Wars for HQ level 5 through 9

All Squad Wars related topics. Questions, comments, issues, shout outs, call outs.
lukeskywalker
Major General

Wars for HQ level 5 through 9

Post#1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 pm

It seems like the number of war squads with players between HQ level 5 and 9, have dropped considerably. I have not been able to get a matchup for those players, since the last server maintenance. Anyone having the same experience? We were able to get some prior to the server maintenance, and it feels like some of those squads decided to walk away from wars during that break.
Last edited by lukeskywalker on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukeskywalker
Leader
Squad: onewiththeforce
Squad Level: 50

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

DeathStriker

Re: Wars for HQ level 5 through 9

Post#2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:I seems like the number of war squads with players between HQ level 5 and 9, have dropped considerably.

lukeskywalker - The most probable reason is Players rushing HQ Upgrades to Prestige while keeping "other" Structures at Level 5 to Level 10.

This coupled with the decrease in the number of Players in Squads is most likely the "cause" of your "issue".

I still see HQ 5 to HQ 9 HQ's in Wars but I too now see a lot of Prestige and HQ 10's but when you look at these Prestige or HQ 10's you see that only the HQ and maybe the SC has been upgraded but not much else.

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

mkenobi
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Prestige ruined at once the matchmaking that was already broken by the absurd amount of sandbaggings trying to fool the matchmaking and get easy targets. My HQ 6 is being combined with Prestige now, most with level 3 turrets, and level 7, 8, or 9 buildings.

Recently, my HQ 6 was selected for war in a group of 2 Prestige, 3 10s and a few 9, 8 and 7, and we were combined with 12 Prestige and 3 10s... Hahahaha No one attacked, just me, and as I didn't have anything else I could attack but Tatooine, at least I could recapture the OP at level 9 as HQ 6...

Top squads do not accept HQ 5 or HQ 6, much less put them in matchmaking for war. If your squad still does that, congratulations, but you must be one of the few I know besides my old squad Solo's Band.

Wars are now only for 10s and Prestiges, and top squads. Don't go to war with a bunch of 5 or 6 if you have 1 or 2 Prestige or you can call 12 or more full Prestiges in the rival team, or as Death Striker noted, you can call a squad full of mini Prestiges and it's going to be a massacre of anyway. The last has happened several times in my old Imperial squad. It is not worth exposing newbies to this.

It's sad because HQ 5 and HQ 6 are responsible for maintaining activity in squads and in the game, and squad wars are the best featured in the game, and it's the best way to integrate them into the squad routine and make them feel useful.
SWC Windows survivor.

Imperial Prestige / Rebel Prestige on vacation and trying new games.
If you are Rebel join "Solo's_Band" (war squad) or "Ewok_revenge" (training squad)

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#4 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 pm

mkenobi wrote:Prestige ruined at once the matchmaking that was already broken by the absurd amount of sandbaggings trying to fool the matchmaking and get easy targets. My HQ 6 is being combined with Prestige now, most with level 3 turrets, and level 7, 8, or 9 buildings.

Recently, my HQ 6 was selected for war in a group of 2 Prestige, 3 10s and a few 9, 8 and 7, and we were combined with 12 Prestige and 3 10s... Hahahaha No one attacked, just me, and as I didn't have anything else I could attack but Tatooine, at least I could recapture the OP at level 9 as HQ 6...

Top squads do not accept HQ 5 or HQ 6, much less put them in matchmaking for war. If your squad still does that, congratulations, but you must be one of the few I know besides my old squad Solo's Band.

Wars are now only for 10s and Prestiges, and top squads. Don't go to war with a bunch of 5 or 6 if you have 1 or 2 Prestige or you can call 12 or more full Prestiges in the rival team, or as Death Striker noted, you can call a squad full of mini Prestiges and it's going to be a massacre of anyway. The last has happened several times in my old Imperial squad. It is not worth exposing newbies to this.

It's sad because HQ 5 and HQ 6 are responsible for maintaining activity in squads and in the game, and squad wars are the best featured in the game, and it's the best way to integrate them into the squad routine and make them feel useful.

