
Podracer repairs by appointment only

BusuBoots
Commodore

Post#8 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Our squad has 1 p many lvl 4 and a couple 6\7 in war.... We get pretty reasonable matches, but we also check the box for same side matches.
Spawn Rising is our feeder squad. We need active commanders. Join now!

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#9 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:00 pm

We started a war yesterday with 13 presto and 2 lvl 10 bases, and got a squad with 13 presto and 2 lvl 10 bases. I think that's a first for us, lol.

Harshit
Admiral

Post#10 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:59 am

Boog wrote:We started a war yesterday with 13 presto and 2 lvl 10 bases, and got a squad with 13 presto and 2 lvl 10 bases. I think that's a first for us, lol.

Really a good match that I haven't seen ages.
My squad is actually outmatching many recent matches that the other side just give up and we don't like that at all. We get Quantum squad for matches sometimes too that most of the time results in tie even without tako.

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”