Yeah, it's not a good thing for the game. The level 6's through 8's often are the people who would most like to war. They benefit the most from the frags given in the war crates, and the resources. We pull them into wars anyway, but we know it's most likely a 45-45 tie when Tako and Tat are in play. We just finished a 45-45 tie against an all Prestige squad, which meant the level 6's and 7's could only handle outpost duty. It would be better if they can get involved in base attacks too.

We were able to get some matchups just a month ago, though, so the well really dried up recently and post server maintenance seems to have been when the bottom fell out.
lukeskywalker
Leader

We are always looking for active players. We have a squad of 20+ members, and we war at least once a week. We have maxed out our Perks. We like helping new players, so all players are welcome!

Spiff
Lieutenant

Post#5 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Best thing I can tell you is get into the SWC community on LINE. Chances are you'll be able to reach out to your opponent for an OP deal if you're badly outmatched.

Fisherman
Commodore

Post#6 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Spiff wrote:Best thing I can tell you is get into the SWC community on LINE. Chances are you'll be able to reach out to your opponent for an OP deal if you're badly outmatched.

Not all prestige bases are created equal so check them first, lots of poor war base set ups, low turret and building levels make them less awesome than they first appear.... and I agree with Spiff... if you run into a ‘top squad’ my experience is they are often open to modifying how ops are treated. They too are often disappointed with the mismatch... (although there are some that just love seal clubbing and rushing to 45 and moving on)

Harshit
Admiral

Post#7 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 pm

My both squads which are both former windows squads are willing to take HQ 6-9 in the war team for anytime. We also don't have any below HQ 6 players in our squads.
MIgrated from Windows from former squad HOLCRON HORROR. NOW shifted to android/ios in the squad HH-resurrectionand and our sister squad at HH-Insurrection. Apply now and be loyal to the EMPEROR.

XitLiteNtrNite
Major General

Post#8 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:38 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:Yeah, it's not a good thing for the game. The level 6's through 8's often are the people who would most like to war. They benefit the most from the frags given in the war crates, and the resources. We pull them into wars anyway, but we know it's most likely a 45-45 tie when Tako and Tat are in play. We just finished a 45-45 tie against an all Prestige squad, which meant the level 6's and 7's could only handle outpost duty. It would be better if they can get involved in base attacks too.

We were able to get some matchups just a month ago, though, so the well really dried up recently and post server maintenance seems to have been when the bottom fell out.

A mini squad works wonders. Let hq9 and below visit for the weekend to get used to warring against bases. They may win most of their wars, might even lose a few, but getting used to hitting bases is the objective.
In game name: Paper Tiger
Officer in: ThatsNoMoon
Line ID: paper-tiger
Discord: Paper Tiger#6882

lukeskywalker
Major General

Post#9 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Spiff wrote:Best thing I can tell you is get into the SWC community on LINE. Chances are you'll be able to reach out to your opponent for an OP deal if you're badly outmatched.

Generally it's a 45-45 tie, but the big issue is the level 6's and 7's don't get to attack bases, and get relegated to outpost duty. In some cases, if the 6's don't have the outposts in a given war, they get left out entirely.
lukeskywalker
Leader

DeathStriker

Post#10 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:10 pm

lukeskywalker wrote:... but the big issue is the level 6's and 7's don't get to attack bases, and get relegated to outpost duty. In some cases, if the 6's don't have the outposts in a given war, they get left out entirely.

lukeskywalker - In my Squad - Death_Striker - We use HQ 5's, HQ 6s in War. We try to get them to take OPs at Start (while the Level is Low) but if they can not take a OP we do something that others might want to do also.

:arrow: "Spy Attacks" - We often will load up our HQ 5's and HQ 6's SC's with Upper Level Units and then have them attack an Undibbed Base. While mostly they might get 1 Uplink (if none had been taken before) the important thing is that they can report back on what is in the Enemy SC (if they were able to "trip" it), info that other Players can use when doing their Attacks.

I think it is important for all Squads to include their Lower Level Players (if any) so as to keep them active in Squad and to help them when the Squad Wins by the "rewards" found in Victory Crates.

Adding to this Topic...

Death_Striker is looking for ALL Rebel Commanders
Sons_of_Death is looking for Level 8+ Rebel Commanders
If YOU Want to War - Apply Now!

Return to “Squad Wars Discussions”